SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were rumours early on that Paul's apartment door was unlocked. Apparently that's where he was last known to be alive prior to unexpectedly being at Moselle?

I believe school had already been out for summer break (around the end of May), the maintenance man found his college apartment door open the day after PM had been killed. Not sure where PM was staying at the time of the slayings.

100 yards would be 300 feet. That's interesting, because 300 feet is not near the kennels. It would be in between the house and kennels, but closer to the house.

Distance from house to kennel looks like 1000 feet, or 350 yards.

View attachment 312142

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Map

Another question - some reports state that Paul was shot with a shotgun, and Maggie was shot with an assault rifle (above link), other reports reverse which weapon was used.

My understanding is Paul was shot with an assault rifle and Maggie was shot with a shotgun. Is that correct?

I've read that Paul was shot twice in the face/chest with the shotgun, and Maggy several times with the assault rifle.

EDT: PM's autopsy report was released but Maggy's has not been, with no answer I've seen as to why.

That is what I understood as well. This?

If this the kennel location, what were Paul and Maggie doing there 9-9:30 PM? Looks like 1000 ft from the feet.

View attachment 312141

I think there are sheltered kennels and then the cages for nice days. The sheltered kennels (marked) are between the red-roof bldg and the trees -- the coroner's truck was parked there.
upload_2021-9-11_0-13-29.png
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/moselle-kennels-crime-scene-jpg.306367/

ADDED: My thought has been that the bodies were found either on that gravel in front of the sheltered kennels or maybe just to the right in the grass just pass the cages. I'm basing that on where the coroner's van is parked and where LE/SLED had gathered during the site investigation. Just from a convenience stand point, I don't think LE would have been concentrated around that red-roof bldg if the bodies had been found out in the field or up the driveway heading toward the main house.

Last edited:
100 yards from the house, or next to the kennel, or poor judge of distance?

View attachment 312144
I've read in various articles and postings several different figures for the location of bodies relative to the main house and relative to the caretaker's house. The figures on my aerials were calculated by Google from point A to point B (not my math!).

I'm going with near kennel not 100 from the main house as AM said they were near the kennels. I'd also wondered in some reports if whomever was saying 100yds from house was assuming the caretaker's home on the road was the Murdaugh's home not knowing the main house was so far back on the property.

I believe school had already been out for summer break (around the end of May), the maintenance man found his college apartment door open the day after PM had been killed. Not sure where PM was staying at the time of the slayings.

Thank you! I read something about Paul keeping the student apartment but living mostly elsewhere for Summer. If he was last seen at the apartment, and the apartment door was found open, does that mean he left willingly, unwillingly, forgetful?

Next thing is he was unexpectedly dead at the wrong place, so why was he there and why didn't he lock his apartment? Why was Maggie at Moselle? Where was she before she was unexpectedly there?

I've read that Paul was shot twice in the face/chest with the shotgun, and Maggy several times with the assault rifle.

EDT: PM's autopsy report was released but Maggy's has not been, with no answer I've seen as to why.

That does eliminate the hypothetical that Paul took the shotgun to explore barking dogs. He was shot with the shotgun, meaning the shooter already had that weapon.

What's surprising is that the shooter also had an assault rifle, and that two different weapons were used on mother and son together - feels a bit personal. Think about it - planning out which gun to use on which victim: mother and son. That seems personal.

Thank you! I read something about Paul keeping the student apartment but living mostly elsewhere for Summer. If he was last seen at the apartment, and the apartment door was found open, does that mean he left willingly, unwillingly, forgetful?

Next thing is he was unexpectedly dead at the wrong place, so why was he there and why didn't he lock his apartment? Why was Maggie at Moselle? Where was she before she was unexpectedly there?

I love to know the timeline of everyone involved on that day!

I have no link but I read that Paul was staying with an uncle in that area once school was out, maybe sticking close because grandpa wasn't expected to live much longer. Maybe also why Maggy was at Moselle instead of Edisto but who knows, we really haven't been given too many facts to go on.

I think the apartment door being found open right after his death makes some think he might have had something in the apartment someone else wanted - some evidence better left unseen by others, possibly.

That does eliminate the hypothetical that Paul took the shotgun to explore barking dogs. He was shot with the shotgun, meaning the shooter already had that weapon.

What's surprising is that the shooter also had an assault rifle, and that two different weapons were used on mother and son together - feels a bit personal. Think about it - planning out which gun to use on which victim: mother and son. That seems personal.

Yes, it looks very personal, esp. the shooting of him in the face. And considering they haven't released Maggy's autopsy report still, there must be something about her death that would raise eyebrows (at least).

Now that FITs News is allowed here, I believe they reported that one of the guns belongs to the Murdaughs (but it wasn't stated if the other also did). I've used up my free article views there so can't search up the link, maybe someone here has seen or can link it.

I think the reason for the two guns is that there were in fact two shooters.

It’s just not normal criminal behavior to use two weapons like that. The rifle would have been more than enough firepower.

Yes, it looks very personal, esp. the shooting of him in the face. And considering they haven't released Maggy's autopsy report still, there must be something about her death that would raise eyebrows (at least).

Now that FITs News is allowed here, I believe they reported that one of the guns belongs to the Murdaughs (but it wasn't stated if the other also did). I've used up my free article views there so can't search up the link, maybe someone here has seen or can link it.
They did, and it’s mentioned in several different articles, to include this one:

Four Weeks After Double Homicide, Alex Murdaugh Filed A Lawsuit In Another Boat Crash Case

Also last week, a source told FITSNews that at least one of the weapons used in the double homicide belonged to the Murdaugh family.

Do you recall where you saw that the embezzlement occurred over a period of three years?
I was answering another poster, I'm sorry I can't recall the name, who had mention a three year time frame concerning the embezzlement. Then I was reading it was possibly over 10 million! (which I sited) I just thought that was a short period of time to have taken so much and the other lawyers, whose fees it's supposed are what AM took, didn't notice their money gone.

I was answering another poster, I'm sorry I can't recall the name, who had mention a three year time frame concerning the embezzlement. Then I was reading it was possibly over 10 million! (which I sited) I just thought that was a short period of time to have taken so much and the other lawyers, whose fees it's supposed are what AM took, didn't notice their money gone.

I heard that he's suspected of dipping into trusts supervised by the law firm, and not the funds of the firm itself. That's even worse, if it's true.

For your convenience and study, I just added some early photos of the June 7 Moselle crime area on the media thread. A close study may provide new insights now that we have the 911 recording and a lot of discussion and speculation has ensued.

Just fyi, I feel like there is an area of gravel in front of the sheltered kennels that looks just slightly darker than the rest. It's toward the cages and field end of kennels, also where in one photo you see a few investigators talking several yards away.

I am still finding it difficult to see how AM came driving in -- study the path he most likely would have driven around the red-roof bldg and starting across the grass -- and would have seen their bodies near the kennels. It doesn't seem likely. This is what I keep going over and over in my mind -- the aerials v. the 911 recording.

Last edited:
I love to know the timeline of everyone involved on that day!

I have no link but I read that Paul was staying with an uncle in that area once school was out, maybe sticking close because grandpa wasn't expected to live much longer. Maybe also why Maggy was at Moselle instead of Edisto but who knows, we really haven't been given too many facts to go on.

I think the apartment door being found open right after his death makes some think he might have had something in the apartment someone else wanted - some evidence better left unseen by others, possibly.

That would explain unlocked doors and unexpected locations - Alex's father was taken to hospital, his mother needs care, the family would have been bracing for Alex' father's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee