SC - Mallory Beach, 19, found deceased after boat crash, Beaufort Co, 24 Feb 2019 *Alex Murdaugh charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Funny, something similar happened to a friend of mine's family. Three dads and their teenage kids were out partying in a boat in the wee hours. Boat hit a bridge or something. One man driving intoxicated emerged unscathed, one guy had serious head injury, and the other died. Fortunately the kids were all okay (physically at least). These people have money. After the initial news of the accident there was nary a peep about any of it. I'm sure there were some very expensive lawyers involved.

Funny, something similar happened to a friend of mine's family. Three dads and their teenage kids were out partying in a boat in the wee hours. Boat hit a bridge or something. One man driving intoxicated emerged unscathed, one guy had serious head injury, and the other died. Fortunately the kids were all okay (physically at least). These people have money. After the initial news of the accident there was nary a peep about any of it. I'm sure there were some very expensive lawyers involved.

folks w money have a different set of rules.

wow, I recommend a read of the article @Gardenista posted. Prepare to be even more outraged. I can't even...

He was released on a $50,000 recognizance bond. Even though Murdaugh faces BUI charges, the state did not restrict him from drinking alcohol or driving a boat.

Read more here: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article233246647.html#storylink=cpy
is he still underage? legal drinking is 21
What are the Underage Drinking Laws in SC? | Coastal Law LLC | Myrtle Beach, SC | 843-488-5000

I just read through this thread. What a horrific case. These entitled privileged people with their money and connections seemingly will never ensure Mallory and her family receive justice. Nightmare.
All I can say is that I wish the Beach family solace, courage and determination.
Thank God my daughter is not involved with a young man coming from such a morally corrupt family.

wow
snipped from your link
ccording to depositions filed last week, the group of six attended an oyster roast on Paukie Island by boat on Feb. 23, 2019. It was cold and foggy.

Adults at the party asked them not to take the boat back because of foggy and misty weather conditions.

Some offered to drive them. But that didn’t happen, and the group left around midnight.

According to testimony, Paul was intoxicated at the party and insisted on driving his boat back.

Murdaugh’s cousin says he knew Murdaugh was drunk before leaving the party and offered to call an Uber for the group. But he says they wanted to ride back on the boat.

Some in the group also wanted to stop for one last drink which caused an argument with others who didn't.

While at a bar in downtown Beaufort, Murdaugh got into an argument. The group then left and Murdaugh insisted on driving his boat back.

A friend and a relative testified about Paul's intoxicated and erratic behavior moments before the crash.

Murdaugh’s cousin, Anthony Cook, says he then got into an altercation with his girlfriend aboard the boat. He slapped, yelled and cursed at her.
more at the link. Depositions released in Mallory Beach wrongful death lawsuit

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article246446960.html

Before a trial date is set, the judge must determine whether Hampton County or Beaufort County will host the proceedings and whether maritime law can be applied in the case. Federal maritime laws can take precedence over state laws covering a personal injury lawsuit when someone is injured or killed on a navigable body of water. Those laws can affect how victims are compensated.

This is so strange. JMO someone saw the upcoming trial as a distraction giving them an an opportunity to seek revenge on the Murdaugh family. Investigators have a lot of digging to do...you know that the Beach family were waiting for their day in court for answers and justice for their daughters death. They will never have them now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crankymomma
Back