SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MM and PM were at the dog kennels at around 9pm. Both were shot multiple times, MM with an assault rifle, PM with a shotgun. A mere handgun to do the job apparently was not sufficient - whoever murdered them clearly wanted to make 100% sure they were DEAD in the most destructive, gruesome way possible. I posit that the use of these two devastating weapons evokes these as killings of rage, not merely utilitarian 'revenge', in which an ordinary pistol or rifle would suffice. So why use TWO very different types of firearms?

THEORIES:

1) Two actual killers.

2) Falsely make it appear there were two killers to throw off investigators.

3) MM and PM were not killed at the exact same time. The bodies were found yards from each other (a few yards? 10? 20?).

Did the first gun malfunction and a second (backup) had to be used?

What or who caused them to go to the kennels at 9 at night? Conveniently for the killer, the kennels are tucked among stands of trees, far away from any home security cameras.

Were they each somehow lured to the kennels separately? i.e. Was MM living at Edisto at this time? Was Paul living at Moselle or his apartment (and what about that open front door)?

Did the killer plan for the second victim to arrive after the first one? (i.e. easier to control one person at a time than two.)

So many, many questions!

I believe Paul was home (Moselle) for the summer. He had just finished his junior year at USC and was home with his parents.

I do not know where Maggie was living. There has been speculation she was living at the beach house at Edisto, but I don’t know if that’s true. I think it’s possible she was staying at Moselle due to Granddaddy Murdaugh’s impending death.

There is a rumor is that Paul was shot first, and was tortured before his death. I actually read this as well but the article was not from an approved WS source. If that is true, it lends credibility to your theory that mother and son were not killed at the same time.

Also, I have read that investigators believe the crime scene may have been manipulated. It makes me wonder if perhaps it was made to look like a revenge killing in an effort to steer investigators away from the true motive. MOO

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/06/09/law-enforcement-sources-alex-murdaugh-person-of-interest-in-south-carolina-double-homicide-investigation/

I believe Paul was home (Moselle) for the summer. He had just finished his junior year at USC and was home with his parents.

I do not know where Maggie was living. There has been speculation she was living at the beach house at Edisto, but I don’t know if that’s true. I think it’s possible she was staying at Moselle due to Granddaddy Murdaugh’s impending death.

There is a rumor is that Paul was shot first, and was tortured before his death. I actually read this as well but the article was not from an approved WS source. If that is true, it lends credibility to your theory that mother and son were not killed at the same time.

Also, I have read that investigators believe the crime scene may have been manipulated. It makes me wonder if perhaps it was made to look like a revenge killing in an effort to steer investigators away from the true motive. MOO

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/06/09/law-enforcement-sources-alex-murdaugh-person-of-interest-in-south-carolina-double-homicide-investigation/

If the crime scene was tampered with to throw investigators off, that could also be the reason for two guns and shooting at kennels rather than inside, which would contain some forensics. If throwing off LE was part of planning hard to tease out relevant details and maybe why it’s taking so long.

If it’s true that the boy was tortured that seems to make him more the focus and mom collateral. Also disturbing rumors concerning mom, but not MSM. So IDK.

MOO.

Where is everyone tonight? Guess no new developments, nothing much to discuss. Just when I finally got caught up!

If the crime scene was tampered with to throw investigators off, that could also be the reason for two guns and shooting at kennels rather than inside, which would contain some forensics. If throwing off LE was part of planning hard to tease out relevant details and maybe why it’s taking so long.

If it’s true that the boy was tortured that seems to make him more the focus and mom collateral. Also disturbing rumors concerning mom, but not MSM. So IDK.

MOO.

Where is everyone tonight? Guess no new developments, nothing much to discuss. Just when I finally got caught up!

I agree with you. I still tend to think Maggie was the target and the rest might have been staging. As far as where our fellow sleuths have gone, I’d guess Gabby has grabbed their attention.

I agree with you. I still tend to think Maggie was the target and the rest might have been staging. As far as where our fellow sleuths have gone, I’d guess Gabby has grabbed their attention.
I think it was prob MM, too, but with that motivation hard to know why the other person was tortured, but then that is a rumor so might not be true.

I have not been aware of Gabby until yesterday when folks said the popularity of her case might have been slowing this site. Then I heard on radio they found her body out west and LE was searching her Fla. home and her fiancé (?) was also missing.

Even though I recently joined WS for the Murdaugh case, I did get sucked into the Gabby Petito case for the past two days. Yesterday/last night was insanity re: sheer number of posts. Today too.

Still so very interested in how deep/far the Murdaugh cases will go re: leads to other people and groups for crimes and collusion (as seems to be happening in the GS sons' case) or what will be closed/protected before things are revealed.

I did wonder if AM is comfy at "rehab" today and how long he will remain there.

I know this is not the Vallow case….but LV was given 2 treatments time frames to be declared competent by state medical personnel. Does the same thing apply to AM case? Does AM have so many days of a set drug treatment before he can have another hearing. Or is this all different because he is being treated privately vs the state? I know different states have different rules. Just wondering if AM can stay in the treatment facility for how ever long he wants, not hat he needs.

thanks….

I believe others have said MM posted on social media she was moving into the beach house in Edisto?

I believe others have said MM posted on social media she was moving into the beach house in Edisto?

She did, but her obit says she spent summers there, so I don’t know if she was there as usual, or because of a separation, as some have theorized. Either way, I don’t think too much should be based around the idea she should have been at the beach house. They knew Grandaddy was not long for this world, and Edisto is over an hour away. Maybe she wanted to be close. MOO

I did wonder if AM is comfy at "rehab" today and how long he will remain there.

I'm wondering if he's at "rehab" at all - especially since it's supposedly "out of state". ETA: What, they don't have snazzy, 5 Star private rehabs in SC?! lol

AM may still have fleeing on the back burner (he paid no bond, he wears no GPS monitor, the filthy rich like him have access to resources and networks the peasants do not) - because it certainly sounds like his entire life is blowing up all around him ... in ways and volume even he can't dominate. We shall see if the Imperial House of Murdaugh remains standing or goes up in flames.

Last edited:
BBM
I don't disagree with ANY of your points, other than the 'everyone' comment. I absolutely agree that if people might not be able to pay funeral expenses, then life insurance makes sense. If a bread-winner dies, that can be catastrophic, and they should have life insurance. If the care-giver dies and you can't afford the cost of other care-givers, then that is catastrophic. If an employer dies, that can be catastrophic for employees. Agree on all of that. I never disagreed. Life insurance is a valuable product. It's very important for so many people.

My point was for people that CAN afford the expenses of the loss, which I presume the Murdaughs can, then they don't need insurance on their children. Insurance does not make sense for them. I thought I made that point clear, but I'm not the best communicator!

You are clearly an amazing, wonderful grandparent (and great-grand)! I wish I was related to you!

Thank you. Not sure my son and grands would agree with you sometimes though.

I don't think AM is as wealthy as he wants everyone to believe he is. OP upthread made the comment they thought AM would rather be thought of as suicidal thief than a poor man. I agree. There is a certain other very famous man who has been running around the last 30 years telling everyone he is a billonaire but yet has had to file bankruptcy 4 times, and we recently found out his income just barely covered his expenses to the extent that he paid less in income taxes than 99% of the rest of the people in the USA does. So I can see AM having life insurance on MM and PM.

JMO

I guess he got a lawyer, finally. He talked to the New York Post of all papers! Showed them around his property, introduced his pets and then proceeded to strongly warn AM about messing with him. Good thing he's finally thinking about some self-preservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member