SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I don't think either M is going to talk (until much later) if ever. Think about it. Your lawyer is going to say you didn't know the victim, you had nothing to do with it and you have no idea where she is. That is going to be their defense case all the way through the trial.

Unless LE has some solid hardcore evidence that neither of the Ms or their attorney thinks they can cast resonable doubt on, nobody is going to talk. MOO of course.

It is frustrating and sad to think that they aren't going to just give up what they know but I don't see them going down easy if this is how the lawyers are talking. UGH Frustrating! :banghead:

enjoying a sunny, 76° day! working on getting some fruits and veggies planted :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dadnabit - and I have to work today..... or pretend to work. My boss is out of town....

Oh well, Ill be here..... waiting...... lol

:waiting: :dunno: :blushing:

Waiting for March 17 is so hard. I cannot imagine what it feels like for Heather's family

I agree.

The 17th feels like it is so far away, even though its a week from today. Still, patience is not one of my strong points.

I simply cannot even fathom what it must be like for the Elvis'. This has been one long, unnecessary nightmare for them.

But, I try to remember that patience is a virtue, and good things come to those that wait.

With that being said, I really don't see us finding out much more about the case on the 17th.

Bond hearings are only to address two things; risk of flight, and danger to community. Considering they are facing murder charges, and nobody wants to go to jail for the rest of their life, I hope its proven that they are a flight risk and a danger to the community, therefore their bond being denied.

So as far as new evidence being released, I don't see much happening.

And personally, as impatient as I am, I'm okay with that. We all know that a defense attorney doesn't have to prove his client 'innocent', they just have to create reasonable doubt. Anything to respect the integrity of this case and ultimately being able to hold those responsible for their actions, I'm all for. And unfortunately for us, I believe that means LE is going to be as tight lipped as possible.

Of course I'm no LEO, lawyer, or anything close, but I think all that we are going to learn on the 17th is that (hopefully) bond is denied for both of the Moorer's.

We may get a few slight clues, but I feel we are going to have to wait for either a confession, or the trial to learn exactly what happened to Heather.

As important as that may be, so that the Moorer's are portrayed as the monsters they really are, and are held accountable for their actions, the *most* important thing is bringing Heather home.

Rest assured beloved Heather, we *will*, find you, and lay you to rest peacefully. There are many of us out there that are devoted to doing just this, and will not rest until it is accomplished.

You are the 'Community's Daughter.'

We have been fighting for you since day one, and will continue to do so. We will see this to the end. Beyond the trial. Beyond the convictions. Beyond the appeals. You are in our hearts, Heather, and we *will* not stop until you are brought home. Until you are able to rest in peace, neither are, or will, we.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 Running Android 4.4.2 via Tapatalk Pro 4

I agree.

Rest assured beloved Heather, we *will*, find you, and lay you to rest peacefully. There are many of us out there that are devoted to doing just this, and will not rest until it is accomplished.

You are the 'Community's Daughter.'

We have been fighting for you since day one, and will continue to do so. We will see this to the end. Beyond the trial. Beyond the convictions. Beyond the appeals. You are in our hearts, Heather, and we *will* not stop until you are brought home. Until you are able to rest in peace, neither are, or will, we.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 Running Android 4.4.2 via Tapatalk Pro 4

RSBM

Thank you for this. It is so true, beautiful and painful. All for a beautiful young lady most of us have never met.

Speaking of the 17th - does anyone know if the Elvis family wishes the community to, once again, show up at the hearing to show the court how strongly the community support is for Heather and for justice in this case?

I know they asked for that at the last bond hearing - it is why I went. I only know the Elvis family because of their helping a non-profit organization I run - but felt it was one of the few things I COULD do to show them people are standing behind them. (in addition to supporting the fundraisers and awareness outreach)

Speaking of the 17th - does anyone know if the Elvis family wishes the community to, once again, show up at the hearing to show the court how strongly the community support is for Heather and for justice in this case?

I know they asked for that at the last bond hearing - it is why I went. I only know the Elvis family because of their helping a non-profit organization I run - but felt it was one of the few things I COULD do to show them people are standing behind them. (in addition to supporting the fundraisers and awareness outreach)

I would imagine they would ask for support on the FB page if they want people to come out. They did just plan another candlelight vigil for Heather this Sunday evening at PTL.

where is everyone today?

IMOO we have gone over every tidbit from MSM ad nauseam and are waiting for news.

I am so relieved that the M's are :jail: but have a sick fear that there may not be enough evidence to hold them. Praying for peace and justice for the Elvis family.

I think LE has enough to get them to trial. I don't expect either to talk, with Heather not being found. Why should they? I doubt they will be advised to do so, while she remains missing. Defense attorneys are heartless about these scenarios, IMO. Since they don't want to know if clients are guilty, they are not going to press them to reveal where a body is. They only want to deal with what can proven. If LE makes an offer of some kind to which ever one will reveal Heather's location, the lawyer will pass it on. But I just can't see this happening, with LE confident enough to charge them with murder. JMO

I concur with everyone here in that LE must remain tight lipped. Having been a victim of a crime myself, with a case that was easily proven, the criminal justice system remains a system of process more than justice. One tiny slip up with evidence, process, etc...and your case is squashed and the defendant goes free.

It was so frustrating how long this took ( nearly 2 years for a first degree assault charge) and my patience was running out. The process seems to not fit the quick swift justice we all hear of.

I think LE has enough to get them to trial. I don't expect either to talk, with Heather not being found. Why should they? I doubt they will be advised to do so, while she remains missing. Defense attorneys are heartless about these scenarios, IMO. Since they don't want to know if clients are guilty, they are not going to press them to reveal where a body is. They only want to deal with what can proven. If LE makes an offer of some kind to which ever one will reveal Heather's location, the lawyer will pass it on. But I just can't see this happening, with LE confident enough to charge them with murder. JMO

come to think of it, the defendants have a right to remain silent. again, process :banghead:.

It may not actually be the 17th. They said the WEEK of March 17. :banghead: Hopefully it will be the 17th and not later in the week.

Yes, I see what you are saying because I have seen Both written...
For Instance:
http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_d584ebf6-9ff2-11e3-9efb-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

"Both Sidney and Tammy Moorer waived their right to bond hearings on the kidnapping charges on Monday, Feb. 24. They're due back in court March 17 for a bond hearing on the murder charges."
"Updated 4 days ago"

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/27/4059336/tammy-moorer-moved-to-georgetown.html

"A bond hearing for the couple is scheduled for March 17."
"February 27, 2014 "

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1012443#.Ux43bChiG_U

"Tammy and Sidney Moorer are due back in court the week of March 17."

"Posted: 02.26.2014 at 4:58 PMUpdated: 02.26.2014 at 7:20 PM"

The lawyers are making lawyer noises. TM never even met Heather, SM is clueless about what on earth could have happened, blah blah. I'm sure before it's over with we'll hear an entire book of tales about how Heather ran off to join the circus or was abducted by the drug cartel.

But right now, the story is 'LE made it all up'.

How strange that TM and SM NEVER met HEATHER YET LE HAS ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO ARREST THEM FOR MURDER !!!!!

Which is why I NEVER would have made it as a defense attorney ! I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night when faced with such....,

They just confirmed on the evening news that the bond hearing for both TM and SM will be Monday at 10 a.m.

OT
There was a case on a crime show the other day and it struck me how in some ways it was similar to this case. Mainly how someone could kill the other person instead of killing their own spouse or just leaving their spouse. This case was really strange and there were 2 married couples involved and one of the husbands killed the other cheating husband. Both familes were ruined and both families had many children.
Really sad.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/03/22/2501227/rob-hall-to-be-sentenced-thursday.html

Here is a link to that show.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/51770228#51770228

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members