Found Deceased SC - Patrick McGill, 34, Greer, 7 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Patrick-McGill_.jpg

Patrick McGill, 34, was last seen on Saturday and was last in contact with someone through his cell phone on Sunday at about 5 p.m., police said.

Police said McGill did not show up for work on Monday.

5’11” tall
brown hair

May be driving a silver 2010 Chevy Equinox with a South Carolina license plate reading HXT162. It has a frame around the license plate that reads “Don McGill” and a black decal on the back that reads Starling with a star on it.

Help Greer Police find missing man Patrick McGill

:(

“It’s been 24 hours since anyone has gotten a response from him that I know,” Alison McGill posted on Facebook Sunday. “He has 3 daughters and they need their daddy. He was supposed to be here this morning to spend the day with them and he doesn’t skip time with his girls.”

The last time that Patrick was reported to be seen was around midnight on July 6th and the last contact via his cell phone was a few hours later around 5 p.m., the family says.

There is an update to the FB post included in this article. It shows his vehicle was found in Orlando, FL. I believe his personal FB shows this is where he is from. Also, if you open the post on FB, there are comments near the bottom about his recent appearance.

Family searching for Greer man who may be missing, didn't show up for work Monday
If it wasn't for the fact that he was supposed to spend time with his daughters and didn't show up, he didn't show up for work Monday morning, and his phone is off/dead, it would almost look like he made an 8-hour drive to see family. But, why wouldn't he tell someone? Why was his vehicle found in a Walmart parking lot? Where is this guy? Baffling...:confused:

If it wasn't for the fact that he was supposed to spend time with his daughters and didn't show up, he didn't show up for work Monday morning, and his phone is off/dead, it would almost look like he made an 8-hour drive to see family. But, why wouldn't he tell someone? Why was his vehicle found in a Walmart parking lot? Where is this

Last edited:
His parent have passed away so I don’t know why he would have gone down there.... he wouldn’t not have left his daughters. Something is very wrong! I have known him for years and this is out of character....
Welcome to Websleuths, MoxieSmith. I'm very sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. I agree - this is quite troubling. :(

Gardener, it's in the FB post that is included in the MSM link.

the FOUND news is within the FB that is part of that article. So, not MSM.

Ok, thank you both! My browser was blocking that photo/link to fb and all I saw was a blank space there. Turned off the blocking and it appeared. I'll alert the mods even though that's technically not MSM. It was linked by a MSM source so might be enough. IDK.

Oh crud. I'm so sorry. I thought it was okay to post because it was linked to a MSM article. This is why I never post, lol o_O. Please delete if not allowed.

I think you did fine, no worries. Usually MSM screenshots fb posts for their articles and we can discuss the screenshots then, but this was a case where Fox News put a link to a personal fb post in their article. When that link changed (because the fb poster updated it) we can see it in the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
rest in peace, young man.

ETA -patrick's Obituary

Patrick David McGill Obituary (1985 - 2019) | Gotha, Florida

Sadly, on July 10, 2019, at the age of 34, Patrick David McGill (Gotha, Florida) passed away. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of Patrick David McGill to pay them a last tribute. You may also light a candle in honor of Patrick David McGill.

rest in peace, young man.

ETA -patrick's Obituary

Patrick David McGill Obituary (1985 - 2019) | Gotha, Florida

Sadly, on July 10, 2019, at the age of 34, Patrick David McGill (Gotha, Florida) passed away. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of Patrick David McGill to pay them a last tribute. You may also light a candle in honor of Patrick David McGill.
Services pending at Woodlawn Funeral Home in Gotha.

Patrick David McGill Obituary - Gotha, FL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member