SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent questions. I have no idea how SC law works, in this regard. A don't ask, don't tell marriage?

If the Court finds that he knowingly transferred stolen money anywhere then it's fair game in all 50 states, IMO. So yeah, it's pertinent. He knew he was embezzling, so when he pleads out on that (which he will), I wonder what the process will look like after that. The law firm is surely entitled to half of the joint marital assets, if not more.

Look for their properties to go on the market soon. There doesn't seem to be anyone driving this train, though, at this point in time.
But her properties are now his properties since he is the spouse right?

JMO

That's been puzzling me, bestill. Any law firm I ever worked in, the bookkeepers/accountants handled all the financial transactions.
The lawyers sign the checks in the firms I’ve worked in and they hold the paper - if they are overseeing the reconciliation- well they can cover up their transgressions. Honestly it really is all about the bank reconciliations- the paper statements to the “books” - it’s easily done if there’s no oversight or threats/intimidation exist.
jmo

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to learn a team of defense lawyers went over the crime scene before LE arrived.
jmo

I am finding this more and more credible with each and every inconsistency that is getting exposed.

It's as if there was a set up to divert attention from the site of the alleged attack by moving the victim away from the site.

I'd be extremely curious about the exact timeline of events as documented by cellphone records. Such as how long was the victim at the vehicle before the Good Samaritans came along and whisked him off to an evacuation helicopter, and before the phone call to 911. Not what he tells us, but what cell records document. After all, this is reported as an attempted murder.

And how far did they have to go to get to the helicopter?

Honestly, this just seems all too convenient.

What are the penalties for filing a fraudulent report of a felony crime in SC?
My hinky meter is on alarm.

IMO Several of these people and lead groups in this saga are a few quarts low and sabotaging the whole investigation. Some one that’s been speaking out for AM will mess up and say the wrong thing giving up valuable information. Now whether the LE or SLED pays attention that’s another can of worms.

@lstiff, i totally agree. with the exception of the drug addiction. Alcoholic? Heck yes, he has all the trademarks; bloating & redness in the face, etc...No judgement.

My problem is the shell corporations masked in real estate. "Milton Murdaugh Farm" etc, that property specifically yielding 50K a year in cattle profits. Perhaps MM was the mastermind. maybe RM the deceased, or RM the elder son had a hand in this. The former lived in a pretty modest home, nothing like the acreage that AM had on the books. IMO what we are all attributing to "wealth" isn't necessarily such a moniker. In my neck of the woods, a 17 foot center console isn't at all a measure of prosperity, rather a "poor man's boat"...
It's possible the money in the family belonged to Maggie. I can't seem to find anything on her family to see if they could possibly be wealthy. BTW I am not sleuthing Maggie's family, just curious about the source of the M family wealth and why all the property was in Maggie's name only.

JMO

stattlic, If I were to stand on the side of the road facing the woods and shot a 9mm handgun into those woods, approximately how far could it go if it didn't hit anything solid like a tree trunk?

Would distances change greatly with lighter or heavier caliber?

That's a wide open kind of question, for sure. Many factors involved. Barrel length. Bullet caliber. Etc. Etc.

Anyway, I'd say if it didn't hit anything, a typical 9mm, or 40, or some such handgun caliber could travel between a couple hundred yards maybe up to a mile or more.

There's lots of stuff on the magical interwebs about this topic. My daddy used to always warn us kids that a .22 could travel a mile or more. NO SHOOTIN' IN THE AIR!!!

@lstiff, i totally agree. with the exception of the drug addiction. Alcoholic? Heck yes, he has all the trademarks; bloating & redness in the face, etc...No judgement.

My problem is the shell corporations masked in real estate. "Milton Murdaugh Farm" etc, that property specifically yielding 50K a year in cattle profits. Perhaps MM was the mastermind. maybe RM the deceased, or RM the elder son had a hand in this. The former lived in a pretty modest home, nothing like the acreage that AM had on the books. IMO what we are all attributing to "wealth" isn't necessarily such a moniker. In my neck of the woods, a 17 foot center console isn't at all a measure of prosperity, rather a "poor man's boat"...
An old one too. Maybe it was a second boat just for the buys. I thought I saw a larger boat under a silver cover in the pictures of the ranch.

JMO

stattlic, If I were to stand on the side of the road facing the woods and shot a 9mm handgun into those woods, approximately how far could it go if it didn't hit anything solid like a tree trunk?

Would distances change greatly with lighter or heavier caliber?
omg physics class from many years ago...yes distance will change with caliber and velocity. 9mm will go about 2500 yards if fired parrellel to the ground. it drops at 32 ft/sec

I will surely refrain from public debate on the topic, though the following is a good read for anyone unfamiliar with the differences between assault rifles, assault weapons, semi automatic rifles/handguns, etc. It really does give a good analysis of the topic. It also cites numerous sources, including the United States Defense Department's Defense Intelligence Agency book Small Arms Identification and Operation Guide, among many others.

Rational Basis Analysis of "Assault Weapon" Prohibition
That actually was pretty interesting to read. The citation was pretty bad (to a 1987 edition of a document meant for use in Eurasian Communist countries) but it led me to see that at least in the 20th century it was a pretty standardized term for the military to use internally, for soldiers' reference on military issue weapons.

However this also led to me discovering that, in an article updated just in the last week, Mirriam-Webster has defined it in this way as well. I'm more of an Oxford man myself but I cannot deny that Mirriam-Webster is an authoritative source.

Last edited:
Hypothetically, could it be possible the money was MM's and when she got suspicious about money missing from a joint bank account she hired a forensic auditor an argument ensued whereby someone grabbed a shotgun and PM got between them thus getting hit with the shotgun blast. MM takes off running and someone grabs a AR 15 type gun with an infrared scope (it would be VERY dark at 9:00PM on 1770 acres with a long driveway as this property was) to shoot her with. Assuming the guns were kept in the shed by the dog kennels of course. Hypothetically of course.

Stupid question, but what does 'the knife being linked to AM' actually mean? it was found in his car? had his prints on it? was part of a set in one of his homes? was found yards away and matched the flat tire/slashed tire? why can't anyone actually say HOW it was linked?

(nevermind, i already know the answer)

this is why I don't believe a word from LE, msm, or griffin (not that either of them said it). It's just rhetorical bullshpit IMO.

Initial reports stated that AM told authorities that he’d been out shooting when he came home and found his wife and son deceased. SLED has neither confirmed or denied this, as well as his “ironclad alibi” that his brothers stated about him taking his father to the hospital that evening. I smell a very large rat.
I know nothing about guns, but can someone confirm that it’s nearly impossible to commit suicide with a shotgun like the one PM was shot with? Could it have been a family argument amongst the three of them and two of them had guns? There must be a logical scenario since law enforcement quickly stated there was no threat to the public and there were no public searches for perpetrators. Could AM have possibly claimed self defense and still attended the funerals?

Son from powerful family 'was target of shooting at family's hunting lodge that also killed his mom' | Daily Mail Online

What is going on with this family's lawyer?
Maybe he’s being paid with opioids? JMO. YMMV
Here's what is visible before the paywall:

A newly released incident report reveals how little information authorities had in the chaotic moments after Alex Murdaugh, a prominent attorney whose wife and son were shot to death in June, was himself shot — but not “visibly” injured — Sept. 4 in rural Hampton County.
SBBM. It seems to be the clarion call of the local authorities when dealing with ANYTHING having to do with the Murdaugh’s. Going back YEARS— SS, GS, MB, whatever. LE is confused and chaotic. It’s beyond laughable and quite ridiculous. JMO.

at this point I feel like why don't we just make up whatever we want...it's bound to be part of an explanation at some point.
It just gets weird and weirder.
I missed the part about good samaritans wisking AM away to a helicopter.

Last edited:
Could the lawyer purposely be flooding the media with misinformation, so that when the trial comes, he'll try to use a 'fake news' defense; which could possibly show incompetence by the police in their handling of this investigation; which could taint the re-investigations of Stephen Smith and the housekeeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier