SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in suicide its agreed its hard to shoot yourself more than once — I’m not thinking this is murder/suicide. JMO.

Then there is the reward factor. Typically when there is a reward there is an additional announcement after some time passes to encourage ‘entice’ someone to come forward. ‘The offer still stands’.

Was reading again coverage of AM’s call to 911.

“Murdaugh also told the 911 dispatcher that he has just arrived home. When asked whether anyone was supposed to be at that residence, he said, ‘No.’”

Is he saying no one — including MM and PM — were supposed to be at the property? I’d heard this as no one outside family was expected but I’m thinking now maybe MM and PM weren't supposed to be there either?

Murdaugh murders: 911 calls in SC double homicide released
- - - - -

In another account I read that the victims were found face down. That’s the first time I think I read that and I didn't remember hearing that detail on the recording:

“In the 911-call, Alec can be heard sobbing, telling the dispatcher that he has come home and found his wife and son ‘laying face down’ and ‘not breathing,’ according to the audio tapes.”

Newly-released 911 tapes of Murdaugh murders shed little light on details of the night

Edited to add Walterboro article.

Last edited:

“Murdaugh also told the 911 dispatcher that he has just arrived home. When asked whether anyone was supposed to be at that residence, he said, ‘No.’”

Is he saying no one — including MM and PM — were supposed to be at the property? I’d heard this as no one outside family was expected but I’m thinking now maybe MM and PM weren't supposed to be there either?

- - - - -

In another account I read that the victims were found face down. That’s the first time I think I read that and I didn't remember hearing that detail on the recording:

“In the 911-call, Alec can be heard sobbing, telling the dispatcher that he has come home and found his wife and son ‘laying face down’ and ‘not breathing,’ according to the audio tapes.”

Newly-released 911 tapes of Murdaugh murders shed little light on details of the night

Excellent find!!
Each clue is...well, a clue!

In those photographs, the investigators walking with JM have the logo of the 14th Circuit Solicitor's Office embroidered on the chest area of their shirts.
Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor's Office

Is it common to have solicitor's investigators at a crime scene so early in an investigation? Could the murders have been related to AM's part-time work at the 14th Circuit Solicitor's office? Like, some kind of retaliation for a prosecution AM was involved in?

If so and if this motive was discovered early in the investigation, that might explain why LE was able to report there was no danger to the public.
Bam on catching the embroidered shirts! No matter how close I have examined those pics I never saw the embroidery.

- - - - -

Is there a typed transcript of the call anywhere?!

If the pics of JM & LE with the phone is them locating MM phone and they then proceed to walk towards the road, is out front where mailbox and smaller home is.

And ... I do think there is a redacted transcript of 911 call — I don't have link handy, but I think it’s linked to a couple news stories and also posted somewhere in this thread.

I agree on the phone being out Moselle Rd. and somehow had always felt — had the impression — maybe just intuition — the phone was tossed out the window of a car near that service entrance as it left the crime. Since the bridge on Rte 63 (where its alleged LE was observed looking for evidence) is south of the hunting property I would assume the car turned right out of driveway so phone probably south of drive. (Ref. my post on our doc and resource thread for this case.) OMO

I’ve been studying aerial photos and re-reading a number of articles to compare how a detail of the crime is described by different writers, and I’ve changed my earlier opinion on location of bodies. I believe now, while they were separated by a few yards, they were in front of the kennels. If you look at where the ME’s van in parked, it makes sense they would load them right into back. And I think one writer indicated he/she was getting that detail from a CAD of 911 call. Actually, not sure it makes much difference whether they were to left of kennel or in front.

Bottom line: I believe all the action took place between caretaker’s cottage, kennels, red-roofed building, and in area of that northern service entrance to property.

These are only my opinions.

The reason I ask about a typewritten transcript is because I too thought I heard AM say no one was supposed to be at Moselle, and I'd like to be sure. Not only that but what else can be picked up from the 911 tape?

This, imo opens up a whole new can of worms.

The reason I ask about a typewritten transcript is because I too thought I heard AM say no one was supposed to be at Moselle, and I'd like to be sure. Not only that but what else can be picked up from the 911 tape?

This, imo opens up a whole new can of worms.

I have heard it over and over (“no”) but let me see if I can come up with links.

I agree on can of worms — that’s why I posted so we could cogitate on that, as well as where BM was since his being in Rock Hill doesnt seem concrete.

Edited: I did not actually read a transcript of 911, was confusing that with CAD report of LE events during call and after. I don't think they have released a transcript of call.

Last edited:
The request for insurance coverage by Murdaugh’s father, Richard Alexander Murdaugh, is the second time in a year that he has asked an insurance company to cover a wrongful death claim.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article235954987.html

@Elley Mae ,
Can you please give a synopsis of what is in this article since it is behind a paywall for many of us? I think it’s best not to use direct quotes for copyright sensitivity, but give us a book report version if you can. THANKS

I think in suicide its agreed its hard to shoot yourself more than once — I’m not thinking this is murder/suicide. JMO.

I agree or they would have wrapped this by now.

The judicial districts do have investigators but I’m not sure if they are state or county LE.
The 911 operator asks him “was anyone else supposed to be at your house”? Anyone else — that’s a different question. Guess I was sending us down a rabbit hole for nothing.

RAW AUDIO: State authorities release 911 call made by Alex Murdaugh in connection to murder case

I’m trying to understand this. Why not “is anybody else around, I’m concerned about danger?” Type rather that “suppose to be”, unless she was concerned about other victims? It’s just an odd question at least.

I agree or they would have wrapped this by now.

The judicial districts do have investigators but I’m not sure if they are state or county LE.

I’m trying to understand this. Why not “is anybody else around, I’m concerned about danger?” Type rather that “suppose to be”, unless she was concerned about other victims? It’s just an odd question at least.
After I realized my misunderstanding of what she had specifically asked, I took it to mean, was anyone else supposed to be around like maybe dinner guests, other family, live-in help, etc.

I actually thought pretty much the whole line of questioning was odd and awkward. And it didn't help to have the redactions and that sometimes she and AM spoke over each other.

And I still cant get over AM seemingly not concerned for BM’s safety, or whether someone was still lurking around watching him from the woods, and that he wanted to end the call before police arrived. With the dogs barking he must not have been too far from the bodies.

JMO

@LetsSolvIt , I was thinking that the scenario of more victims, more family, being around was what may have immediately came to the operators mind when she heard 2 victims were already found. That’s the only reason I can guess for that question.

IMO, For a small family that suffered such a devastating loss, AM and BM seem oddly detached. No tearful pleas for help finding the person(s) responsible for the heinous act of violence that took the lives of their wife/mother and son/brother. An announcement of a reward to be administered by the family law firm, 3 weeks after they were killed. No photos of friends/locals leaving flowers and candles near the entrance to Moselle. No local vigils. Over and done, like it never even happened.

Deceased 6/7
Buried 6/11
First public statement by the family announcing a reward 6/25

Murdaugh family offers $100K reward for info leading to murder suspect arrest, conviction | WCIV (abcnews4.com)

Last edited:
Agree AM and BM seem oddly detached — I’m still surprised they were participating in the Gov’s Cup a week or so ago — but no expressions of grief at the gate or vigils is telling about how community is responding.

There did appear to be a large crowd at graveside service. I think of Southerners (being one myself) as fairly traditional and was surprised they did not have a church funeral. JMO

Does anyone know if they were cremated? Or if there was a reception after the burial? Those details might also help us understand state of mind.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/l...jNr-XqCKPCMiQTYSF__dYnvi0wLd1O22MfFRGQU5USLED blacked out details about “forced entry” and “force used.” The agency said it did so because it revealed “details about the manner in which the crime [was] committed.”
    • SLED blacked out details about “forced entry” and “force used.” The agency said it did so because it revealed “details about the manner in which the crime [was] committed.”

• Under “Property/Evidence” gathered, the only entry is redacted because SLED said it revealed information “about the firearm seized from the crime scene.”

• Other SLED redactions referred to “which homes had video cameras” during law enforcement’s sweep of the area.
    • One paragraph of a page is blacked out, according to SLED, because it shows “steps taken by law enforcement to interview a potential witness/subject to this double homicide.”

• SLED also said revealing more information would show the leads and theories in the case that could cause the media and public to “rush to judgment while speculating on this matter in a way that impedes the law enforcement’s ability to seek justice.”

*(Above are a few snippets from the article. I don't know why it is formatted so strangely, but I could not get rid of those little black dots and make it look neat.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3