SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyer hasn’t described the truck, and most importantly, SLED has never identified the truck.

If they were in fact searching for a mystery vehicle, I have no doubt we would have heard about it days ago.

So either there is no vehicle, or there is no mystery.

BBM
So either there is no vehicle, or there is no mystery.

Well said, MG.

I’m curious though if she held the properties in her individual name and absent a Will- SC may award him through an intestate probate administration everything, after all they are married - and then her estate would need to sue him and her beneficiaries (her surviving children -but at this rate?) would need to go after their dad to take it away. I sense a whole miniseries with all this drama and intrigue. And if he did transfer his assets to her to safeguard and insulate himself -is the law firm on behalf of itself and clients entitled to sue her estate???
We need a really good investigative reporter on this case - one with zero ties to SC
JMO

Once again I grieve for Ann Rule! She would have been well-entrenched in SC by now.

Sorry for dumb question. I thought AM had an alibi when his wife and son were murdered. Wasn’t he with his Dad who was hospitalized? How could he be a POI? Hit man?
He could be for a couple reasons:

The murders occurred prior to his alibi.

It was a hired hit, with him as the mastermind.

I'm confused. Has LE said AM is a POI?
Nope. Just people close to the investigation, off the record.

Law enforcement almost never names a POI or suspect these days, especially when you’re talking about a state agency in a complex investigation.

They’ll say nothing up until an arrest.

I heard of another case, where a guy set up his neighbor to shoot his parents and sister. The neighbor as pre-planned intentionally grazed him on the shoulder. I am struggling as to why they Med flighted a superficial wound.
It may not have been as superficial as the reports sound, and their local hospital appears to be critical access, meaning they would send anything out that they don't think they can care for, and a gunshot wound to the head would likely be one of those things. Better safe than sorry.

And like I said, they may also have been worried about safety issues.

Respectfully SBM. Paul was killed with a shotgun. Maggie was killed by the assault rifle.

Right. So how do we know that Paul and his mother didn't hear the dogs barking from the house, perhaps Paul decided to have a look with a shotgun, perhaps when he got to the kennel he was killed with an assault rifle, perhaps his mother came to have a look, perhaps she was killed with the shotgun? One shooter.

upload_2021-9-8_23-55-57.png

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Map

One thing that has bothered me profoundly since day one of this case:

Within a few days of the double murder, police stated that the public was in no danger. Really? How could they possibly know this?! To date, they have put forth NO suspect(s) or POI(s) - not to mention barely releasing the most basic info!

IMHO, the only reason they would make such a statement is because they already knew who the killer(s) were - and they knew more than enough to consider him/her no danger to the general public. Local LEO's and SLED know so much more than they're divulging. It's why they're so tight-lipped; it explains the nearly total silence regarding these murders, which has dragged on now for months ... just like Paul Murdaugh's felony case was dragging on for almost 2 1/2 years before he was killed.

Now, with Alex behind closed doors in 'rehab', I fully expect the silence to get even more silent.

I'm thinking powerful people at the top know pretty much everything.

But that's just my amateur, armchair opinion. lol Let the twists and turns roll!

One thing that has bothered me profoundly since day one of this case:

Within a few days of the double murder, police stated that the public was in no danger. Really? How could they possibly know this?! To date, they have put forth NO suspect(s) or POI(s) - not to mention barely releasing the most basic info!

IMHO, the only reason they would make such a statement is because they already knew who the killer(s) were - and they knew more than enough to consider him/her no danger to the general public. Local LEO's and SLED know so much more than they're divulging. It's why they're so tight-lipped; it explains the nearly total silence regarding these murders, which has dragged on now for months ... just like Paul Murdaugh's felony case was dragging on for almost 2 1/2 years before he was killed.

Now, with Alex behind closed doors in 'rehab', I fully expect the silence to get even more silent.

I'm thinking powerful people at the top know pretty much everything.

But that's just my amateur, armchair opinion. lol Let the twists and turns roll!
Yup, knowing something and proving something, are two very different things.

No matter how this went down, there appears to have been planning here. It takes time to investigate the event, as well as all the other things that may be connected to that event.

It’s further complicated if this was a conspiracy.

The funny thing is though, if the shooting the other day was in fact an effort to throw off law enforcement, I think it’s going to backfire in a huge way.

It’s going to not only fail to do that, but it’s going to be the final nail in someone’s coffin. I also think it’s going to accelerate things.

No. Let me reword my question. Sorry. Has it not been reported that AM had an alibi when his wife and son were murdered? That’s really all I’m asking.
From what I know the reports are that someone associated with him claims that he has a rock solid alibi. Whether LE believes that he has a rock solid alibi is unknown. JMO.

Murdaugh Murders: Knife Used To Slash Alex Murdaugh’s Tire Before He Was Shot Belongs to Him [Report]

Authorities have recovered a knife allegedly used to slash the tires of Alex Murdaugh’s black SUV before he was shot Saturday while investigating a flat .

<modsnip>
Interesting...saying it's possible that the tire was slashed before AM was injured sure would open up a disturbing line of inquiry.

I was thinking IF the slashing to the tire occured intentionally by someone other than an unknown, it would have indicated a possible aborted suicide attempt.

If it was in fact slashed before AM's injury....oh boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Let me reword my question. Sorry. Has it not been reported that AM had an alibi when his wife and son were murdered? That’s really all I’m asking.

The media that reported the iron clad alibi is FITSnews, not a websleuth approved source, and even their account (from an anonymous source) throws some questions into the mix.

Alex Murdaugh: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

They [FITSNews] reported through sources that Alex Murdaugh has an “ironclad alibi.”

However, Alex Murdaugh is “a central focus of the probe,” the site reported. Alex Murdaugh has not been arrested, charged, or publicly accused of anything in connection with the deaths; nor have on-the-record sources confirmed the FITSNews account.

The site noted that he has an alibi but quoted a source as saying there are “credible concerns” about when the shootings happened and said authorities are looking into “possible manipulation of the crime scene.”

Edited to change quote

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members