SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Allegations from attorney for Satterfield heirs:
  • Eric Bland says Fleming admits he sent settlements minus attorney fees to Forge llc
  • Bland says Forge llc is a dummy company/account set up by AM and named to sound like a very large GA company called Forge that creates structured settlements (if beneficiary agrees to long term pay out rather than a lump sum)
  • Bland believes upwards of $4 million was recovered for Satterfield heirs, Fleming took 1/3 of that (over $1 million) and sent the rest to AM P.O. Box
  • Bland says the money should have gone to personal representative (CW). Any structured settlement would have had to been agreed to and approved by CW, court, lots of paper work. So Fleming should have known this was not correct step.
Don't you think CW ought to have inquired about the settlement? I mean he was charged with being the boy's representative. I don't think he'd be someone who wasn't able to be involved fully in financial matters in which he's charged to be a responsible party? He IS a Vice President of a big financial institution.

I hope SLED and Palmetto State Bank are posing lots of questions to him right about now.

Last edited:
Don't you think CW ought to have inquired about the settlement? I mean he was charged with being the boy's representative. I don't think he'd be someone who wasn't able to be involved fully in financial matters in which he's charged to be a responsible party? He IS a Vice President of a big financial institution.

I hope SLED and Palmetto State Bank are posing lots of questions to him right about now.
Agreed!

In a letter dated Aug. 11, Solicitor Duffie Stone told South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson that he intended to recuse himself from the investigations into the deaths of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

Letter confirms solicitor removed himself from prosecuting Murdaugh killing cases

Snipped

On Aug. 27, Murdaugh, 53, signed away the right to personally represent the estate for his deceased son Paul, who at age 22 was found murdered at the family’s hunting estate in June,

Alex Murdaugh waived handling of his son's estate days before botched suicide, fraud scheme, records show

Had a thought, but just woke up, so it may make no sense. Could AM have hired CES to kill MM and PM? Then AM got frightened that CES was going to talk, so he called CES to his truck to shoot him, but CES wrestled the gun away from him and took off.

This is highly plausible. I think AM is definitely going to frame someone for the murders. Right now it looks like CES.

It may be why he said he doesn’t advise AM to tangle with him. Hopefully he will rat AM out!

CW is also President of the Board of Directors of Independent Banks of SC

Board of Directors

Murdaugh housekeeper’s heirs are owed at least $3M more, lawyer claims

Murdaugh housekeeper’s heirs are owed at least $3M more, lawyer claims

That lawsuit claims Murdaugh and two other men diverted $505,000 that should have gone to Satterfield’s two sons following her February 2018 death, the report said. Bland told the newspaper he soon plans to name other people as defendants in connection with the allegations but would not provide details.

And to think Randy quickly was all about offering legal presentation to the Smith family. That was a multipurpose move. Seems they like to be involved in cases that could be a problem for them. As well as pocket some money.

Alex refused to participate in the Smith investigation which I assume happened once they knew someone else was going to help the Smiths.

Had a thought, but just woke up, so it may make no sense. Could AM have hired CES to kill MM and PM? Then AM got frightened that CES was going to talk, so he called CES to his truck to shoot him, but CES wrestled the gun away from him and took off.
Seems like a risky place to try to kill someone. Passing traffic etc. JMO.

Griffin said Murdaugh was changing the tire on his car along Salkehatchie Road when a truck passed him.

The vehicle turned around and drove back in Murdaugh's direction, with someone shooting at him from the car, he said.

Legal heir called 911 after shot in head while changing tire, three months after family shot dead | Daily Mail Online

In a statement, attorneys Harpootlian and Jim Griffin said their client "is not without fault" but added his "life has been devastated by an opioid addiction."
"For the last 20 years, there have been many people feeding his addiction to opioids," the attorneys said. "During that time, these individuals took advantage of his addiction and his ability to pay substantial funds for illegal drugs. One of those individuals took advantage of his mental illness and agreed to take Alex's life, by shooting him in the head."

Alex Murdaugh's attorney says Murdaugh will turn himself in Thursday - CNN

“I get a call from Alex that Saturday afternoon to come to where he was and I thought it was maybe to fix something,” Smith said, gesturing to a silver Chevy pickup he said was his work truck. “I had no idea what he wanted, I just went over there.”

Accused Alex Murdaugh shooter says he was set up by prominent lawyer

The picture of CES sitting on his porch in front of his house looks a lot different then the court picture, I have to say that I think it was intentional.

Jmo

Does one think that Gloria Satterfields 2 sons are the only clients that have been swindled?

Seems very, very unlikely. It doesn't make sense to me that this sort is an isolated aberration. They had a nice little setup with professionals in the right places, unsuspecting victims. It wouldn't surprise me if there has been exploitation of folks in personal and professional circles.

Maybe Attorney Bland will hear from others. He seems trustworthy and it would help to have one firm advocating for victims and understanding the intricacies of the scheme.

Griffin said Murdaugh was changing the tire on his car along Salkehatchie Road when a truck passed him.

The vehicle turned around and drove back in Murdaugh's direction, with someone shooting at him from the car, he said.

Legal heir called 911 after shot in head while changing tire, three months after family shot dead | Daily Mail Online

In a statement, attorneys Harpootlian and Jim Griffin said their client "is not without fault" but added his "life has been devastated by an opioid addiction."
"For the last 20 years, there have been many people feeding his addiction to opioids," the attorneys said. "During that time, these individuals took advantage of his addiction and his ability to pay substantial funds for illegal drugs. One of those individuals took advantage of his mental illness and agreed to take Alex's life, by shooting him in the head."

Alex Murdaugh's attorney says Murdaugh will turn himself in Thursday - CNN

“I get a call from Alex that Saturday afternoon to come to where he was and I thought it was maybe to fix something,” Smith said, gesturing to a silver Chevy pickup he said was his work truck. “I had no idea what he wanted, I just went over there.”

Accused Alex Murdaugh shooter says he was set up by prominent lawyer

The picture of CES sitting on his porch in front of his house looks a lot different then the court picture, I have to say that I think it was intentional.

Jmo
CES did comment that he was upset by those jail and court pictures of him, he wasn't allowed to take a shower. He certainly looks healthier sitting on the porch. The reporter did mention though, CES walking hunched over while showing him the yard and his pets.

CES did comment that he was upset by those jail and court pictures of him, he wasn't allowed to take a shower. He certainly looks healthier sitting on the porch. The reporter did mention though, CES walking hunched over while showing him the yard and his pets.

With the hard work of logging and physical jobs it’s no wonder.

Jmo

Please don't flush them, pharmacies take them back and safely dispose of them.

Drugs in the water - Harvard Health

Drug take-back programs, which allow people to drop off their unused medications at central locations, serve two purposes. They keep unused drugs out of the water and prevent diversion of drugs, mainly the opioid painkillers, for recreation and illegal purposes.

Another step in the right direction is new guidelines from the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that discourage hospitals and nursing homes from flushing unused drugs down the drain or toilet. Guidelines for individuals also discourage flushing most, but not all, unused drugs. The question now is whether these and other efforts will be enough to keep the chemicals out of the water at a time when the use of pharmaceuticals and personal care products continues to grow at a rapid rate.
Thanks for sharing, that’s very important information for us and our environment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm