Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtFem at beach, dolphin tat, May'13 - Robin Kelly

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That article also says: (My Bold)...
He said she was fully dressed and missing one shoe, but otherwise well-kept.

They found the shoe though, didn't they?

I'd assume she was beach combing, maybe went knee deep into the water, got pulled in by the current and drowned, losing a shoe in the process.

They found the shoe though, didn't they?

I'd assume she was beach combing, maybe went knee deep into the water, got pulled in by the current and drowned, losing a shoe in the process.

Yes, astridxx - thats a possibility.
NamUs Clothing & Accessoies says:
bike and white Reebok hexalite shoes
but looking at the photo of her shoe, it is the right foot shoe.

Maybe there was only one shoe? She looks as if she had a sore foot/leg...
Maybe she didn't have a shoe on because of the bandage she was wearing - possibly a foot ankle injury and she couldn't wear a shoe.
She had a swollen foot and was wearing no shoe or a flipflop on the other foot.
If she had a sore leg/foot maybe she was unable to swim properly.

Maybe she lost the shoe before she went into the water?
The shoe got stuck/lodged somewhere and was the reason she fell into the water (if she fell) and was taken by the current?
Maybe she took it off.

There is soft sand, rocks that she could have been walking on around the shore line or the inlets. I noticed there is one near the Sands Beach Club - maybe somewhere like that?

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11327

How expensive are the Reebok shoes? We already know she has dental work...root canal. crowns.

I just don't think she is a "homeless person."

It seems to me that the two most likely scenarios are:

Somebody who was known/suspected to have drowned (fell off a boat, for instance) but body not recovered. These people are almost never listed as missing anywhere and often have obituaries etc. so they're hard to locate.

Somebody who lived alone and wasn't noticed as missing for a few days. In that case it could be like the Virginia Beach dude, somebody whose missing date is actually after this woman was found.

Susan Stiltner's page says she had green eyes. The Namus page says the UID had brown eyes.

Susan Stiltner's page says she had green eyes. The Namus page says the UID had brown eyes.

I know Fin.I saw that too.I also think the woman found is older than Susan.

It just never hurts to throw something out there.

And doesn't the composite picture of this UID have blue eyes, or greyish blue eyes?

Here is the link to the composite picture

woman%20pulled%20from%20ocean%20picture.jpg

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=903858#.UavXEWCNRMs

Her eyes look blue in this picture.

Does she have a cow lick at the area of the hairline part?

http://www.counton2.com/story/22426731/unidentified-woman-dies-in-surf-off-myrtle-beach

"Police say lifeguards pulled the woman on shore on the south side of Myrtle Beach around 8:45 a.m. Saturday. She died a short time later at the hospital."

Has anybody else seen articles like this one that says she died at the hospital?

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...dentified-woman-dies-in-surf-off-myrtle-beach

"Authorities are asking for help to identify a woman who died after lifeguards pulled her unconscious from the ocean at Myrtle Beach."

In this article below it states that CPR was performed but she was already dead...

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=903254#.UdRX0xZ8u-_

"The lifeguard performed CPR, but the woman was already dead."

I wonder which is the correct version?

RSBM
They could, in fact, both be technically right. You're not "legally dead" until someone with the authority to do so declares you "dead." So, they could have got her out, started CPR even though it was too late, at which point they'd be required (at least in my state) to continue until one of four things happen: They are relieved by someone of equal or higher training, the person stops being dead, the rescuers are physically incapable of continuing OR (and this is the important one) the victim is declared dead. So, while she was BIOLOGICALLY dead on the beach, she may have been declared LEGALLY dead at the hospital.

I hope that made sense.

RSBM
They could, in fact, both be technically right. You're not "legally dead" until someone with the authority to do so declares you "dead." So, they could have got her out, started CPR even though it was too late, at which point they'd be required (at least in my state) to continue until one of four things happen: They are relieved by someone of equal or higher training, the person stops being dead, the rescuers are physically incapable of continuing OR (and this is the important one) the victim is declared dead. So, while she was BIOLOGICALLY dead on the beach, she may have been declared LEGALLY dead at the hospital.

I hope that made sense.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you so much! :)

Now clarity I understand....Hedgehogs I love! :) So yes, atleast this one person read that line! :)

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you so much! :)

Now clarity I understand....Hedgehogs I love! :) So yes, atleast this one person read that line! :)

You're awesome. I've been putting completely random things in the edit line just to see if anyone noticed for months now. You're the first that has said something. And done it as well :)

You're awesome. I've been putting completely random things in the edit line just to see if anyone noticed for months now. You're the first that has said something. And done it as well :)

OFF TOPIC:
I was half expecting an edit on this one, ;)
:)

Do you like wafers?
I remember many a day eating Necco wafers! :)

I wonder if there were any group/club trips that month.

Excellent question. And if so, did they go their separate ways, so at that point they would not know to look for her?
Many trips will have a "roll count", but if the trip was completely over, then nobody would be the wiser that she was missing. IMOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jboo1119
Back