SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding. The closest thing I want to a schedule on vacation is maybe circling on the door hanger menu what time I need my coffee to start arriving...no way would I go anyplace requiring this kind of planning...JMO

Absolutely...I can't even remember to make a dinner reservation for the same night. I would be a very hungry lady if I had to do this. But, really, we went to Disney during Christmas break over a year ago...never again- and we were okay with no reservations (didn't even know you could make them). We don't eat most of what they serve anyway. But we waited like an hour, or hour and a half, to eat in the Beauty and the Beast Castle place (you can see what a Disney lover I am!) because it was highly recommended. It was cool inside, but the food was garbage. I would never wait again like that. We would just eat before we go, have a quick snack, and eat when we left. I can't do the whole planning thing. Too much.

There is a section on this Dateline segment where Heather's sister is speaking and the sound is blanked out for me. Is it this way for everyone else, too?

It all played for me but lagged. :)

OT: I'm not sure if obsessive is the right word; what type of person plans out every restaurant they're going to eat each of their three meals a day for an eleven day vacation...five months in advance?! This is disturbing in the event that Heather's disappearance was planned in advance.

JMO

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...t-2069230-p-3.html+&cd=34&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

If you want to have sit down meals at Disney, you pretty much have too. Especially if you want certain popular restaruants.

Kelly

Yep. Same here.
We're the lazy procrastinating disney goers who eat chicken fingers and fries for every meal.

That's okay. I'm the Disney goer that either camps or stays in a room with a kitchen so we can eat more 'at home' instead of constantly in a restuarant. Half the time there's a meal waiting on us when we get back (crockpot! ). I hate scheduling all that so far in advance. I may do a few for special meals (celebrating a birthday or something) but for the most part, what I have waiting on me at my camp site is usually much better than what I would have paid triple for elsewhere in the resort. :)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

There is no need to bash Disney or people that like Disney because of your hate for TM. I hate TM too but my family loves Disney. We have season passes and we make reservations in advance because you have too and I will not bash Disney or people that enjoy it just because TM was obsessed with it any more than I wouldn't eat Italian food if I found out it was TMs favorite.

Can we stick to trying to find out where Heather is And what happened to her and stop bashing Disney and those that enjoy it. There are a lot of us and we do not kidnap and murder people.

Just trying to bring this back to Heather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no need to bash Disney or people that like Disney because of your hate for TM. I hate TM too but my family loves Disney. We have season passes and we make reservations in advance because you have too and I will not bash Disney or people that enjoy it just because TM was obsessed with it any more than I wouldn't eat Italian food if I found out it was TMs favorite.

Can we stick to trying to find out where Heather is And what happened to her and stop bashing Disney and those that enjoy it. There are a lot of us and we do not kidnap and murder people.

It's telling that a lot of the things people try to make as being "creepy" or "awful" about the M's really aren't. For example, I've seen posts that act like it was horrible that the family went to Disney a few times a year, and the kids must have hated it. Yup, going on vacation to an amusement park is just awful. Those poor kids. People are making everything they did and liked into something nefarious.

I haven't seen a single post that bashed Disney people. If there is one on the thread, I think it would be better handled by flagging the specific post and alerting a mod to remove it.

Anyone know what we can expect at this bond hearing on the 17th? Is it simply a judge setting bond (or not? Is that a possibility?)...and then TM & SM posting bond if they can? Would anything else happen? Trial dates set?

I've never followed a case this closely before.

for the bond hearing, the judge decides if he/she will grant bail and if so, how much. that is all based on what the DA argues regarding the accused i.e. they are a flight risk and threat to the community. the defendants lawyer gets to rebut based on whatever evidence they have to prove the contrary. it is also called an arraignment, IIRC.

i hope the judge doesn't set bond for them. more than a threat to the community, i believe these two will flee.

Can they be denied bail if the court finds that they may impede the investigation or interfere with witnesses/evidence?

for the bond hearing, the judge decides if he/she will grant bail and if so, how much. that is all based on what the DA argues regarding the accused i.e. they are a flight risk and threat to the community. the defendants lawyer gets to rebut based on whatever evidence they have to prove the contrary. it is also called an arraignment, IIRC.

i hope the judge doesn't set bond for them. more than a threat to the community, i believe these two will flee.

I wonder if they did or at least one of them got bonded out if they would try to tie up loose ends. Personally I hope they never see freedom again.

Can they be denied bail if the court finds that they may impede the investigation or interfere with witnesses/evidence?

this may help: http://www.bailbondinformationcenter.com/Denied-Bail.php

i really don't think that they will be granted bail, but lets say they are it's going to be an enormous amount. maybe one will be able to make bail, but both? i could see bail being a million dollars here. do they have that kind of money if they both have public defenders?

ETA: Casey Anthony's bond was 500k...she needed someone to post 10% of this...

seriously, thinking out loud to myself...they are not going to get bail...with all the traveling these two do, they are a flight risk.

I wonder if they did or at least one of them got bonded out if they would try to tie up loose ends. Personally I hope they never see freedom again.

i can't even see them having any loose ends to tie up...kids are with family, house is probably going to have a lien on it to pay court fees, etc...anything that needed to be signed can be done through their lawyers

i just don't want the two to ever be free again...i know innocent until proven guilty...but it's so obvious here

ETA: let's just put it this way, Myrtle Beach is my second home, by the time i become a full time resident (just a year or two), i want the trial over and the two locked up for good!

i can't even see them having any loose ends to tie up...kids are with family, house is probably going to have a lien on it to pay court fees, etc...anything that needed to be signed can be done through their lawyers!

By loose ends I meant if they got rid of evidence would they try to move it or would they try to hide something if they knew LE missed it. Would paranoia get the best of them?

i found this old article on the Casey Anthony case. scroll down to the part where they explain cell phone activity. i hope this helps in filling in any blanks we need regarding cell phone"pings" i highlighted most of it.

can't wait for what the telephone records show for SM and TM

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth...er-To-Bail-Casey-Anthony-Out-Of-Jail/13176154

'Cell Towers Could Track Casey Anthony

Investigators are looking through Casey Anthony's cell phone records, hoping the records will help trace Casey Anthony's "electronic footsteps" -- particularly on the days investigators have recently pinpointed -- June 16 through June 18.

Cell phones are constantly searching for a cell tower that makes it possible to receive and make calls.

When the signal hits a tower, it's called a ping.

"Basically, that's just how long it takes the signal to get from one point to another, and like I said, the phones are always polling for towers," Tom Matthews of Embarq said.

In many cases, tower locations are part of phone records that law enforcement can now use to trace someone?s electronic footsteps.

"And if the call was handed off then the billing records may show that it went from tower A to tower B and then tower C, and then you could really firm up what direction somebody was going and what time of day it was," Matthews said.'

By loose ends I meant if they got rid of evidence would they try to move it or would they try to hide something if they knew LE missed it. Would paranoia get the best of them?

good point! you would hope that the HCPD kept a careful eye on them and followed them before they were arrested though. but, yes. i can see paranoia getting the best of them. at that point if they get and make bail, they will have to wear a device around their leg so LE could track their every move.

also, i hope that LE is tracking family members too...who knows maybe they've coerced family members to move evidence for them while they are in jail.

again, i don't see that happening. no bail!

please LORD answer my prayers - find Heather!

A little OT:

I made sure today that I, my husband, my five sons, my parents, and my sisters each downloaded mylookout or findmyphone apps on all our devices. We all used our regular emails, or phone numbers and same "family password" for each account. Anybody goes missing and we can log in to mylookout or icloud and those apps tell you within 1 meter exactly where the phone was on last or is on and at presently. It's more important now days, than an ICE number in your phone.

i found this old article on the Casey Anthony case. scroll down to the part where they explain cell phone activity. i hope this helps in filling in any blanks we need regarding cell phone"pings" i highlighted most of it. '

Thank you so much. Great information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members