SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this story has the expansive ramifications much farther along and even outside of South Carolina that the recent FITnews story suggests I think AM may be a very weak, weak link to be facing immense and public legal scrutiny, and be a risk to many influential people.

If AM had an "accident" or failed rehab to succumb to an "overdose", a lot of books would be quietly closed and put away in vault, methinks.

wait, I’m confused. We don’t pay taxes on cars in California annually. You either pay it when you purchase the car and it is calculated into your payments, or it’s calculated into your lease payments if you lease. There is an annual registration fee, but no annual “car taxes.”

Both of those cars were over $100,000, so I would assume they probably just leased them. That’s usually what rich people do so they can just turn it in for a new car every three years.

Does SC have annual car taxes like property taxes?

Yes, you pay them on leased and purchased car annually to the county that you have your car registered in. My question about leasing has alwayss been why is the person who leased a vehicle obligated to pay taxes on something they don't own, they basically rent? JMO

We don't know about the 24 hours leading up to the murders of Alex's wife and son. If their vehicle(s) is not at the kennel, the they walked from the house.

Alex said that he returned home and he was next to his car when he discovered the bodies.

I'm guessing that Alex was staying at Moselle and that he would ensure that the dog(s) was looking after before visiting his father at 9 PM at hospital.

I'm just catching up, and someone else might have already responded, but where did you come up with the 'visiting his father at 9 PM at hospital' come from? There is no known timeline for the day, that I am aware of.

wait, I’m confused. We don’t pay taxes on cars in California annually. You either pay it when you purchase the car and it is calculated into your payments, or it’s calculated into your lease payments if you lease. There is an annual registration fee, but no annual “car taxes.”

Both of those cars were over $100,000, so I would assume they probably just leased them. That’s usually what rich people do so they can just turn it in for a new car every three years.

Does SC have annual car taxes like property taxes?
I would agree that those expensive autos were more than likely leased.

MOO

I'm just catching up, and someone else might have already responded, but where did you come up with the 'visiting his father at 9 PM at hospital' come from? There is no known timeline for the day, that I am aware of.

Alex called 911 from Moselle at 10:07 PM. The victims were shot between 9-9:30 PM. Given driving time, Alex would have been at the hospital between 9-9:30 PM. This is witness statement, not police statement.

"Alex Murdaugh's brothers told Good Morning America in an interview last week that he was visiting his father in the hospital and checking on his mother and found his wife and son shot when he returned home."
https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...d-little-new-light-on-south-carolina-killings

"According to ABC News' Eva Pilgrim, Alex discovered the bodies after returning from taking his father, former 14th Circuit Solicitor Randolph Murdaugh, III, to the hospital."
Murdaugh family speaks for first time since mother, son murdered | ABC News Exclusive

i’m referring to the first part. Where he says “the murders have CAUSED an incredibly difficult time in my life and I have made some decisions I regret.”

i’m reading that as whatever he did, he did it after the murders. Namely, the embezzlement.

I agree with you that the last part implies he has had a long-standing drug addiction, which has grown worse recently, but I don’t believe he has a drug addiction. I think that’s a cover to keep police away from him and explain his behaviors.

BBM
I thought that meant that 'what he did' was fake a shooting. I don't think he was referring to the embezzlement. Of course I might be wrong on that.

I was thinking if MM was there because she was asked to be there somehow, maybe she loves dogs and just wanted some happy canine greetings. If AM was living at Moselle and they were having problems maybe MM didn't want to go up to the house so she just stopped at kennel area knowing thats the entrance used for family coming and goings? PM if he was staying with her would have also been right there or like I said before, maybe he was being picked up or possibly wanted to stay there that night?

All sorts of senarios are possible.
All that follows is purely Speculation:

It is my impression that MM was not fond of the kennels nor do I think PM was residing at Moselle. It's unclear where AM lived so I will speculate it may have been at Moselle. Why else would he be arriving there at that time of night?

I do believe the ones executed were summoned to the area for what, to them, seemed to be an innocuous reason.

Moselle is a hunting lodge. AM hunted ducks and tiny quail. Think if the target was larger. I also believe his sons, PM and BM, were excellent marksmen.

I've tried to imagine why the bodies were not close together but seeing the images we have of LEO on the property, surely the bodies were not far from one another at the kennels. Yes? Maybe PM was running when he was shot if his mom was first.

I cannot explain how they arrived at Moselle. By example, there were two vehicles registered to the law firm, att. One of them was towed but not the other one.

Can we assume MM drove one of the vehicles registered to the firm? Did she give Paul a lift since they were going to the same location?

I don't think there's a hired hit involved for the risks of being blackmailed are too high. However, I certainly could be wrong..

It doesn't matter whether anyone gently suggested alternatives to driving the boat. If adults were present, alcohol was available, Paul was visibly drunk, and none of the adults who brought alcohol to the party prevented Paul from driving drunk, then I think that Buster cannot be held 100% liable for Paul's drunkenness.

But the civil suit is about the kids buying alcohol with BM's ID. So they didn't necessarily get supplied with alcohol by others at the party. And, according to one podcast...so treat this as complete rumour, the young woman, whose house the oyster roast was held at, apparently offered to them to stay overnight as they were concerned. (of course this might be an 'after-the-tragedy' comment.)

LE has not publicly stated that AM was at the hospital at 9 pm. There is no reliable timeline of that day other than the 911 call (10:07 pm) and the coroner giving the time of death as 9-9:30 pm.

All that follows is purely Speculation:

It is my impression that MM was not fond of the kennels nor do I think PM was residing at Moselle. It's unclear where AM lived so I will speculate it may have been at Moselle. Why else would he be arriving there at that time of night?

I do believe the ones executed were summoned to the area for what, to them, seemed to be an innocuous reason.

Moselle is a hunting lodge. AM hunted ducks and tiny quail. Think if the target was larger. I also believe his sons, PM and BM, were excellent marksmen.

I've tried to imagine why the bodies were not close together but seeing the images we have of LEO on the property, surely the bodies were not far from one another at the kennels. Yes? Maybe PM was running when he was shot if his mom was first.

I cannot explain how they arrived at Moselle. By example, there were two vehicles registered to the law firm, att. One of them was towed but not the other one.

Can we assume MM drove one of the vehicles registered to the firm? Did she give Paul a lift since they were going to the same location?

I don't think there's a hired hit involved for the risks of being blackmailed are too high. However, I certainly could be wrong..

BBM. "On Tuesday, June 15, SLED and the Colleton County Coroner's Office stated that the Murdaugh autopsies are complete and confirmed that both victims died from multiple gunshot wounds sometime between 9 and 9:30 p.m. on Monday, June 7. Their bodies were found outside the residence, relatively close to each other, on the ground near a dog kennel."
Murdaugh homicide: Autopsy details, SLED timeline released

Alex called 911 from Moselle at 10:07 PM. The victims were shot between 9-9:30 PM. Given driving time, Alex would have been at the hospital between 9-9:30 PM. This is witness statement, not police statement.

"Alex Murdaugh's brothers told Good Morning America in an interview last week that he was visiting his father in the hospital and checking on his mother and found his wife and son shot when he returned home."
https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...d-little-new-light-on-south-carolina-killings

"According to ABC News' Eva Pilgrim, Alex discovered the bodies after returning from taking his father, former 14th Circuit Solicitor Randolph Murdaugh, III, to the hospital."
Murdaugh family speaks for first time since mother, son murdered | ABC News Exclusive

This was all based on the weak statement that came through the brothers (who likely relied on Alex's comments) that he had taken his father to the hospital that day, and then stopped in to check in on his mother. No one knows yet what the timeline was. Heck, he could have arrived back at Moselle at 8pm for all we know.

Here's one possible scenario: AM takes his father to the hospital in the late afternoon and spends time with his dad. MM and PM stop by to see grandpa, as the end is nigh. AM suggests that they head home and he wants to stop in to check on his mother. Someone/some people are waiting for them there.

Just a made up scenario on my part. It might be, and very likely is, very far from what actually happened.

I have had a completely flat tire and drove on it. As long as you keep it to about 20 or 30 MPH long enough to get it somewhere safe it doesn't hurt the tire. That's saying of course it doesn't have a bow out.

JMO
I don't know what kind of flat tire you drove on but you can do lots of damage to a tire, and the wheel, by driving on it.

I don't know what kind of flat tire you drove on but you can do lots of damage to a tire, and the wheel, by driving on it.

You just brought back a bad memory for me. We were visiting Sicily and the Inn's owners' son was driving us to the airport. His tire went flat so he started driving slowly, but he kept driving. We asked if we should flag down another car so that we wouldn't miss our flight, be he was determined to get us there. He absolutely ruined his wheel! We felt so guilty.

Having said that, my husband's vehicle has run-flats, and he's pretty confident, but definitely not sure, that he could hobble to a nearby service centre without ruining the rim. I don't know.

I just can't imagine how the shooter(s) could have been surprised by Paul coming to check on shots fired. They should have been able to see him coming from the house or heard him driving up the lane with plenty of time to flee. I know this story about Maggie independently checking into the family finances makes her much more of a target but I still think Paul was the primary target, I am dubious of the story that one of the weapons belonged to the family. I also haven't listened to the 911 call but isn't it possible that Alex was saying something along the lines of "Paul, I told you not to get involved with those people (who presumably killed you)"?

But the civil suit is about the kids buying alcohol with BM's ID. So they didn't necessarily get supplied with alcohol by others at the party. And, according to one podcast...so treat this as complete rumour, the young woman, whose house the oyster roast was held at, apparently offered to them to stay overnight as they were concerned. (of course this might be an 'after-the-tragedy' comment.)

Offering to call an uber or offering a sleepover is not good enough. Several people at the party, teens and adults, knew that Paul was too drunk to drive a boat and did nothing. Indeed, Paul used his brother ID to buy alcohol, but if he drank alcohol that was provided by other adults at the party, then, in my opinion, an argument can be made that they have some responsibility for allowing him to consume their alcohol and to drive a boat from the party while clearly intoxicated.

death-certificate-756x1024.jpeg (756×1024) (fitsnews.com)
death-certificate-756x1024.jpeg

For your convenience and study, I just added some early photos of the June 7 Moselle crime area on the media thread. A close study may provide new insights now that we have the 911 recording and a lot of discussion and speculation has ensued.

Just fyi, I feel like there is an area of gravel in front of the sheltered kennels that looks just slightly darker than the rest. It's toward the cages and field end of kennels, also where in one photo you see a few investigators talking several yards away.

I am still finding it difficult to see how AM came driving in -- study the path he most likely would have driven around the red-roof bldg and starting across the grass -- and would have seen their bodies near the kennels. It doesn't seem likely. This is what I keep going over and over in my mind -- the aerials v. the 911 recording.
Just posted PM's Death certificate in media thread and here also for those with a paywall.

When I had to go to Pain Management for my back 15 years after my addiction they did an in house test that told them if I had the correct Opioid in my system but they also sent off the sample to look for several other categories of drugs. I’m betting they did at least an in hospital test to see what was in his system at that time.MOO

LE has not publicly stated that AM was at the hospital at 9 pm. There is no reliable timeline of that day other than the 911 call (10:07 pm) and the coroner giving the time of death as 9-9:30 pm.

We have the witness statement from Alex that he was at the hospital with his father before returning home to discover the bodies.

Feel free to ignore witness statements, but I'm going to accept Alex Murdaugh's statement about where he was before discovering the bodies at face value. If police at some point announce that Alex lied about where he was just before discovering the bodies, then I'll change my understanding of the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theatreteach17