SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy is said to have told Griffin that the truck initially passed by Alex Murdaugh without incident as he changed the tire of his black Mercedes-Benz SUV on Salkehatchie Road.

But the driver of the truck then turned around and drove toward Murdaugh. Moments later, the gunman inside the truck opened fire, it has been alleged.

Gunman who shot South Carolina legal heir 'had driven past in pickup truck before turning round' | Daily Mail Online

If this is true then CS was coming from the opposite direction to have to turn around.

Jmo
The indictment specifically says Eddie followed Alex. I wouldn’t put much stock into Randy’s account of anything. MOO

“Smith followed Murdaugh to a location along Old Salkehatchie Rd. and shot Murdaugh.”

Hampton Co Grand Jury | PDF

Last edited:
Why not do the "assisted suicide" (excuse me while I LOL) at secluded Moselle? What was the point of doing it in broad daylight on the very public Salkehatchie Rd?
To set up cousin Eddie for attempted murder? I don't think I buy the whole I want to " kill myself", via a friendly hitman, to get BM 10 million dollars.

Moselle not having the cameras rolling at yet another "murder" would have been too unbelievable...well maybe not with this family.

Was it ever said that the Baptist church had gotten anything useful on it's cameras?

Well, yes. I think many of us believe this was an attempt to make it look like someone was “after” Alex, not an assisted suicide. Which begs the question, why would Alex and Eddie want investigators to think there was a killer after the Murdaughs?
if Alex is closely tied to his wife and his son's murders, maybe he thought if he appeared to be the next target- that people wouldn't suspect him as much in their deaths?

Maybe Fast Eddie was the intended victim?
Initially, it would seem to make sense. Lure ES to a rural road, shoot ES, and claim that ES was the aggressor and trying to “finish the job,” so to speak, because of drug debts.

That being said, why, then, would AM change his story to LE when ES fled? Why wouldn’t he simply commit to that narrative and have a battle of credibility in the courtroom?

To me, all of AM’s recent moves appear to be about obtaining and shuffling money around, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole ordeal was a scheme purely to buy time to allow him and his cohorts to make money moves.

All MOO.

The PMPED firm said it began looking into Murdaugh's financial activities after discovering a suspicious check lying on his desk in early September.

The firm reviewed prior cases Murdaugh had worked and found "numerous checks" that sent settlement money to bank accounts named "Forge" or "Forge Consulting, LLC."

The firm also identified cases where Murdaugh drafted checks from PMPED accounts into his bogus accounts. But when it contacted the real Forge Consulting, the Atlanta firm said it had not provided any services to Murdaugh's clients in those cases, PMPED alleged.

"FCL was not assisting the Defendant in his scheme and had no knowledge of the improper use of its name or his conduct," the lawsuit states.

According to the lawsuit, Murdaugh admitted to stealing the money and resigned on Sept. 3 when the firm confronted him about the checks.

Alex Murdaugh scammed law firm, housekeeper's sons with fake bank account, lawsuits allege

Just an odd place to meet/be followed to.
If he had been shot (with his gun) and killed by someone else and that person did leave what would be thought?

I guess it would depend on if the gun was still with him and if he was positioned to look like it was suicide.

Im thinking the location was selected so there were no residential cameras to pick up the activity.

At the moment I’m leaning towards him getting rid of Eddie. Pinning the murders on Eddie.

Does Eddie have an alibi for the double murder?
I suspect that a High-Powered Lawyer might have someone
on his payroll to clean up messes and do odd jobs.

I sort of suspect Alec was going to meet with Eddie, shoot him, sustain a minor injury, maybe leave some GSR on Eddie's hand and push Eddie as the killer of MM and PM. Eddie might have actually done that one.

Does Eddie have an alibi for the double murder?
I suspect that a High-Powered Lawyer might have someone
on his payroll to clean up messes and do odd jobs.

I sort of suspect Alec was going to meet with Eddie, shoot him, sustain a minor injury, maybe leave some GSR on Eddie's hand and push Eddie as the killer of MM and PM. Eddie might have actually done that one.

I believe Eddie is absolutely Alex’s clean-up guy. JMO

I also think there was an element here of bolstering the rehab story with the "shooting". Kill two birds with one non-existent shot. After all if someone was shot in the head, who wouldn't give them a strong opiate, especially the on-demand life flight of the rich and famous? And interestingly enough the reports that they released were of his bloodwork after he had been shot. Barbiturates were included, which I know is commonly given to prevent seizures from alcohol withdrawal, but not commonly opiates. Having those two things in his bloodstream at the hospital gave his lawyers an easy way to say "see he really needs rehab".

Nice try guys, but no one is falling for the BS that easily these days.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Alex Murdaugh Staying Behind Bars As Judge Denies Bond A Second Time

“Following the initial denial of bond, the court received a psychiatric evaluation of the defendant dated October 22, 2021,” Newman wrote in an order dated November 9, 2021. “After considering the arguments of counsel, the evaluation submitted, pending charges and other investigations, and the apparent character and mental condition of the defendant, the court finds the defendant is a danger to both himself and the community.”

“It is therefore the order of this court that the motion for bond is denied at this time,” Newman wrote.

Eta

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Alex Murdaugh Staying Behind Bars As Judge Denies Bond A Second Time

Last edited:

“Following the initial denial of bond, the court received a psychiatric evaluation of the defendant dated October 22, 2021,” Newman wrote in an order dated November 9, 2021. “After considering the arguments of counsel, the evaluation submitted, pending charges and other investigations, and the apparent character and mental condition of the defendant, the court finds the defendant is a danger to both himself and the community.”

“It is therefore the order of this court that the motion for bond is denied at this time,” Newman wrote.

Eta

The danger to himself part I can understand, but 'danger to the community" surprised me.

Last edited:
https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article255095857.html

In response, Harpootlian argued Tuesday that his client was the defendant in the wrongful death case, not the lawyer, therefore he wasn’t responsible for issuing the checks. But Satterfield’s attorneys said Murdaugh and his law firm played a part in the insurance settlements that the housekeeper’s sons never saw.

Bland also asked the judge to order that Murdaugh not be allowed to make any financial transactions. Recently, Murdaugh gave his son, Buster, a financial power of attorney, Bland said.

Waters told the judge that “$2.7 million is supposed to go to these boys back here.”

“This is a sad day for lawyers,” Bland told the judge. “Alex Murdaugh stained our profession. He also put a black eye on this state. We have never seen such a breach of trust.”

SLED agent Phillip Turner told the judge Tuesday that additional charges against Murdaugh could be coming.

“These are the charges that SLED felt comfortable bringing forward to you today,” he said.

Last edited:
Restrictions on Habeas Relief in South Carolina

Importantly, individuals incarcerated under state-level authority cannot seek federal habeas corpus relief until they have exhausted all other alternative remedies. In practice, this means that the defendant must have already:

Filed appeals with—and been rejected by—the South Carolina Court of Appeals and then the South Carolina Supreme Court
Sought post-conviction relief and appealed an ensuing rejection to the state Supreme Court again
Sought other forms of relief if they are available

South Carolina Habeas Corpus Lawyer | Constitutional Rights

The danger to himself part I can understand, but 'danger to the community" surprised me.

My guess is (I do have knowledge of psychology and the DSM-5, although obviously do not personally know AM nor have I formally assessed him) that he received an ASPD diagnosis. It would be difficult to justify bond for someone who has a disregard for rules and societal norms. MOO

I don’t know if his family knew him as well as they thought they did. I also have not heard of one friend stepping forward on his behalf. The few pictures of him don’t really say or tell alot. I personally don’t think he was around hampton much since his dad retired, other then get money/write checks at the firm. He probably isolated himself from people for fear of being questioned about their lawsuits.

Jmo

“COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A prominent South Carolina attorney whose wife and son were found shot to death at the home where the family’s housekeeper also died will likely remain in jail for many months now that a judge has again denied bond pending his insurance fraud trial.

Circuit Judge Clifton Newman initially denied Alex Murdaugh bond on Oct. 19, but asked Murdaugh’s lawyers to send him a report on his mental condition from professionals, including those involved in his monthlong stay to get treatment for an addiction to opioids”

Alex Murdaugh trial: Judge again denies bond for prominent attorney | NewsNation Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper