SC SC - Jessica Rapsys, 27, traveling to visit family, car found w/ keys, shoes & phone inside, Allendale, 13 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, of course this doesn't sound good.
The report above says her car keys were in her car & her phone was nearby. (What does "nearby" mean?)
Apparently her car was okay -- i.e., no wreck, etc. If she was out of gas (doubtful, imo) or if she had car trouble, she certainly would have called her aunt (if her aunt had a phone with her, which she probably did, imo). Or she could have called Triple-A or some other service, if she had coverage. Somehow I cannot see her going for help without her phone & keys, and very likely, she would have locked her car.
Was she forced into someone's car? Possibly. Hoping not.
So where does LE start? This may be a tuff one...
Hoping for good news soon.

Well, of course this doesn't sound good.
The report above says her car keys were in her car & her phone was nearby. (What does "nearby" mean?)
Apparently her car was okay -- i.e., no wreck, etc. If she was out of gas (doubtful, imo) or if she had car trouble, she certainly would have called her aunt (if her aunt had a phone with her, which she probably did, imo). Or she could have called Triple-A or some other service, if she had coverage. Somehow I cannot see her going for help without her phone & keys, and very likely, she would have locked her car.
Was she forced into someone's car? Possibly. Hoping not.
So where does LE start? This may be a tuff one...
Hoping for good news soon.
Hmmm. I saw that her shoes were also left behind but I’m not seeing in this post. I will need to look into.

The Allendale Police Department is requesting the public’s assistance in locating a 27-year-old female.

Jessica Rapsys was last seen on Tuesday, August 13th around 8:00 p.m. in Allendale, South Carolina.

It is believed that Jessica was traveling from Jacksonville, Florida to visit family and got lost en-route.

On August 14th, police found Jessica’s car with the keys still inside, her shoes and her cell phone.

If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Jessica Rapsys, please contact the Allendale Police Department at (803) 584-2178.

She was on her way to visit her aunt.

Her aunt was trying to meet her halfway, but Jessica never showed, according to the post.

Jessica Rapsys’ vehicle was found Tuesday, August 13th around 9:15 p.m.

Authorities say it was stuck across the railroad tracks that run through the community of Martin in northwestern Allendale County. It was still warm, but had been sitting for a while, according to Allendale County Sheriff, James Freeman.

Though no connection, this immediately made me think of Cieha Taylor’s case.

Authorities say it was stuck across the railroad tracks that run through the community of Martin in northwestern Allendale County. It was still warm, but had been sitting for a while, according to Allendale County Sheriff, James Freeman.

So her car was actually stuck on the tracks.
This doesn’t sound good at all.

This is odd. Where is she?
jmo

This is odd. Where is she?
jmo

Even the media accounts don’t all match up.
Most make it sound like she traveling from Florida and got lost. Other include that and that her aunt was supposed to meet her halfway and she called LE when she didn’t show. But where was the aunt meeting her? This is truly near nothing.
Another article had her staying at a place called Creek Plantation outside of Allendale with some friends and leaving to visit her aunt or something.
None of it makes sense right now.

I found her LinkedIn account. The picture looks a little more recent in my opinion than the missing photo but she hasn't changed much if any other than being a little older. From the LinkedIn "recommendations" it sounds like she has worked in the past as a nanny/household manager.

That’s really out in the middle of nowhere. Far from the beaten path.
There is only one railroad crossing in that area and the only thing nearby is the Martin District Volunteer Fire Department.

Red arrow…..RR crossing

View attachment 524781

Sheriff Freeman tells NewsChannel 6 that the tracks where Rapsys’s car was found were on private property on Creek Plantation.
Authorities say it was stuck across the railroad tracks that run through the community of Martin in northwestern Allendale County.

It was still warm, but had been sitting for a while
I read this quote too and am still trying to figure it out! Still warm… as in engine turned off not too long ago, then how would they also know it’s been sitting there a while??
I suppose this could allude to the car running out of gas after quite some time, but I’m still confused how they’d know how long it was there.
Any other thoughts on this?

I read this quote too and am still trying to figure it out! Still warm… as in engine turned off not too long ago, then how would they also know it’s been sitting there a while??
I suppose this could allude to the car running out of gas after quite some time, but I’m still confused how they’d know how long it was there.
Any other thoughts on this?
Anyone know how long a car stays warm?

Did she get stuck on the tracks and then someone offered her assistance and it went bad?

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee