SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect PM was the target, with MM collateral damage. Like maybe (speculation only) AM planned to use MM as his alibi while PM was killed. But something went wrong, MM realized AM was responsible/had set it up, and she had to be silenced. Maybe PM's time of death was earlier, and the estimate of 9:00-9:30 was for MM? (i.e. PM was at the kennels, MM arrived, argued with AM, left, returned to find PM killed, was shot as she tried to run.)

I think AM had more reason to eliminate PM at that point - thinking it would put an end to the audits and review of assets in connection with the MB lawsuit. Terrible, evil, heartless logic, to be sure, but with a clear end goal - no defendant, no more lawsuit. Killing just MM wouldn't have stopped any of that. IMO.
Actually by killing PM it did stop all of the criminal charges and pending trial.

There are still civil lawsuits against AM, BM, and Parkers Convenience Store by the Beach Family and some of the boat occupants.

JMO

For one thing he was not a big guy, two, had he eaten before he started drinking.
Some folks can consume more then others and not be “drunk”.

I am not a big a big person and I could out drink a few guy friends back in the day. Some ppl can handle liquor and others are sloppy drunks.

Jmo
That's true. I may have not been clear earlier. I didn't mean to imply PM may have had something besides alcohol in his system I meant maybe he drank liquor too. The drug comment was more like perhaps he got involved in supplying buying etc for friends, especially if there is any truth to his father being involved in smuggling or somehow in the drug business. My apologies for not being clear. If AM's now infamous lament that some heard may have been "why did you have to get involved..." AM meant the illegal activities he was involved in. These are my opinions only.

The purchase of a funeral home blows my mind. IMO it was a cover for something. And I do know funeral directors can find out about deceased people's life insurance policies. Often the life insurance is what covers the funeral expenses. My spouses ex was buried by a policy and the excess money the funeral director didn't offer to the family. I had to tell them to ask for a receipt! Then they got the extra unspent $15,000!!! Think about it. Drugs. Life insurance. Money Laundering. You can pack a lot of drugs in a casket in the back of a hearse headed to a funeral out in the country. In the old days they waited until everyone was gone before lowering the casket into the ground unless the family wanted that. And hearses often have curtains so you can't see inside. People are grieving. A guy like AM with a crooked funeral director could make some fast money. MOO!

I can't understand why AM bought a funeral home legitimately.

All speculation on my part and I mean no disrespect to PM or anyone.

Murdaugh said he arrived home sometime after 9:30 p.m. and found his wife and son dead. He called 9-1-1 at 10:07 p.m.

“I been up to it now — it’s bad,” he told Colleton county dispatcher Angel Fraser, referring to the crime scene.

So he was there sometime after 9:30, 30 minutes or so before he called 911.
It took him several times to get up to it? The wording is strange, imo.

IMHO When the news first broke on the two murders I looked at my husband and said, "I wonder if Dad was expecting his son to also be at the property." Such a shame for a family with a long legacy in the area.

Chilling
The thing you have to be mindful of with FITS News as a source is that they often report things as fact which are later disproved, and never issue a retraction or correction. The confusion with Blanca is a good example. They did not do adequate verification, reported it was the same person, and when it was verified that the customer service rep at the bank is not the same woman as Maggie’s maid who is mentioned in regards to handling Maggie’s belongings and packing up Edisto, they did nothing to correct that. That’s just one example.
Also, FITS offers very biased coverage. Three of their main sources are attorneys for plaintiffs in the boat crash (Tinsley) and the financial settlement thefts (Bland) (Bamburg), one of which is a main advertiser on their site.
Obviously they’ve had a lot of “exclusives” regarding this case and I understand why so many follow them, but it’s just a good reminder to keep in mind.
MOO
Going off of your post, it's good to keep in mind that unbiased sources no longer exist anywhere. All information should be thoroughly scrutinized and scrutinized again, from the traditional journalism powerhouses to small start-ups.

It looks, In my opinion, that up until the last year, AM was able to use Laffitte’s bank like a personal piggy bank…having money moved to himself, his father, even to MM as needed. Yet in that last year, the taxes on Edisto went unpaid, MM had at least one check bounce. in my opinion, something had changed.
Likewise in my opinion, considering all the messes that had been ‘handled’ before…charges did go forward against PM.
AM seems to have lost some of his share of the generational steel grip on the community, lost some of his control. Was it because this lovely young girl who died was in their social set?
Another curious thing…on her FB page MM stated she moved to Edisto in July, 2020. But in October of that year, she changed her profile picture to one of the two of them in a boat, smiling like the happiest of couples. Picturs posted after that are ‘happy family’ pictures as well. Had they been reconciled for a period?

Last edited:
It looks, In my opinion, that up until the last year, AM was able to use Laffitte’s bank like a personal piggy bank…having money moved to himself, his father, even to MM as needed. Yet in that last year, the taxes on Edisto went unpaid, MM had at least one check bounce. in my opinion, something had changed.
Likewise in my opinion, considering all the messes that had been ‘handled’ before…charges did go forward against PM.
AM seems to have lost some of his share of the generational steel grip on the community, lost some of his control. Was it because this lovely young girl who died was in their social set?
Another curious thing…on her FB page MM stated she moved to Edisto in July, 2020. But in October of that year, she changed her profile picture to one of the two of them in a boat, smiling like the happiest of couples. Picturs posted after that are ‘happy family’ pictures as well. Had they been reconciled for a period?
"Fakebook", as they say?

Agree, he probably justified killing PM thinking it was better than PM having to go to prison for the death of Mallory.
And worse yet --IMO, by the time AM's convicted and headed to prison, he will have reconciled his fate in his own mind that he's truly some kind of martyr for "saving" both MM and PM from their horrible futures.

And anybody waiting on AM to show any remorse for his deeds (including BM), really needs to give up on that idea, now!

Looking at the financials in the charges against Lafitte they remind of those old "revolving" type things in the 80's. If a banker knew you personally and knew you were good for the money, they would let insufficient checks roll over into that revolving account until you made a deposit to cover the bounced checks or came up with collateral to get a regular bank loan to cover the insufficient checks.

I saw many clients get in over their head on those things. They would blithely write checks without even checking their bank balance for weeks or even months, the banker friend would rubber stamp all insufficient funds checks and let them go through. When the amount got over that set revolving amount the banker friend would call and say something like "hey I need you to make a deposit or come in with some collateral so we can cover this with a secured loan." Clients thought it was all great until they ran out of property to use as collateral.

As a side note: No matter how many times you told them they were playing with fire, they would keep doing it again, until they ruined their credit by having to file bankruptcy. One client even had to go to jail when the bank stopped bankrolling her checking account because she ran out of things to use as collateral.

It always amazed me that people would pay me, as their CPA, then just ignore any and all advice I gave them if it wasn't what they wanted to hear. It's like going to the doctor with a mole on you, paying him a lot of money, then ignoring him when he tells you it's cancer and needs to be treated.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members