SC SC - Joshua Scott Ivester 36, left home w/friend, last seen @diff house, Walhalla, 15 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
9 months and still no word on josh his little girl was born in August and his son turn 5 in November the reward has went up to 4,000
The comments section was so disrespectful. My heart broke for Joshua’s wife when I read his wife’s comment beneath all those ugly comments.

Thank you I just turn my head to the ugly comments I don't pay it any attention bc at the end of the day all that matters to me is finding josh

9 months and still no word on josh his little girl was born in August and his son turn 5 in November the reward has went up to 4,000

Thank you I just turn my head to the ugly comments I don't pay it any attention bc at the end of the day all that matters to me is finding josh

Praying that you get an answer soon.

Wasn't to easy it's been 9 months
It looks that way. Unfortunately this can mean several things. Maybe he willfully isn’t around other people, or is not able to be around others anymore (for example deceased by whatever means) or the people who he is with are loyal to him and wouldn’t tell on him.

Unless he's moved to another country there are no further court cases in his name since the one he served time for. The arrests go back 20 years but there is currently nothing active on him. https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Oconee/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx
I hope his wife gets some answers. Having a baby in a situation like this has to be so stressful.

FEB 22, 2022
Local artist paints portraits of missing people from Oconee County (msn.com)
Joey Withinarts hopes his paintings can help the families heal while bringing awareness about the unsolved missing persons cases in Oconee County.

“Every life matters, and if you keep going years and years without mentioning them, people will forget about them,” Withinarts said.

Withinarts presented the portraits to the families of Sheila Carver, Tammy Stubblefiled, Joshua Ivester, Laura Anders and Faith Roach.

FEB 24, 2022
SC Senator asks FBI, SLED to assist with 6 Oconee Co. missing persons cases (foxcarolina.com)
The families of six missing people in Oconee County are begging for help and have asked a South Carolina senator to step in.

Faith Roach, Joshua Ivester, Laura Anders, Tammy Stubblefield, Sheila Carver and Jimmy Whitfield are active unsolved cases.

Several of the families said they have reached out to Senator Lindsey Graham’s office.

[...]

“We have reached out previously for additional resources from the FBI but it didn’t meet their criteria. There’s no evidence of federal laws being violated. As far as SLED, SLED has been assisting us. I have an agent assigned to these cases,” Sheriff Crenshaw said.

The sheriff said SLED is still sifting through the case files.

“Hopefully within the next few weeks we should be getting some information back from them,” Crenshaw said.

Crime Stoppers encourages anyone with information about the cases featured below to submit a web tip.

Name:
Joshua Scott Ivester
Race:
Caucasian
DOB:
Unknown
Height:
5ft11in
Weight:
Hair:
Brown
Eyes:
Blue
Last Known Location: Rock Crusher Road, Walhalla SC
Missing Persons As Of: 02/15/2021

The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office is seeking to locate a Walhalla man today who was reportedly last seen Monday night in the Rock Crusher Road area near Walhalla.

36 year old Joshua Scott Ivester is a white male, 5’11”, 190 pounds, with blue eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a camouflage hoodie and a camouflage hat with brown boots and blue jean pants. Ivester has tattoos on his face. Ivester left a residence on Wagener Circle in Walhalla with a friend this past Monday afternoon and went to a residence in the area of Rock Crusher Road and Coffee Road, where he was last reportedly seen.

Investigators at this point in time are seeking to verify Ivester’s whereabouts and would like to hear from him personally or speak with someone who knows his location.

If you know the whereabouts of Joshua Scott Ivester, you are asked to call the Oconee County Sheriff’s Office at 864-638-4111.

MissingPersons-2025-20210430194532-Screenshot_20210221-225400ivester2.png

Sep 7, 2022 article:

[…]

A man who was named a person of interest in an Oconee County woman’s disappearance is now charged with murder and kidnapping in connection to a separate investigation.

Kevin Maler, who is currently behind bars serving time for a drug conviction, is charged in connection with the 2019 death of 32-year-old Kevin Craig.

[…]

Maler has been named a person of interest in the disappearance of Faith Roach in February 2019.

[…]

The sheriff also confirmed Maler was an acquaintance of Joshua Ivester, who went missing in February 2021.However, investigators have not confirmed a connection between Maler and Ivester’s disappearance.

[…]

The investigation into Roach’s disappearance is ongoing.

Last edited:

Details of Disappearance​

Ivester was last seen in Walhalla, South Carolina at 6:00 p.m. on February 15, 2021. He left his residence on Wagener Circle with a male acquaintance that afternoon and they walked to a residence in the vicinity of Rock Crusher Road and Coffee Road, and this was where he was last seen. He has never been heard from again.

Days after his disappearance, the camouflage-print hat and matching hooded sweatshirt he'd been wearing that day were found in a wooded area off Wolfers Hollow Road, near Rock Crusher Road. No other sign of him has been located in spite of extensive searches.

Ivester's wife stated the man her husband left with had been by their house two or three times before, but that Ivester and this man had never gone anywhere together before or spent much time together. The person has not been publicly named and it's clear whether he's a suspect in the case.

It's uncharacteristic of Ivester to leave without warning. He left behind a five-year-old son and two stepsons, and his wife was pregnant with a daughter.

His mother saw him the day he disappeared and said he showed her ultrasound images of his unborn child. She said he seemed happy about the baby (something his wife confirmed), but she sensed he was frightened about something and asked what was wrong. He told her he would tell her later. Later that day he went missing.

Ivester's disappearance may be connected to several others in the area, including that of Pamela "Faith" Roach, Laura Anders and Tammy Stubblefield, who all disappeared from the area in 2019.

There are some similarities in the cases, and they had some mutual friends and acquaintances. Investigators haven't decided whether the cases are connected, however. All remain unsolved.

I’d never heard of any of these cases until I saw the updates on CP. Something definitely seems amiss in South Carolina!

Still missing as of FEB 2, 2023

1679879789800.png

JUL 19, 2023
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office announced that the warrants from a 2019 death investigation were recently recalled by the 10th Circuit Solicitor’s Office.

Last year, Kevin Maler was charged with the 2019 death of Kevin Craig. At the time, deputies alleged that Maler injected or gave Craig an unknown substance that killed him and checked on him multiple times to ensure he was dead.

[...]

Maler was also named a person of interest in the 2019 disappearance of Faith Roach and was an acquaintance of Joshua Ivester, who went missing in February 2021.

[...]

AUG 11, 2023
Investigators continue to look at the ongoing investigations into Roach’s 2019 disappearance and the 2021 disappearance of Joshua Ivester.

JUN 25, 2024
[...]

Investigators with the coroner’s office and the Anderson Police Department responded around 7 a.m. Sunday and “were able to locate several more bones and items that will assist in the investigation,” according to the release.

“The skeletal remains appear to have been in the area for a long period of time and were scattered across a large area,” the release said. “The identity of the skeletal remains have not been identified and will require further investigation to include DNA analysis which could take several months and the assistance of an anthropologist.”

[...]

Oconee County Sheriff Mike Crenshaw told The Journal on Monday his office contacted Anderson officials over the weekend about the discovery. The sheriff’s office has multiple open cases involving people who have disappeared and may be presumed dead but have not been found:

• Pamela Faith Roach, missing since February 2019,
• Laura Ann Anders, missing since February 2019,
• Tammy Stubblefield, missing since February 2019 (Walhalla Police case),
• Joshua Scott Ivester, missing since February 2021,
• Jimmy Whitfield, missing since 1987, and
• Sheila Ann Carver, missing since 1998.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back