Found Deceased SC - Jerell White, 22, Lancaster, 4 July 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That video does not look like he fell to me. It looks like he got hit hard. Like shot. I don't see anyone moving before or after he is "hit" and it comes from the back. The blurs are bugs, more than.likely. I have a doorbell camera and that's what they look like all the time. They like to come by the infrared light things. This poor guy.... something happened enough that he left his phone and broke his glasses. If the pond is close, maybe he went to clean up or hide and died there. But he Def seemed shot, to me. He even got up and fell again, like he was injured but needed to escape. There was no urgency before the hit.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

It might be because I have an older laptop but I can't see anyone else in the video. Could it just be that he was drunk and without his glasses had a hard time navigating the fence and fell off it. I know when I am not wearing my glasses I am practically blind and lose all depth perception.

It might be because I have an older laptop but I can't see anyone else in the video. Could it just be that he was drunk and without his glasses had a hard time navigating the fence and fell off it. I know when I am not wearing my glasses I am practically blind and lose all depth perception.
I don't see anyone else either. I think they were further back on the right- out of camera range. That also could mean they knew about this camera

I know we don't yet have the story of what all happened that night but I keep thinking of the why? In my head I think perhaps a girl? Jerell is a handsome young man and in college. No matter the why it was not worth his life. : (

Sad to read a post above that
the family found him. 💔

That video does not look like he fell to me. It looks like he got hit hard. Like shot. I don't see anyone moving before or after he is "hit" and it comes from the back. The blurs are bugs, more than.likely. I have a doorbell camera and that's what they look like all the time. They like to come by the infrared light things. This poor guy.... something happened enough that he left his phone and broke his glasses. If the pond is close, maybe he went to clean up or hide and died there. But he Def seemed shot, to me. He even got up and fell again, like he was injured but needed to escape. There was no urgency before the hit.

If he was on top of the fence and just wanted to hop down that could easily have changed if one of his feet got caught. His natural reaction would be to lunge forward instead of faceplanting with his foot stuck.

Family calls for calm

The White family held a 4:30 p.m. Saturday press conference at their church, The Master’s Next Dimension Church in Lancaster, pleading for calm. Jerell White had played drums and keyboards there.

Pastor Altheresa Goode-Howard said there had been social media threats against the owners of the property where White’s body was found. Some posts accused the owners, who are white, of obstructing the investigation out of racial motives. White was black.
“We’ve heard about some things that have been put on Facebook and all this talk that’s going around of retaliation to get folks together and go out and do things to this one or that one they think may be behind this,” Good-Howard said.

However, after talking with that family, Goode-Howard said she saw no racial issues. She called it a distraction that points everyone in the wrong direction.

“We don’t want anybody else to be hurt or anyone else’s lives to be threatened. That won’t help the situation,” she said.

Catina Duncan, the church’s assistant pastor, said the property owners let authorities search every building they had multiple times. The owners, she said, willingly gave authorities surveillance video that showed Jerell White crossing a pasture fence and heading off into the woods.

Lancaster News

If he was on top of the fence and just wanted to hop down that could easily have changed if one of his feet got caught. His natural reaction would be to lunge forward instead of faceplanting with his foot stuck.
My husband said the same thing. I am unsure after seeing him look back which hubby didn't see.

LANCASTER COUNTY, SC -An event held by a Lancaster church to impact young adults was planned more than a year ago, but coincidentally fell a week after a member of their congregation was found dead.

Jerell Ketron Eugene White, 22, of Lancaster went missing on July 5. White was last seen in the Primus Community of Lancaster around 1 a.m. hopping a fence. Three days later, White's body was found nearly 50 feet from where he was last seen.

An autopsy was performed July 6, but the results are not expected to be released for another two weeks. According to Altheresa Goode Howard, who is White’s Pastor, there were no gunshot wounds or stab wounds found on his body. However, many of White's family members believe his death was not an accident

Lancaster Co church pays tribute to congregation member who was found dead in pond

I just googled Jerell's name and no new news articles came up. The coroner said the autopsy could take a "few days" and it's been a few days. I'm just impatient because I'm anxious to see the results. Hopefully we'll see the results soon!

TIFWIW, but a coworker asked me to give him a ride home tonight and we got to talking about all the shootings and stuff that's been happening around Lancaster the last few weeks and mentioned how he had had a rough few weeks due to various reasons and then he said something about his son being really upset about his friend dying. He then said that his son's friend had drowned and then said JW's name. His son was actually at the party with JW and here is how he put it, "They are all friends but they got into a fight about a girl". I didn't want to ask him if it was his son specifically but he said the cops had questioned him. He said they left after the fight to go get a car to come back and pick up JW(I'm guessing one of the people in the car was someone he fought so they didn't want JW riding with them). When they got back, JW had left and the rest is history. All of this certainly matches up with the reports I've read and seen.

TIFWIW, but a coworker asked me to give him a ride home tonight and we got to talking about all the shootings and stuff that's been happening around Lancaster the last few weeks and mentioned how he had had a rough few weeks due to various reasons and then he said something about his son being really upset about his friend dying. He then said that his son's friend had drowned and then said JW's name. His son was actually at the party with JW and here is how he put it, "They are all friends but they got into a fight about a girl". I didn't want to ask him if it was his son specifically but he said the cops had questioned him. He said they left after the fight to go get a car to come back and pick up JW(I'm guessing one of the people in the car was someone he fought so they didn't want JW riding with them). When they got back, JW had left and the rest is history. All of this certainly matches up with the reports I've read and seen.
That was of you to give a coworker a ride home.
Thanks for sharing. I felt all along the fight would be over a girl.

Checking in for autopsy report?
Waiting.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

From the earlier posts in this case and the media report of family and church members threatening the land owner, where does this case involve the racism I see?

Hoping we get news today, or at least this week, on the autopsy report!

From the earlier posts in this case and the media report of family and church members threatening the land owner, where does this case involve the racism I see?
I really don't know. Perhaps the owner of tbe land was white and he went missing and found on their land? Possible a rumor started to reflect from the party?
All moo.
Hopefully it has been put to rest.

Popping in for updates..still nothing on autopsy?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Family of the deceased had a press conference the day after he was found and stressed that it had nothing to do with race. That all got started because there were pics the local paper posted of where he disappeared from and they had a confederate flag in the yard. Haven't heard anything from the autopsy yet.

Still no autopsy report that I can find. The coroner stated in one article (I'll find the article) it could take a "few days" and I'm sure he was generalizing the amount of time it would take, but it seems it's taking quite awhile longer. Maybe it's toxicology reports? IDK, but check often. moo

Still no autopsy report that I can find. The coroner stated in one article (I'll find the article) it could take a "few days" and I'm sure he was generalizing the amount of time it would take, but it seems it's taking quite awhile longer. Maybe it's toxicology reports? IDK, but check often. moo
Is the autopsy always released to the public?
I am remembering another case that was local to me and I never heard the cod.

The local paper in no way shape or form was involved in spreading rumors. I can assure you that The Lancaster News reported things correctly. I can also assure you that Channel 9 reported things accurately. But there are errors from the story "Family Wants Answers" done July 8, 2017 anchored by Kristi O'Connor. A formal request for retraction to that story to WBTV News in regards to the errors is posted on Greg Suskin's page, unless he has removed it. Breaking News of Lancaster County removed all posts or possibly just blocked certain individuals. The video was audio enabled, unedited and uncut. There was no gunshot. No one standing behind or near the trees. It is not a "path to the pond". He was not running for his life. He tripped himself up climbing over the fence because of the top strand of barb wire. Country life, country fences. The camera was not on the property of the party. Or anywhere in vicinity of it. And no, this is not a "bad area" as someone suggested. Admins-----I am just setting the record straight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2
Back