SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping from Thread #3/Post #345 & Thread #5/Post #1109.

###

O/T: Getting slightly frustrated that a lot of items have already been discussed here in previous threads. I realize it's hard to keep up with all of the posting activity, but you really have to read from day one to absorb all of the information and to get a full feel of what we know collectively. Without any new info or sleuths from existing facts, theories, or ideas, then – we are simply spinning our wheels IMO.:banghead:

Agreed its hard to just jump in without reading

Agreed its hard to just jump in without reading

But you want people to, don't you? They could be helpful. At this point, no one is going to go back and read 200 pages of posts just to avoid ruffling feathers about repeated content. That's a ridiculous expectation.

###

O/T: Getting slightly frustrated that a lot of items have already been discussed here in previous threads. I realize it's hard to keep up with all of the posting activity, but you really have to read from day one to absorb all of the information and to get a full feel of what we know collectively. Without any new info or sleuths from existing facts, theories, or ideas, then – we are simply spinning our wheels IMO.:banghead:

I appreciate your frustration, and in an ideal world everyone would have time to read from the beginning, but some of us do not. Still, some like myself who are mothers feel drawn to the case, and hope to make a contribution that might help find this young girl for her sake, and that of her family and friends. We stop doing what we're doing to read the latest posts, but don't have time to read from the beginning. Please have patience. I would hate for someone with a helpful comment that might just solve the case to feel they might be restating old news.

....and speaking of new information. It appears that the redacted police report mentions a surveillance video regarding a business with a drive thru.

I know these videos are in black & white, but now I wonder if LE has a better idea of what HE was wearing. Of course, if she is sitting a car at an automatic bank teller there may not be a way to tell. But if it is a video of her walking to her car in the background of a video I would think there is a better chance of knowing now.

Who knows maybe it is one more bit of info to jog someone's memory.

But you want people to, don't you? They could be helpful. At this point, no one is going to go back and read 200 pages of posts just to avoid ruffling feathers about repeated content. That's a ridiculous expectation.

I was just agreeing with the frustration part.

Also, revisiting old content can shed new light on something we might have misunderstood or overlooked, especially as new pieces come to light.

....and speaking of new information. It appears that the redacted police report mentions a surveillance video regarding a business with a drive thru.

I know these videos are in black & white, but now I wonder if LE has a better idea of what HE was wearing. Of course, if she is sitting a car at an automatic bank teller there may not be a way to tell. But if it is a video of her walking to her car in the background of a video I would think there is a better chance of knowing now.

Who knows maybe it is one more bit of info to jog someone's memory.
I thought I read a quote by either Chief of Police or Terry Elvis (most likely C of P) that nothing useful has come from reviewing video so far.

###

You have the option of scrolling past anything that you don't wish to read.

Related to the fall on the stairs: are the workplace accident reports a matter of public record? If so, where would one go to look?

I was just wondering if that could be the cause of her bills? Someone had said that if she actually failed the test,the company wouldn't pay the bill.

The twitter post about the medical bills is from march 2013, fall down stairs was August 2013-sorry if this was already addressed just catching up.

https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldnt you need a truck or something with a hitch to haul the boat to the landing. I would think that would narrow the suspect field down.

what's the story about the trailer without tail lights? Why was that mentioned early on?

I understand everyone is enthusiastic about social media and the content provided. SM is an exciting, fast paced method of communication; a way to feel connected to the world and to each other.

It's also a great idea to remember, these companies are making millions of dollars off your thoughts, ideas.. basically your life. The more hits, followers and likes the more $$$$$ for these SM companies.

IMO. I don't give much credence to SM. My friends/family will post one thing, then turn to me and tell me how much they can't stand what they just "liked" on SM. Another problem (for me). Going over my friend's house and watching my friends spend all day on SM, while their kids begged for quality parent time.

I'm glad NG didn't dive into HE's social media, because, imo, I don't think it's as important as concrete facts. All moo.

Since I grew up on a harbor, I know that sound carries a good distance over the water. May be someone near the landing or people with homes on the river heard a outboard in the early morning hours of Dec.18th.

Wouldnt you need a truck or something with a hitch to haul the boat to the landing. I would think that would narrow the suspect field down.

Only if a boat was used. Which we have no idea.

I understand everyone is enthusiastic about social media and the content provided. SM is an exciting, fast paced method of communication; a way to feel connected to the world and to each other.

It's also a great idea to remember, these companies are making millions of dollars off your thoughts, ideas.. basically your life. The more hits, followers and likes the more $$$$$ for these SM companies.

IMO. I don't give much credence to SM. My friends/family will post one thing, then turn to me and tell me how much they can't stand what they just "liked" on SM. Another problem (for me). Going over my friend's house and watching my friends spend all day on SM, while their kids begged for quality parent time.

I'm glad NG didn't dive into HE's social media, because, imo, I don't think it's as important as concrete facts. All moo.

I agree to some extent in that someone can portray themselves to be whoever they want to be on SM and that portrayal may or may not match up to the person in real life.
But I also think SM does contain facts as well especially when pictures are linked.

I believe that facts are important in this case and I also think who HE portrayed herself to be (whether or not it matches who she truly was) is also important because people around her read her posts and that matters
and could shed a glimpse into who may or may not have had something to do with this.
All things must be considered in looking for this girl.
Her SM paints a very different picture than her parents give. And that is okay--she is a 20 year old girl.
But to simply consider one or the other is a mistake in my opinion. You cannot get the entire picture by only viewing a part of her life. As stated SM is huge and a very big part of young people's lives so to not give much credence to it would be to miss a big piece of the puzzle. IMO
If nothing else SM definitely gives us a glimpse of the persons state of mind at the time of a post. Whether it's a statement or a song lyric or a future plan it tells you where their focus is. I also realize that focus could change in the next minute.
All just my thoughts.

HE mentioned nerve damage pain on her Twitter account. I could be wrong, but I also got the impression she was accusing someone of pushing her down the stairs. I don't know how that might affect who was responsible for her medical bills.

Are you referring to her March 30th post about nerve damage?
I took that as a joke. There were jokes in succession, and this tweet followed the other jokes.
The joke is in reference to you know what really hurts my feelings? And the punch line is Nerve Damage.
Because if you have nerve damage, then you can't feel. (or it hurts to feel.)
All my opinion, of course.

https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members