SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The newspaper also contacted the Sheriff’s Office and emergency medical services in Hampton County. Neither could find any records of deputies or paramedics being sent to treat Satterfield.

Her obituary stated that she died at Trident Medical Center in North Charleston. The Charleston County Coroner’s Office could find no record of her death when contacted by The Post and Courier.

In addition to not paying GS's sons the death settlement, it's like the Murdaughs wanted to erase her very existence. Screaming red flag. Hideous.

AM looks so thin. Maybe the pics I've seen of him heavier are old ones?

Has AM had a chance to scream for his father yet? The old man is rolling over in his fresh grave, for sure. I don’t understand how AM can get into SO MUCH TROUBLE in the two years since the Mallory Beach death to now. His father was alive and well, much of that time. Brothers are alive. Where was everyone? Why weren’t they intervening? Telling AM, get help. Or do you need us. Something. Anything. And?
That’s why I think family was in on this mess. Most, if not all of it. His father “fixed” the Paul problem. And MM divorce problem. He would not sit still for their family going down the tubes. I always thought it was one of the participants in the SS killing. But now, I’m leaning towards family clean up squad. It’ll come out in the wash. This runs deep. Run silent, run deep.

Are any of these charges felonies? And did AM actually commit "insurance fraud" when that part of the plan never took place? Seems like an easy one to have dismissed or adjudged NG, the conspiracy to commit insurance fraud charge seems more likely to stick.

I agree with you. It appears maybe he is being charged with a different insurance fraud case along with the conspiracy to commit insurance fraud. Two separate cases?

Has AM had a chance to scream for his father yet? The old man is rolling over in his fresh grave, for sure. I don’t understand how AM can get into SO MUCH TROUBLE in the two years since the Mallory Beach death to now. His father was alive and well, much of that time. Brothers are alive. Where was everyone? Why weren’t they intervening? Telling AM, get help. Or do you need us. Something. Anything. And?
That’s why I think family was in on this mess. Most, if not all of it. His father “fixed” the Paul problem. And MM divorce problem. He would not sit still for their family going down the tubes. I always thought it was one of the participants in the SS killing. But now, I’m leaning towards family clean up squad. It’ll come out in the wash. This runs deep. Run silent, run deep.
Very, VERY deep...it's going to rock the state and beyond, IMO

E_bBnOQXoAYfk-D

@RileyWJCL

JUST IN: Alex Murdaugh’s mug shot

Just from doing family history research I’ve seen bunches of death certificates from SC and I have never seen one where the cause of death was termed simple “natural”. Even for people who we all say died of old age it never says that. It always some heart thing or some medical speak or something. That applies to recent as well as to wayback time. So it’s a bit puzzling for sure.

In SC, if they are denied bond, or their bond is set too high, they can have another hearing to reconsider, and if they fail at that hearing, or the bond is still too high, they can request again as many times as they want, but they will only get a haring once every six months for bond reductions or denied bond.......unless they can get favors. (remember the "unless they can get favors" part. That will ALWAYS be the case down here.).

ETA: Once every six months, after the first one is heard and they lose. But still 6 months after the initial bond hearing, so if they get a hearing to reconsider a month after they go in, they get another hearing in 5 months and then every 6 months after that.

Sorry, I went to reply on my phone and that's not who I was meaning to reply to and now I can't find it on my phone again, but it was related to the bond hearings..

Last edited:

I don't know exactly what anyone in this family has or hasn't done and it's hard to take any of their words at face value... With that said, assuming AM has had a drug problem for 20 years and if (IF) the attorneys can be believed when they say it's the first time they've ever seen AM sober, I cannot understand the brother saying he was shocked to learn AM used drugs.

In trying to empathize, I guess I can understand that the family wouldn't want to broadcast that he's an addict. I don't know if they are still trying to maintain the family's 'upstanding image' or don't want to admit they looked the other way. If he has an issue with drugs, it is so beyond the time for them to intervene, to be honest with AM and honest with themselves, stop enabling , stop excusing, and start reflecting on mistakes made, crimes committed, etc.

You know, if it helps AM, his family, his lawyers to attribute his past actions on drug use and that allows him to start to come clean and do right by the people he's hurt (financially and otherwise), so be it for now. It is the continued denials, straight up lies, the preoccupation with controlling the narrative that leads me to believe it is deeper and /or that they are maybe not capable or willing to be honest and that leads to WHY.

sorry, just my musings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member