SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love everyone's opinions on why you think this is a case of foul play or abduction? IMO - all signs point to her leaving willingly- somewhere, with someone she knew. She went to her familiar place after being home already and then decides to park her car- lock it and carries her belongings with her. No signs of struggle released- the father driving her car home immediately (car wasn't even considered part of a crime scene) .. With all her SM posts about leaving and her emotional roller coaster I feel as if she wanted to disappear. This is just MHO but it doesn't fit into the typical abduction profile.

I want to believe this... but, sending a message to your Dad the evening you "plan" disappear? Just before Christmas? No activity on phone... bank account.... not likely, I believe she would have contacted someone by now if it were on her own accord and I don't think she would have trhe heart to see her Dad suffering and not contact him or her family. JMO tho:)

I would love everyone's opinions on why you think this is a case of foul play or abduction? IMO - all signs point to her leaving willingly- somewhere, with someone she knew. She went to her familiar place after being home already and then decides to park her car- lock it and carries her belongings with her. No signs of struggle released- the father driving her car home immediately (car wasn't even considered part of a crime scene) .. With all her SM posts about leaving and her emotional roller coaster I feel as if she wanted to disappear. This is just MHO but it doesn't fit into the typical abduction profile.

She did seem happy in the photo she sent her dad. Not at all like someone who was planning on running away that evening.

IMO, LE doesn't really follow up too much on people they presume left willingly. I would doubt CUE would expend such valuable and limited resources if they believed this either, and they have a heck of a lot of experience in this. From what I've known, it is difficult for a parent to get this kind of assistance, in so many cases, because it is so often the case that a person of this age might take off willingly. The fact that everyone is putting so much into this convinces me there is something to it.

I would hope HE could never put her family through this willingly. :-( I know kids can be very shellfish but that would be horrible.

Still praying for her safe return :please:

I think she went willingly for some reason in her private life. I'm not sure I think she's staying away willingly.

I can see that side for sure. It's like my fiancé who took his life- a day after making plans with his son to go on the boat for his birthday. Fresh groceries in the kitchen. New toiletries bought. And just dead in my garage. I feel it's a similar situation- people can "front" their happiness but on a deeper level feel the need to get away. They get restless. Sure- all stars aligned- new job, new boyfriend... But IMO there seems to be a hidden life she had. Everything appears like a normal 20 year-old but deep secrets, IMO. Just too coincidental she parks at that time in the morning at her favorite spot and disappears into thin air. I feel like she willingly left with someone. Too coincidental for her to go out at that time and get kidnapped with no signs of it (or at least none reported). And then her car getting driven home. Why was it just released so quickly to her father?

Also, her relationship with her father seemed to be very close, for a girl of her age. There was no texting back when I was her age, but I was living on my own, and kept up (somewhat) with my mother, but not so much with my father. I can't imagine I would have been texting him at that age. Can't see her wanting to hurt him. And, she was texting him about driving the stick, and he had said he would give her one of his trucks if she learned. So, why would she have texted him that if it wasn't going to the idea of her getting the truck in the future?

Lack of a struggle can point to someone that left willingly. BUT just because there no signs found doesn't mean there wasn't foul play or abduction. In the Katelyn Markham case in Ohio, there were no signs of foul play in her apartment and her car was still parked there. Only item missing was her cell phone which was turned off around midnight. Her body was found 4 months later in Indiana. Just north of here we had the Morgan Harrington case. No signs of a struggle, but her cell phone was off at one point, too. (The phone was later found with the battery removed.)

That her phone would go off suddenly after a phone conversation/text that LE will not discuss is not good. HE's mother in the NG interview stated that LE has gone through large volumes of surveillance video and yet the police report points to one instance of a surveillance video (with details redacted). If LE has gone through a great deal of video, why single that one out in the report?

I hope she is alive somewhere, but it isn't looking good.

I can see that side for sure. It's like my fiancé who took his life- a day after making plans with his son to go on the boat for his birthday. Fresh groceries in the kitchen. New toiletries bought. And just dead in my garage. I feel it's a similar situation- people can "front" their happiness but on a deeper level feel the need to get away. They get restless. Sure- all stars aligned- new job, new boyfriend... But IMO there seems to be a hidden life she had. Everything appears like a normal 20 year-old but deep secrets, IMO. Just too coincidental she parks at that time in the morning at her favorite spot and disappears into thin air. I feel like she willingly left with someone. Too coincidental for her to go out at that time and get kidnapped with no signs of it (or at least none reported). And then her car getting driven home. Why was it just released so quickly to her father?

Most likely the police called because the car was abandoned there and the police will follow up on cars abandoned beside the road...at landings and at public beach access... I am not convinced that she parked her car there herself. I hear what your saying tho and since so many questions remain unanswered anything is possible.

Sorry about your Fiance:(

<snipped by me> I am not saying any of this to be rude, by the way. It is just a facial type that some of us have to exist with and I always heard that ultimately it works out because chubbier cheeks=looking younger when we get older :p

I so understand. I suffer from CBF.

Ok...I understand....and agree...maybe not delete adjust retake delete adjust retake..... but maybe just not send....save to send later....maybe take one yourself....

ALSO...in your opinion....would you willingly place your own phone in a first date's hand at all?....

Had to go back to check the video of GMA to be sure but yup, I remembered right. HE's phone was in her lap in the picture (Pink, Sparkly Case) so must be her date took it with his phone.

Let's pretend Heather walks in this room and sees what is being written. Will she feel that it was helpful to locating her?

Just be mindful of that as we share information. Discussing what she looks like and changes in appearance for identification purposes are important, but don't elaborate more than we need. :kimsterwink:

Thanks K! Same goes for any suggestions of unsavory habits. Everyone I have talked to who has known Heather for a significant amount of time has described her as being very sweet, and very young.

I participated in the CUE ground search today and I am pooped; we covered a lot of ground!

Thanks for being so awesome! I was very glad to see the storms held out as long as they did! That wind was pretty wicked though.

a verified insider (creek ratz?) already confirmed it was a hat in the dashboard.

Call me a cynic, don't care, but without knowing more about a VI's "area of expertise" I'm not gonna take every utterance they make as gospel. Now if LadyHawkke came on and said it was and that she knew it because it was Heather's then sure. But I find it hard to believe anyone would know for sure it was a hat unless they a) knew Heather and saw her wear it or b) knew the date and saw him wear it.

ETA: That said, I do think it is a hat. I thought that after about the 6th view.

There was a post on the police dept. Fb <the rest snipped by me b/c it's rumor>

THAT is rumor and not allowed to be discussed. Ya'll, they're gonna keep closing the threads if people keep discussing rumors from FB and sleuthing people who aren't Heather. :(

Here's why I think: Because of her phone. The pure fact her phone is dead and no one is hearing from her. I know someone who worked with her and he said they had to ban her from even bringing her phone in because she wouldn't stay off it. Plus with it being national news now, she'd have called someone she trusted to tell them she was safe. OR done what Jaime Cross did and called HCPD herself and told them she was safe but didn't wanna be found.

I think she went willingly for some reason in her private life. I'm not sure I think she's staying away willingly.

I 100% agree.

And then her car getting driven home. Why was it just released so quickly to her father?

Snipped for size. For one thing, the car is in her father's name. For another, at that point it wasn't known that anything had happened to make her missing.

If she wanted to leave on her own, she wouldn't have had to drive to PTL and leave her car. She would have just left from her apartment with whoever she was leaving with that came to pick her up. Nothing about this says to me that she just up and decided to leave town.

Lack of a struggle can point to someone that left willingly. BUT just because there no signs found doesn't mean there wasn't foul play or abduction. In the Katelyn Markham case in Ohio, there were no signs of foul play in her apartment and her car was still parked there. Only item missing was her cell phone which was turned off around midnight. Her body was found 4 months later in Indiana. Just north of here we had the Morgan Harrington case. No signs of a struggle, but her cell phone was off at one point, too. (The phone was later found with the battery removed.)

That her phone would go off suddenly after a phone conversation/text that LE will not discuss is not good. HE's mother in the NG interview stated that LE has gone through large volumes of surveillance video and yet the police report points to one instance of a surveillance video (with details redacted). If LE has gone through a great deal of video, why single that one out in the report?

I hope she is alive somewhere, but it isn't looking good.

I also think she left to PTL willingly but all the evidence of foul play, signs of struggle, blood (if any), anything forensics is somewhere else miles away from PTL with no sign or trail to its location... After she got out of her car and got into someone else's, that is when the trail got cut. God only knows where she was taken to and how it came about that she was to stay against her will. I don't believe LE has any information significantly different to what we here at WS have, otherwise there wouldn't be this much silence and plea for public tips from LE and the victims family. I HATE to be the bearer of blunt unbiased opinion but in all honesty I feel like after all the fb shares, likes and national coverage if someone knew something or saw something that could lead to a conclusion to this terrible case, they would have stepped forward by now, or they never will.

I want to believe this... but, sending a message to your Dad the evening you "plan" disappear? Just before Christmas? No activity on phone... bank account.... not likely, I believe she would have contacted someone by now if it were on her own accord and I don't think she would have trhe heart to see her Dad suffering and not contact him or her family. JMO tho:)

Yeah, that's why I lean toward her not staying away willingly. I think she either intended to be home in a couple of days (in time for work Friday?) or to call from wherever she went to.

Also wanted to add- if indeed she was abducted and some of you think her car was left there or placed there by someone else- it seems so coincidental that her car ended up at her favorite place... IMO
Also call me honest; but getting picked up at her house would be too risky if she wanted to go somewhere secretly. People would have seen that more than a girl driving her car from her place. JMO

Also wanted to add- if indeed she was abducted and some of you think her car was left there or placed there by someone else- it seems so coincidental that her car ended up at her favorite place... IMO

"Her favorite place"? Who ever said that? I know that her parents house is very close to PTL. That could be a reason for her familiarity with PTL.

Oh no! What an awful thing to go through. I'm so sorry.

When Tiffany Tehan disappeared, she left her car in a park, with door ajar, so it was assumed she was car-jacked...but she had left her husband and baby to be with another man. So, it does happen.

This is why I believe that if the car was planted there, it was a local person. If she did frequent the landing, then the person may have seen her there in the past. Not necessarily someone she knew.

<snip>

Thanks K! Same goes for any suggestions of unsavory habits. Everyone I have talked to who has known Heather for a significant amount of time has described her as being very sweet, and very young.

<snip>

I would respectfully argue that one could both be sweet, young, and have some unsavory habits.

It's black and white thinking that is making this case impossible to get a good look at.

I have no doubt she was sweet, she was 20, and her own words and pictures have given us a glimpse that maybe she had certain habits.

To say "unsavory" is to label her.

Some may agree with her choice of habits some may not.
I'm not going to put a label on it.

My point is she can be all these things, they aren't exclusive of one another. She can be all these things and that's okay.
She is still a beautiful girl worth saving.

It's hard enough to sleuth this case. We can't talk about friends or family (even though the majority of missing persons cases are committed by someone known to the victim)
we can't talk about RSOs, but we can talk about MSM reports even though they regularly provide conflicting details, and we can talk about Heather.

For the most part everyone here is very respectful of Heather and corrections are made when someone goes astray but to view her life as all sunshine and no rain is to only look at half of who she was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would respectfully argue that one could both be sweet, young, and have some unsavory habits.

It's black and white thinking that is making this case impossible to get a good look at.

I have no doubt she was sweet, she was 20, and her own words and pictures have given us a glimpse that maybe she had certain habits.

To say "unsavory" is to label her.

Some may agree with her choice of habits some may not.
I'm not going to put a label on it.

My point is she can be all these things, they aren't exclusive of one another. She can be all these things and that's okay.
She is still a beautiful girl worth saving.

It's hard enough to sleuth this case. We can't talk about friends or family (even though the majority of missing persons cases are committed by someone known to the victim)
we can't talk about RSOs, but we can talk about MSM reports even though they regularly provide conflicting details, and we can talk about Heather.

For the most part everyone here is very respectful of Heather and corrections are made when someone goes astray but to view her life as all sunshine and no rain is to only look at half of who she was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is true. However some can be taking it too far. Like saying clearly since she went to PTL at night it had to have been a drug deal. Sure we know she smoked from her SM but making such an assumption is... I don't even know the word I'm looking for. And some of her known habits or work stuff getting pumped up to a seedy level. Imagine if she is being held somewhere against her will, even if she's not abused and she comes back to see people basically calling her horrible things I won't repeat. Thats awful and traumatizing and I tell each and every one of you right now... the stuff being said on here is NICE compared to what's being gossiped about in the community. I hope she is alive but I also hope they have one heck of a counselor ready. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member