SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Police now say Alex Murdaugh was visibly injured following Saturday's shooting

Murdaugh says a truck passed him before turning around a few o yards later in front of St. John Baptist Church and coming back.

Griffin said Murdaugh and the truck's occupants had a brief interaction about the car trouble and when Murdaugh looked away he heard a gunshot and the car sped off. Griffin said Murdaugh did not recognize the occupants, but was able to describe them to SLED investigators.

Does the church have securety cams?

UPDATE: Police now say Alex Murdaugh was visibly injured following Saturday's shooting

Murdaugh says a truck passed him before turning around a few o yards later in front of St. John Baptist Church and coming back.

Griffin said Murdaugh and the truck's occupants had a brief interaction about the car trouble and when Murdaugh looked away he heard a gunshot and the car sped off. Griffin said Murdaugh did not recognize the occupants, but was able to describe them to SLED investigators.

According to a news story from the Today show yesterday, yes, there is at least one security camera at the church. Hopefully more- fingers crossed!

I just wonder if video from that church just up the road from where allegedly AM was shot has the supposed truck shooters driving by. Has to be some way to see if anyone was even close to him by phone time records or video footage. Just wondering about this. Something big will give soon MOO.Mind-boggling story.

Murdaugh Murders: South Carolina Attorney General Will Handle Prosecutions, Sources Say

"South Carolina attorney general Alan Wilson’s office will prosecute any charges – and handle any appeals – filed in connection with the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ double homicide. The office will also handle any charges and appeals filed in connection with related criminal investigations into this prominent Palmetto State family. That’s according to multiple sources familiar with the current thinking of the state’s top prosecutor.

Wilson has not announced his decision to take the Murdaugh case because, as of this moment, no charges have been filed in connection with any of the criminal inquiries related to this family – which is currently at the center of a made-for-Hollywood unspooling.

“There’s no case to take right now,” a source close to Wilson told me this week. “But there is no indication he intends to reassign anything to another solicitor.”

Wilson was not immediately available to comment on the matter. And his spokesman, Robert Kittle, declined to address the reports."

<snip>

"To its credit, Wilson’s office distinguished itself by its handling of the boat crash prosecution. Specifically, Paul Murdaugh was indicted on three felony boating under the influence (BUI) charges in connection with the crash – charges which could have landed him behind bars for decades."

Say wut?

I wonder if his first order of business (once any charges are filed) will be to slap a gag order on everyone he can? At least then we'll be spared from any more of Mr. Griffin's constantly evolving mini-series reports.

Initially I was wondering why he would take the back road. Personally, if my family members were recently murdered, I would be in constant state of heightened awareness and I would probably stick to the most visible, travelled roads possible. No back roads for me. But then I thought (and iirc it was mentioned earlier) that if he was having car troubles from initially leaving home, maybe it was smarter to take roads allowing for slower speeds. However from one of his lawyer's many comments, the alert light came on as he was driving. So there's that.

I can *maybe* understand if the Moselle property wasn't covered by cameras initially, but after the murders, it would seem foolish to not install them, at least near the residence and where vehicles were kept. That makes sense, right? Where and how would someone have knifed the tire?

HIGHLY unlikely but I do wonder if a tracking device was put on his car.

Maggie Murdaugh owned the Moselle property, while the Edisto property was owned by both Alex and Maggie, according to property records.

In December 2016, Alex Murdaugh “sold” the Moselle property to Maggie Murdaugh for $5 “and love and affection,” a court document states.

According to Maggie Murdaugh’s Facebook page, Maggie moved to the Edisto property in July 2020.

A hearing in Beach’s wrongful death lawsuit was scheduled for June 10, 2021 — three days after the double homicide.

At that hearing, a judge was supposed to rule on a number of motions in the case, including:

Requiring Alex and Buster Murdaugh to disclose their financial records
Moving the case from Hampton County to Beaufort County, where the crash took place.
That hearing also could have resulted in Paul and Maggie Murdaugh being added to the lawsuit, according to FITSNews sources.

In the lawsuit, Beach’s attorney has asked for the following financial documents:

A list of checking, savings and 401( K) accounts
A list of all investments
Net worth statements
Tax returns

Murdaugh Murders: Beach’s Attorney Makes Move To Secure Claims For Murdaugh Properties

At the time of the double homicide, Alex appeared to be facing a tremendous amount of pressure both personally and financially — especially considering that the June 10 hearing would have likely forced him to reveal his financial troubles.

So was MM having audit done to see where their financial situation was with the firm and her death is what led to the disclosure of missing money?

Was AM taking money to not have to pay out to RB lawsuit?
FITSNews has said...

"This incident – which is also being investigated by SLED – was soon followed by the shocking revelations that Murdaugh was battling an opioid addiction and allegedly embezzling more than $10 million from the prestigious Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm where he and his family members have worked for decades."

10 million, it that winds up being the correct amount, is an awful lot of money to go missing in a three year period from lawyer's fee money accounts and not one lawyer at PMPED missed it? Don't you think it must have been taken over a longer period of time?

In the photograph displayed in connection with this article about investigators having recovered the knife used to slit the tire, the two evidence markers (identified as "4" and "5") shown on the ground appear to be over tiny pieces of red rubber (or plastic or latex), like a tiny red toy balloon that has been deflated or exploded. It also appears some of the officers might be carrying something red in their left hands (those could be red evidence flags of some kind or something like that) and there are a couple red splotches past the crime scene tape at the side of the roadway. What could those little pieces of red rubber/plastic/latex under the evidence markers have to do with the events of that day?

Sources: Investigators Recover Knife Used To Puncture Alex Murdaugh’s Tire

FITSNews has said...

"This incident – which is also being investigated by SLED – was soon followed by the shocking revelations that Murdaugh was battling an opioid addiction and allegedly embezzling more than $10 million from the prestigious Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm where he and his family members have worked for decades."

10 million, it that winds up being the correct amount, is an awful lot of money to go missing in a three year period from lawyer's fee money accounts and not one lawyer at PMPED missed it? Don't you think it must have been taken over a longer period of time?

Maybe his hand was not the only one in the cookie jar.

If the knife is traced back to AM could he have slashed his tire after the shooting? Would it have been hard to explain why he was stopped on the side of a back road. Maybe he was meeting someone and something went wrong with that meeting? Sorry Mods if I should not have posted this possibility. I am in no way saying this happened it is just an idea. moo

This county is a hot mess. I’ve never seen a sheriffs department make me want to d e f u n d the police more than this one. What a dumpster fire!!!

Initially I was wondering why he would take the back road. Personally, if my family members were recently murdered, I would be in constant state of heightened awareness and I would probably stick to the most visible, travelled roads possible. No back roads for me. But then I thought (and iirc it was mentioned earlier) that if he was having car troubles from initially leaving home, maybe it was smarter to take roads allowing for slower speeds. However from one of his lawyer's many comments, the alert light came on as he was driving. So there's that.

I can *maybe* understand if the Moselle property wasn't covered by cameras initially, but after the murders, it would seem foolish to not install them, at least near the residence and where vehicles were kept. That makes sense, right? Where and how would someone have knifed the tire?

HIGHLY unlikely but I do wonder if a tracking device was put on his car.

it’s also not the direct route to Charleston. It’s way out of the way!!

In the photograph displayed in connection with this article about investigators having recovered the knife used to slit the tire, the two evidence markers (identified as "4" and "5") shown on the ground appear to be over tiny pieces of red rubber (or plastic or latex), like a tiny red toy balloon that has been deflated or exploded. It also appears some of the officers might be carrying something red in their left hands (those could be red evidence flags of some kind or something like that) and there are a couple red splotches past the crime scene tape at the side of the roadway. What could those little pieces of red rubber/plastic/latex under the evidence markers have to do with the events of that day?

Sources: Investigators Recover Knife Used To Puncture Alex Murdaugh’s Tire

Jmo

That is the same pic that was used in some of the articles pertaining to the mosselle property, probably a file photo.

Very interesting updated report on the AM shooting incident. Never saw so many redacted statements and wrong boxes checked by LE.
Smells to high Heaven of a cover up in my MOO.
It’s important to remember that the sheriff’s department that screwed that document up, is not the investigative agency here. They responded, gathered some information, and secured the scene until SLED arrived.

So it’s annoying, but nothing to be concerned about.

If the knife is traced back to AM could he have slashed his tire after the shooting? Would it have been hard to explain why he was stopped on the side of a back road. Maybe he was meeting someone and something went wrong with that meeting? Sorry Mods if I should not have posted this possibility. I am in no way saying this happened it is just an idea. moo

The knife HAS been traced back to him. (Per Fitsnews). I don’t think there ever was a gun. I think the graze wound was caused by the knife. If there were a gun, he would have gunshot residue on his hands, and he’s not going to take that chance. I think he cut himself, flattened his tire, and then drove down the road. That’s why they found blood inside the car. IMO, the church security camera will show that there never was any other car on that road except for him.

FITSNews has said...

Interesting timing. The family properties were transferred into Alex' wife's name in Dec 2016. Three years ago he began embezzling. It almost appears as though he was spending beyond his means, he decided to embezzle, he tried to protect family assets by separating his name from the assets, and then he started stealing from the firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member