GUILTY SC - Nevaeh Lashy Adams, 5, mother found murdered, Sumter, 5 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"When she does come home, I want to be able to tell her, 'Daddy never stopped looking for you,' ...and I'm never going to stop until she's safe in my arms or I have to lay her to rest," he said. "There's nothing in my spirit that's telling me that she's gone. I just want to have closure."
'I just want to have closure': Father of missing Sumter girl keeping hope she'll return
Oh, it's so difficult not to cry when reading such sweet, and loving words from her Daddy.

From the link:

[...]

Police believe 28-year-old Daunte Johnson stabbed the child to death and put her body in a dumpster back in August.

Investigators immediately went to area landfills and tracked down garbage trucks that may have transported trash from dumpsters in the area of the crime. Police have been searching the Richland Landfill for Nevaeh’s body off and on for about two months.

Crews were recently back at the site on Screaming Eagle Road. On Friday, Oct. 18, police discovered human remains. Those remains were DNA tested and determined to be little Nevaeh.

[...]

Rest in peace, sweet child.

g35040.gif

OCT 23, 2019
Father of missing 5YO says, “some weight has finally been lifted,” now that Nevaeh’s remains have been found
[...]

Sumter Police say the body of Bradley was discovered by her son, rolled up in a rug inside her apartment. Her cause of death is listed as blunt and sharp force trauma injuries to the head and neck.

[...]

Videos released by Sumter Police and SLED give us a look at search efforts at the Richland Landfill, at times requiring volunteers to wear hazmat suits in triple digit heat.

With some help from the National Center For Missing and Exploited Children, and multiple state agencies, Nevaeh’s remains were discovered late last week.

[...]

“I thank them so much for the time they have spent out there. I’m so appreciative of what they’ve done out there, it’s just that I have to settle for DNA. It’s not visually telling me that’s her. I wanted to actually be able to identify my daughter, besides DNA,” Adams said.

Adams also says he finds some peace knowing that Nevaeh is gone, because, “then I know she’s in a better place. I rest with that. I’m good with that. At least I know she’s not out there being harmed. So, at least she’s not going through that, and that was one of my biggest things, wondering if she’s out there, wondering if someone’s harming her – her last moments of going through whatever she went through, what was she thinking? What was she feeling? Those things is what breaks me down, but now that I know that she’s with the Father, that weight is lifted off of me.”

[...]

Katie Ussin on Twitter
News of authorities finding the body believed to be of 3yo Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney, and confirmation of 5 yo Nevaeh Adams’ remains— wrecked me this morning and I hope it does you too. These are innocent babies, and we should never become complacent to crimes against children.
6:46 AM - 23 Oct 2019

Katie Ussin on Twitter
News of authorities finding the body believed to be of 3yo Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney, and confirmation of 5 yo Nevaeh Adams’ remains— wrecked me this morning and I hope it does you too. These are innocent babies, and we should never become complacent to crimes against children.
This news is devastating of course (together with little Cupcake being found in a dumpster) but both families have their missing children now. Not the way I wanted it for sure - but so many other little ones are out there somewhere.. JMO

Katie Ussin on Twitter

I felt the same way yesterday when I logged in to find not one, not two, but three of my watched threads had been changed to that dreaded "found deceased." Rough day for all us WSers, for sure.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jstuff
Back