SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Murdaugh is facing 27 new criminal charges after SC grand jury indictments served

Alex Murdaugh indicted by SC grand jury on 27 new criminal charges

The indictments include breach of trust, obtaining property by false pretenses, money laundering, computer crimes and forgery, from charges in several South Carolina counties.

The State Grand Jury issued five indictments, totaling 27 counts, against suspended attorney Murdaugh. These indictments charge Murdaugh with four counts of breach of trust with fraudulent intent; seven counts of obtaining signature or property by false pretenses; seven counts of money laundering; eight counts of computer crimes; and one count of Forgery.

South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson announced today that South Carolina State Grand Jury issued five indictments, totaling 27 counts, against suspended attorney Richard Alexander Murdaugh. These indictments charge Murdaugh with four counts of Breach of Trust with Fraudulent Intent; seven counts of Obtaining Signature or Property by False Pretenses; seven counts of Money Laundering; eight counts of Computer Crimes; and one count of Forgery.…

Attorney General Wilson stressed that all defendants are presumed innocent unless and until they are proven guilty in a court of law.

You can read the indictments here, here, here, here, and here.

I've often wondered just why H and the other legal bigwig even agreed to defend AM. Especially when he was declared a POI right off the bat. Was Harpy a good friend of the grandfather?

As far as paying with checks for whatever illegal things (lawyers say drugs but could be murder) it just doesn't fit. That's like Hiding Your Crimes 101...pay in cash.

If AM is /\that/\ stupid, I think he's all the more capable of killing his wife with his own hunting rifle (which has disappeared) and cold-blooded enough to kill his son for stumbling upon the scene before AM could leave. AJMO
I think maybe AM/Grandpa M and H are acquaintances with long standing ties, favors exchanged over the years, political donations, who knows?? I think he's going to regret it in the long run.

I changed my mind about AM possibly being the actual trigger person after I heard the second 911 call when he was supposedly shot on the roadside. His demeanor was very similar to the original 911 call he placed after he 'stumbled on' MM and PM dead bodies. No real emotion in either of those calls IMO. Anything is possible here to me.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:

No relationship but conveyed $164,000 ? I don’t see it..

If we imagine for just a moment, CS was simply his drug dealer and they had no relationship beyond that. At an average street cost of $20 per pill for an Oxycodone 15 MG (as an example), that would be 8,200 pills, 1,366 pills per month, 341 pills per week, and apx 48 pills per day. :eek:
How Much Do Drugs Cost: The Steep Price Of Addiction

No relationship but conveyed $164,000 ? I don’t see it..

If we imagine for just a moment, CS was simply his drug dealer and they had no relationship beyond that. At an average street cost of $20 per pill for an Oxycodone 15 MG (as an example), that would be 8,200 pills, 1,366 pills per month, 341 pills per week, and apx 48 pills per day. :eek:
How Much Do Drugs Cost: The Steep Price Of Addiction

Agree. My opinion is and has been that Eddie is in cahoots with Alex.

South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson announced today that South Carolina State Grand Jury issued five indictments, totaling 27 counts, against suspended attorney Richard Alexander Murdaugh. These indictments charge Murdaugh with four counts of Breach of Trust with Fraudulent Intent; seven counts of Obtaining Signature or Property by False Pretenses; seven counts of Money Laundering; eight counts of Computer Crimes; and one count of Forgery.…

Attorney General Wilson stressed that all defendants are presumed innocent unless and until they are proven guilty in a court of law.

You can read the indictments here, here, here, here, and here.
And, AM got away with all this for years and years. I wonder how many Persons of Prominence have been turning a blind eye.

And, AM got away with all this for years and years. I wonder how many Persons of Prominence have been turning a blind eye.

At least a few, checks were written from the Forge account to "associates", and considering his 'crowd', any of them should have known it was a phony account set up for illicit purposes.

Exactly. If he's your go to guy to fake an attack on yourself, then he's probably earned a good degree of trust.

If Curtis is involved somehow in the murders, then he'd have a vested interest in driving law enforcement away from Alex.

It makes sense on a lot of levels.

What specifically do you mean by driving LE away from Alex?

It sure does seem mighty stupid that a big shot lawyer would leave such a paper trail in paying either a drug supplier, a hitman or even a go-between facilitator of murder for hire...doesn't it?

He really isn’t that smart. If not for his father, grandfather and part owner of the firm I don’t think he would have been able to pull this off. His biggest advantage was no one would go up against him. That kept a lot at bay for his schemes versus being intelligent.

Do you think one will rat the other out?

If this murder involves more than one person, then I fully expect someone to flip. It's a death penalty state after all. Someone always turns state's evidence in a murder conspiracy.

I have absolutely no doubt that Alex either did this, or arranged it. Even if he didn't pull the trigger, he's the most culpable.

They'll turn on him, not the other way around.

So much money missing! (And more to come by the sounds of it)

I'll be interested to hear what Bland means by "satisfying his own wants and needs". (Personally, I can only think of a raging gambling addiction consuming so much money )

I know many think that there is lots of money hidden away, but I'm not so sure. There seems a growing sense of chaos, and of recklessness. Not a controlled salting away in untraceable bank accounts.

AM's financial crimes are sociopathically awful. For this reason, I will not be surprised if we hear he is behind the murders.

I have felt that MM wanted the Beach lawsuit over with and because AM would not supply their financial records to settle that’s when MM asked for the audit at the firm. Having been in mediation on the 4th and suppose to go back the 10th with financial records that were supposed to have been there the 4th. Did MM go in the home and find paperwork? Find banking records? IDK where did AM leave the checks or drop off, maybe he mailed checks for thousands. IDK

Did MM find out and AM told someone she was going to authority’s and tell.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members