SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not convinced NG's comment about some cooperating and some not came from anyplace substanitated.

Huffington Post ran an article with the same wording. Some are cooperating, some not.

I guess you have to determine how reliable Huffington Post is ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone tried to use her debit or bank card at a drive-thru, for example, LE would know, and they would know there was foul play, IMO. So far they say they don't know. If someone tried to guess her pin, etc. attempts would show up.

I am not bothered so much by a text being last usage, only because I do not think they (this age group) make calls nearly as much as they text. A text would be more likely to be final transaction for most, IMO.

But I am leaning way more toward foul play, personally, but maybe not a stranger.
If you go through a drive thru you're not required to give you pin. I was Chick-Fil-A today and used a debit card they ran my card and handed me my food.

After so many attempts to guess a pin the bank cuts off card privileges to protect the cardholder. I just went through something like this with Bank Of America and they caught the problem and notified me immediately.

Huffington Post ran an article with the same wording. Some are cooperating, some not.

Well...to me, not very. They also muck up details of these cases too and throw people into a tizzy if they have not been closely following. JMO

If you go through a drive thru you're not required to give you pin. I was Chick-Fil-A today and used a debit card they ran my card and handed me my food.

After so many attempts to guess a pin the bank cuts off card privileges to protect the cardholder. I just went through something like this with Bank Of America and they caught the problem and notified me immediately.

I meant a bank machine. If it is closed, you need your pin.

I am not convinced NG's comment about some cooperating and some not came from anyplace substanitated.

I guess I can link this since it's a reliable news article?

Lt. Robert Kegler of the Horry County Police Department told FoxNews.com that "several people" are being interviewed in connection with the disappearance. "Some are cooperative, some are not," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/0...lina-woman-issues-urgent-plea-for-her-return/

seems that alot of her coworkers/friends were not in town then. Most I think are college students and had gone home for winter break. I still think that she knew the person and that she went to the landing to meet the person. maybe someone she has been seeing that was upset that she was moving on and had gone on a date? Girls talk to each other, so I would think that if there was someone she had been seeing who may have been upset with her, the police would know by now from interviewing her friends/room mate, and maybe that is who is not cooperating.

I took her father's comment to mean she hangs out sometimes "by the water" but wouldn't go do that so late at night regardless of what dock or landing it was. I'd assume there were closer and nicer locations for her to choose from. Link to her father saying it was PTL specifically she was known to go to?

On Nancy Grace it was stated by Rita that; on the 19th a cop saw her car abandoned about 10 miles away at a spot she used to hang out and that's when they realized she was missing.
Then in the broadcast I watched, it abruptly cut to commercial at
:21 into the broadcast as Terry Elvis was talking.
My broadcast then continued, after commercials, at :24 beginning with a recap and then with a recording of her sister talking. I didn't see anything on NG about the dad saying anything about the landing but at :21 it did weirdly cut to commercial so maybe it was around then that people got that info from the dad??

Okay here's another source where Terry talks about it:

http://huff.to/1lLe7RY

"The first and only known break in the case came on Dec. 19, 2013, when Elvis's dark green 2001 Dodge Intrepid was found parked at Peachtree boat landing. The location is about an eight-minute drive from the missing woman's parents' house.

"It's in Socastee, on the outskirts of Myrtle Beach," Terry Elvis said. "It's known to the entire family."

He added, "She liked to go to the water now and then, but not at that hour of the night.""

ETA huffpost source

What could have been so compelling to go out again that night...that is what I cannot figure out.

Well...to me, not very. They also muck up details of these cases too and throw people into a tizzy if they have not been closely following. JMO

I agree I was just putting it out there that another source was saying the same thing.

What could have been so compelling to go out again that night...that is what I cannot figure out.

It might not have been that compelling. It might have been something as simple as, "OMG, I'm starving and there's nothing in the house to eat." By then it had been at least a couple of hours since dinner, maybe more.

I recall being young and working second shifts - it wouldn't be rare for me to be awake until 3-4 in the morning, and late night fast food trips were always easy if I was hungry. If she did run out for something, I wouldn't see that as anything suspicious. JMO

It could have been something as simple as a call from someone saying hey girl just got off work come hang with us/me. She was probably used to late hours and didn't think twice about the time.
Maybe for you or I, the house would have to be on fire to leave at that hour but it sounds like for her it may have been normal.

ok a lady is saying that her son saw a young lady mouth 'help me' at a well to do gated community 10 miles from PTL (FHEFB) and her car was 10 miles from where HE hung out.................(NG)......????????

I owned a home in that neighborhood up until June of last year. Cars can NOT randomly come in and out of the neighborhood. Guests have to have passes called in, when they arrive at the guard gate they're issued a pass. As the guest drives in the guard gets the license tag. ONLY homeowners are allowed in and guests with passes because they want to know who is coming and going. There are very few rentals in the neighborhood.
Also, I accidentally dialed 911 on my work fax line, 2 Georgetown County Sherriff's deputies showed up at my door within minutes and the guard gate was calling me to make sure everything was ok. At night there are two security vehicles driving around, and 1 stationed at the gate.
I found that whole scenario described on FHE hard to believe. JMHO

There are also cameras at the guard gate.

It kind of seemed she had been heartbroken recently...wonder if she would go out to meet that person?

Thank you. I'm not convinced much homework was done at all prior to this airing on NG. The whole thing seemed rushed and scattered. I was hoping the roommate would be on NG to talk about her phone call.

Does South Carolina have drive-through package stores?

Are there any drive thru's open that late down there.

Mcdonalds Is open 24 hours and Wendy's stays open pretty late...
I am new on here, I've been trying to stay caught up on most of the information as best as possible. One thing I would like to add is the possibility of someone following her home... I have had this happen to me MULTIPLE times in Myrtle Beach. Because of this I try to avoid gas stations after dark and especially Walmart. This past summer I was driving down my road and as I passed by the corner gas station a car followed me home. I didn't think anything of it until the car backed into a corner accross from me and just sat there in their vehicle. I locked my doors and remained in my car for almost 20 min. and they finally drove off. It happens too often and you always have to be on the look out and aware of your surroundings.

I've said it before on these threads, and I'm saying it again after Nancy Grace's segment (I'm on the WC, we see it later, clearly) and I stand by my original posts. This is a sad, terrible, case where the person/s responsible for Heather's disappearance (and IMO death) are those close to her. Reinforced by what I saw tonight.*

I also want to say I feel terribly sorry for her date that night, who - as far as I know - is completely innocent and must be feeling horrible survivor guilt.

I also feel bad for all Heather's friends and co-workers who are looking at each other and thinking "is it you?" I know that it is an impossible position to be in, but they are living it. I'm sure they all have suspicions, but what can they do?

I know I'm not contributing anything useful, but my heart goes out to all those young women and men who are caught up in this who are not guilty and who must be scared for themselves, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck