SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Myrtle Beach area.

Lots. There's a lot of night life down here. There's clubs and bars and restaurants. There are also police and security officers. Many stores are open 24hrs, as are some fast food places. Plus there's construction (especially now since it's not tourist season.)

Ronald McNair Dr.

On this one the video recorder cut off and I had no idea of when until I got home. I thought it did it near the end, I was wrong. It missed a WHOLE big bit of me showing the woods, which are HUGE and dark and dense. and showing how close it actually is to Tidewater and where the remains were found. (I could see the staging and the building from Video 1 while driving, and the cars in the field from Video 1 were actually on empty road area off of this road.) I saw people there getting on horses and going into the woods searching. Maybe the other Ashley can get some vid of that road tomorrow?

People who work at bars or restaurants.

LE, security, road workers? criminals,

37 members & 44 guests! WOW- I sure hope some of those guests will get registered & hop on into the conversation. Bet some of them may be able to help out with some great ideas!

LE, security, road workers? criminals,

Just thinking she could have been meeting someone that was drunk coming home from the bars that she picked up from the boat landing because they shouldn't have been driving.

Screen shot it in case it is deleted.

Welcome Beachnative :) Great first post! Short, sweet, and spot on! (compared to my last post which was not so short or sweet :floorlaugh:)

:welcome:

Absolutely, screenshot / copy and paste it all.

Just thinking she could have been meeting someone that was drunk coming home from the bars that she picked up from the boat landing because they shouldn't have been driving.

Now there's a thought. That might have gotten her out of the condo.

For reference, here is the area JD is referring to:

2czvsw6.jpg

This next one may be difficult to read:

zjb5tw.jpg

This view shows PTL (top left) on Waccamaw River, HE's residence (far right), along with the area the remains were found, as well as the location of the vehicular homicide (suspects never caught) that occurred the day before HE went missing. In the center is the area JD mentioned, the woods off Folly Rd. There is a boat ramp there (visible in first view) called Hague Marina/Landing. There is also an old cemetery in the woods somewhere.

I have no problem with you disagreeing.

First off:

If the perp comes out at Peachtree and goes left they have to drive by a convenience store that's open 24 hrs and has security cameras.

If the perp comes out at Peachtree and goes right, they would have to go by another convenience store with security cameras, plus a busy intersection with a Dunkin Donuts (with security cameras).

But the main reason I posted this is because I live in that area, and have been all over Forestbrook, Peachtree, Socastee, and Waccamaw for the last 25 years.

Forestbrook is an extremely busy route, especially when you consider the small bars open late over off 707, and the lack of roadblock history on Forestbrook Rd....lots of traffic heading the "back way" into MB from bar-goers late at night.

And that's not even getting into the Hunters Ridge development that has over 1500 homes in it. There is significant traffic over that way, no matter what time of day or night it is.

31 dumps off near 501, which is busy 24/7. You have several Bingo parlors over there open all hours of the night on certain nights.

The only desolate area would be 31 dumping off onto 544. That area is fairly desolate pretty much all the time.

Forestbrook Rd can be very quiet at that time of night/morning. I used to travel Hwy 31 late at night for work and it is VERY desolate, with more places to get off than Hwy 501. Forestbrook Rd to Burcale Rd leads right to HE's condo and is very deserted in the middle of the night.

Also, you're overlooking taking a left a few hundred feet out of Peachtree Landing and taking a left onto Mill Pond Rd to Hwy 814, which comes out a few miles up Hwy 544, in a stretch less crowded with businesses. There are lots of areas around here where one could travel unnoticed.

I'm not going back and quote, the thread moves so fast for me that I can't keep up.
Re: the kilt in the gross photo is probably just a costume. From what I can see the TK girls wear red plaid.
AB's webpage suggests she worked at Overtime, this according to a comment on it about her schedule there.
Just rumor of course, but thought you might want to consider, as those may not in fact, be connections to HE

http://www.overtimesportscafe.com/

http://www.overtimesportscafe.com/location

In the few days I've been waiting on my account to be activated, I've had time to read all the posts on each thread. I'd like to add a few things regarding the area of Heather's condo...It is not a nice, safe area. These condos were built years ago to attract golfers, sold individually. The units either house full time residents (owner) or leased directly by the owner(s) or signed over to a vacation rental company in some cases. The bars in close proximity, Magoo's, Ron Jon's, and the Boathouse...I wouldn't go in there alone. Yes there might be a mixed crowd, but there's also this underlying seedy, rough type of patron that Myrtle Beach as a whole seems to attract. I'm curious if the police could request charge slips from these places to track who might have been leaving one of the bars around the time Heather would have been coming/going from her condo the night she vanished?

In the few days I've been waiting on my account to be activated, I've had time to read all the posts on each thread. I'd like to add a few things regarding the area of Heather's condo...It is not a nice, safe area. These condos were built years ago to attract golfers, sold individually. The units either house full time residents (owner) or leased directly by the owner(s) or signed over to a vacation rental company in some cases. The bars in close proximity, Magoo's, Ron Jon's, and the Boathouse...I wouldn't go in there alone. Yes there might be a mixed crowd, but there's also this underlying seedy, rough type of patron that Myrtle Beach as a whole seems to attract. I'm curious if the police could request charge slips from these places to track who might have been leaving one of the bars around the time Heather would have been coming/going from her condo the night she vanished?

Yes, police can and should have obtained receipts from the bar. I have seen that lots of times on Forensic files, etc. lol...

I am curious what else, if anything her phone records showed. She seems to have left her apartment for some reason. Her age group does nothing without reaching out on SM or texting first. If nothing on phone, then it seems to me she may have just up and left her apartment voluntarily. She seemed very conflicted, even possibly depressed to me, just from her social media. Not an accurate diagnosis of course, but a reflection, at least, of a possible crisis. JMO

May be sending a sign:
Note the Detour & one way Arrow street signs on the back wall and a map of the Waccamaw River above them in the 1st photo.

Ok, Foxfire just officially creeped me out.

Earlier tonight, I went to the Myrtle Beach Police Dept. website to see if they had Heather's information . I was shocked..Heather is not listed under their missing person link..a search of their site for Heather brings no results.

I understand Horry County has jurisdiction , but I thought with the news reporting Heather as missing from MB , that her flyer would be on the MB police website. When I think of Myrtle Beach, even having lived there for years.. I don't think of city limits and jurisdiction..to me Myrtle Beach stretches from North Myrtle Beach to the old Airforce base.. and from the ocean to Coastal Carolina.
I tried sending a message to the MB Police site through their contact link but got an error message so I sent a message on the Find Heather page.. hopefully someone from there can get the MB police to add Heather's info to their site

Side note: Do you oldies (as in been on WS a long time) think there'd be this much rampant speculation and rumor if the LE released more info??

Snipped.

I think it would be more productive speculation.

Hey Ima! I know you're around because I saw things go buh bye! Thanks :)

If he is talking about to the right of folly rd, that would not be peachtree rd. The right of folly rd would be towards Hague marina and is on the intercoastal waterway. There is a dirt road almost to the end to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735