Found Deceased SC - Mitchell Gibson, 27, Calhoun Falls, 12 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, at least they can have a service. But mercy, where is the boat?

Bump. Did they ever find his boat?

Bump. Did they ever find his boat?

The boat is still missing.

The lake is large, but not large enough (or remote enough) to lose a boat of that size, imo. It's not like it drifted into some cove somewhere and hasn't been seen. I'd be absolutely stunned if that boat was still in (on) the lake.

The boat is still missing.

The lake is large, but not large enough (or remote enough) to lose a boat of that size, imo. It's not like it drifted into some cove somewhere and hasn't been seen. I'd be absolutely stunned if that boat was still in (on) the lake.

Thanks. I wonder if it could be hidden on a 95 acre property in Woodruff, SC... Suspected SK there. Maybe he wanted Mitchell's boat?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...David-Carver-32-Anderson-31-Aug-2016-ARREST-2

A new article came out about Mitchell, including that his family are questioning the autopsy results.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/33...of-fallen-fisherman-questions-autopsy-results

And his boat still hasn't been found.

Quote from that link:
Family members still have questions even after their loved one’s body was found. They believe the notes from the autopsy, such as his foot not being attached when he was found, do not add up with what they are being told. The family is having investigators look further into the results.

BBM.
What? Was that previously released?

Not to my knowledge. The only articles I read said cause of death was drowning with no signs of trauma.

Wow. I have so many questions (not directed at you, ultraviolet, just in general).

I wonder if the media can get a copy of the autopsy report?

Was his foot found or is it missing?

Was the lake ever dragged after they found him?

What else was revealed in the autopsy?

Wow. I have so many questions (not directed at you, ultraviolet, just in general).

I wonder if the media can get a copy of the autopsy report?

Was his foot found or is it missing?

Was the lake ever dragged after they found him?

What else was revealed in the autopsy?

Same questions I have.

It wouldn't be possible to drag the lake. Maybe a couple of small sections, but beyond that, there are lots of covered forests that weren't clear cut before the lake was filled. As far as I heard, he was found on the last day of a private search. I'd be stunned if that area was re-searched by anyone else after his body was found.

I haven't been able to get that last image he took with his phone out of my mind. It's too bad it apparently didn't have a gps tag.

Since he was found with his foot not attached, I wonder if someone tied the anchor around his foot and tossed him in the lake? He would have drowned and then after so many months his body could have deteriorated to the point it detached and popped up to the surface. They need to find a way to drag the lake or send divers down to search. There may be evidence at the bottom of the lake on whatever he was weighted down with (if he was weighted down). :(

The family of a fisherman who was found seven months after he went missing is raising money for the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources to buy the equipment that found his body.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/family-of-fisherman-raising-money-for-new-scdnr-equipment/9116595

An oyster roast in Gibson's memory to benefit SCDNR will be held Saturday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at McConnell Hall, which is at 3502 Midway Road in Anderson.

This made me cry, and that doesn't happen much. After reading so many cases where a missing person's family barely notices when they go missing, I am touched that this family is going to this much trouble and expense to find not only Mitchell's boat, but to help others.

This is my County. Hope it is okay to share this information.
**NEW INFORMATION**READ FULLY-SHARE-HELP US-**NEW INFORMATION**NEW PICTURE**Mitchell was last seen March 12, 2016 heading toward Beer Creek Garden Landing on Lake Russell in Calhoun Falls, SC. The next morning a few personal items were found at one point UPSTREAM from the dam. We found his jacket with his cell phone, a 5 gallon gas jug, bait net, and a cast net bucket on March 13, 2016. Over 7 months later we recovered Mitchell's body downstream from these items. Therefore, I am waiting on an explanation of how items of different weights, and different sizes ended up in a cove UPSTREAM from the area where we recovered Mitchell. All of these items were found very close to one another, at the same point right near the shore. It has always bothered me that everything was upstream from where he was and I have always wanted someone to explain how that works in the law of science and how all of these items of a different weight floated that far upstream and all stayed together, but one thing I have never released is this picture. **July 9, 2016 was a day where the community stood behind us, strangers came together AGAIN to help us, to bless us and we did a land search with Volunteers. We found Mitchell's book bag at the same point we found all his other items, and I can understand us missing it originally in March, because it blended in with the rocks very well and we were obviously focusing mainly in the water because we were working off of the information that it was a boating accident. That being said, The family believes his book bag, along with all of his other items were "tossed" by someone out of Mitchell's boat for several reasons. Nothing of value was found in his book bag. EVERY pocket on his book bag was undone as if it had been gone through, but the number one thing about this book bag was this little tidbit.....Had it been in the water for all these months and later washed up, the items and labels would NOT have been still intact. The deodorant and the Cocoa Butter are water soluble items, therefore once the water came in contact with the items, they would have dissolved. The labels were still intact, the product inside the containers was still intact. Mitchell's deodorant and cocoa butter were both in his book bag and the labels had obviously not been in the water for months and just washed up, but they also hadn't been in the water even for a short amount of time because neither of these containers were sealed and had they been in the water both the deodorant and cocoa butter would have dissolved. This is just one of the many red flags that I have about my brothers case and I know someone knows something. I have had tips, I even have statements, but just missing a few small pieces and I am begging for your help. If you have heard something or know something or even think you know something, please help me get my family closure. What if this was your brother, your son, your friend. You may think you are protecting someone, being loyal, let me explain a small fact of life for you, do you realize that by protecting someone who committed a crime, you can serve the SAME amount of time, unless you become the one who tells the truth, and while you think you are protecting YOUR friend, where do you think we are getting names from? Rumors from? To the ones who are protecting and hiding information, your friends are saying you SET it up, you DID it, so once all is said and done, they are gonna walk away a hero and you WILL do the time because they SOLD you out...I am asking for anyone that knows anything to just tell someone, tell us the truth, let us find out what happened to Mitchell, because we won't stop and Law Enforcement knows more than you can ever imagine and we know more than you can ever imagine and once it is said and done...EVERYONE will know the truth.

Good evening everyone, I know this thread is an old thread, but I am hoping to get some help from many of you here. Mitchell was my baby brother. My goal in the next few weeks is to post some things on the thread to see if any new ideas/theories can be generated through you and this forum. We are at a point in the investigation that we cannot get ANY help from ANY law enforcement officials and a friend and I have complied a book of over 600 pages with information we have received, maps, etc...and hopefully some of you may be able to see something we have missed.
Hope to talk to you all very soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back