GUILTY SC - Myranda Southern, 31, Simpsonville, 19 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It looks like he is familiar with the SC court system, but the SC criminal records are vague. Search for Darrell E Raines in Greenville County and you will see various court dates. It looks like a lot of the charges have been dismissed. His birthday is 09/09/1979, since there are several Darrell Raines in the system. http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/casesearch/

I didn't check any other counties in SC.

I don't see him on the sex offender list for the state. http://www.communitynotification.com/cap_main.php?office=54575 Or on the national registry.

Searcy said Monday night, after Searcy reported her missing, a strange post was put up on Southern's facebook page. It was written as if it were Southern and said she was in Savannah visiting a friend, and just needed to get away because she was having a hard time.

"That's not how Myranda talks. So we knew instantly it was not her," said Searcy.
Searcy also said someone had logged on to Southern's Facebook page Thursday after the coroner identified Southern's body. Searcy said only Southern's estranged husband and Raines had her account information.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-new.../21623906/-/mcaf1s/-/index.html#ixzz2dQ9FYzkN

This is very sad news.

I googled his first and last name, and I found what seems to be the suspect on LinkedIn - “owner” of an IT related business. Interesting sidebar of “people who searched for DR also searched for"... one of those people have the last name Ocasio...Likey unrelated but ironic, Florida

Oh man... I really hoped that it wasn't her. And now, an arrest fast, I like that. I hope Shawn can see his children soon. They will need their dad.

Searcy said Monday night, after Searcy reported her missing, a strange post was put up on Southern's facebook page. It was written as if it were Southern and said she was in Savannah visiting a friend, and just needed to get away because she was having a hard time.

"That's not how Myranda talks. So we knew instantly it was not her," said Searcy.
Searcy also said someone had logged on to Southern's Facebook page Thursday after the coroner identified Southern's body. Searcy said only Southern's estranged husband and Raines had her account information.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-new.../21623906/-/mcaf1s/-/index.html#ixzz2dQ9FYzkN

why did he have her account info?? he was a virtual stranger.

I'm still not understanding why her husband showed up in FL to pick up the children before her mother knew she was missing. He says in one article that he has custody and is going to get them soon. I wondered if he had custody before this happened or if he got it after. She knew this from online, for one week, so I also wonder if she figured out he was not good and was trying to get away from him. I can see no reason he would have shot her! Maybe more will come out. My daughter's friend posted pics of Myranda and herself from a dance in high school and it was so cute. Made me so sad.

I'm still not understanding why her husband showed up in FL to pick up the children before her mother knew she was missing. He says in one article that he has custody and is going to get them soon. I wondered if he had custody before this happened or if he got it after. She knew this from online, for one week, so I also wonder if she figured out he was not good and was trying to get away from him. I can see no reason he would have shot her! Maybe more will come out. My daughter's friend posted pics of Myranda and herself from a dance in high school and it was so cute. Made me so sad.

BBM - And only knew him for a week. Just seems way too convenient...My hinky meter is taking me into a kinda bad spot...Guess we'll wait and see. JMO...

speculation but somoeone said he was in I.T. - could be related to his profession somehow ...

hmmm..
it's possible,at first glance thought it might have been a sexually motivated crime after reading that i'm thinking maybe we're dealing with jealousy,control and anger issues.

BBM - And only knew him for a week. Just seems way too convenient...My hinky meter is taking me into a kinda bad spot...Guess we'll wait and see. JMO...

Seems like she might have been communicating with him for a while online but just met him in person a week before her disappearance.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-new...846/21623906/-/item/0/-/148oisiz/-/index.html

Investigators said they believe 33-year-old Darrell Ervin Raines, Jr. and Myranda Whisenant Southern had been communicating online before meeting in person about one week before she disappeared.

If he had her phone, all he'd have to is open the app and post it. I have hijacked my DH's phone and posted things before.

Well, I'm glad that my feeling it was someone other than the "usual suspect" was right; the location of the body made me think the killer was elsewhere. Really glad they've caught him relatively quickly; presumably he may have been the one accessing her account if he had her phone etc.

]"Searcy said only Southern's estranged husband and Raines had her account information".

what i'm clumsily asking is why??
was that a condition for the relationship to move forward??
was it a way for him to keep tabs on her??

Killing someone and then logging into their Facebook account = worst IT professional/worst criminal ever.

hmmm..
it's possible,at first glance thought it might have been a sexually motivated crime after reading that i'm thinking maybe we're dealing with jealousy,control and anger issues.

A shot to neck is strange. Don't see that often... oddly enough there is a recent case of a medical student killed this way:

Paul DeWolf was found dead in his Ann Arbor, Michigan apartment last Wednesday from a single gunshot wound. Room tidy, nothing missing, gun not at scene.

-- later posts mention is was gunshot to his neck that killed him.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217887&page=8

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back