SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed or edited. Since then, I’ve spoken with Tricia and we are making some changes on the fly.

Although LE has not officially named Alex Murdaugh as a POI, common sense tells us they would be remiss if they were not strongly considering him. Even MM and AM's own law firm saw fit to investigate him so we are opening up sleuthing of him unless LE officially announces that he is NOT a POI.

We trust Nancy G / Crimeonline for vetting their sources appropriately, so we are temporarily allowing both FITSNews and Mandy Mattney as approved sources in this discussion. As with any source, when we temporarily approve them, their status is subject to our monitoring the type of coverage (i.e. they don’t get too biased or rumor laden, etc), and that decision is subject to change at a later date.

PS: No absolute trashing of AM or direct accusations.

A lawyer representing the two heirs of Alex Murdaugh’s dead housekeeper and nanny said Tuesday he’s located the missing judge’s order that approved a $4.3 million settlement in a case where the heirs were to get $2.76 million but got nothing.

“I will be turning this order over to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division,” Columbia attorney Eric Bland said., “Given the fact that SLED is not only investigating the housekeeper’s death, but also what happened to the money in the subsequent insurance settlement.”

The judge’s order showing that the two heirs of the late Gloria Satterfield were to get $2.76 million is important because those heirs — Satterfield’s sons — in fact never got any money, Bland said.

The order, dated May 13, 2019, was apparently signed by South Carolina Judge Carmen Mullen, Bland said.

Underneath the signature are the words, “Presiding Judge.”

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article254413383.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
... I don't think AM is sipping champagne with a cigar. Rehab is difficult even when one is wealthy.

All of the above is contingent on AM actually residing at a rehab.

I'm pretty sure AM would be a total rehab fail. LOL He strikes me as a 'control freak' who gives orders but doesn't take commands well.

e.g. AM's words and actions at the hospital the night of the 2019 boat crash are extremely illuminating. According to the story below, he aggressively tried to orchestrate, dominate and manipulate / intimidate(?) literally everyone involved, from all the boat patients to their parents to the hospital staff to the investigators.

This is why I'm convinced he's NOT a drug addict (by definition, their lives are out of control!) and why he's NOT at "rehab".

‘She’s Gone, Don’t Worry About Her,’: What The Murdaughs Did The Night Mallory Beach Died

A lawyer representing the two heirs of Alex Murdaugh’s dead housekeeper and nanny said Tuesday he’s located the missing judge’s order that approved a $4.3 million settlement in a case where the heirs were to get $2.76 million but got nothing.

“I will be turning this order over to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division,” Columbia attorney Eric Bland said., “Given the fact that SLED is not only investigating the housekeeper’s death, but also what happened to the money in the subsequent insurance settlement.”

The judge’s order showing that the two heirs of the late Gloria Satterfield were to get $2.76 million is important because those heirs — Satterfield’s sons — in fact never got any money, Bland said.

The order, dated May 13, 2019, was apparently signed by South Carolina Judge Carmen Mullen, Bland said.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article254413383.html#storylink=cpy
o_Oo_Oo_ODo you think it was a Forge -ery?

I'm pretty sure AM would be a total rehab fail. LOL He strikes me as a 'control freak' who gives orders but doesn't take commands well.

e.g. AM's words and actions at the hospital the night of the 2019 boat crash are extremely illuminating. According to the story below, he aggressively tried to orchestrate, dominate and manipulate / intimidate(?) literally everyone involved, from all the boat patients to their parents to the hospital staff to the investigators.

This is why I'm convinced he's NOT a drug addict (by definition, their lives are out of control!) and why he's NOT at "rehab".

‘She’s Gone, Don’t Worry About Her,’: What The Murdaughs Did The Night Mallory Beach Died

I understand and have read MB's WS threads. Of note, AMs father was also in attendance. Its my feeling they owned that hospital but not in the legal sense. The Ms have actively pushed their power and influence in the area for long enough.

It's time to set records straight, compensate where obligated and humble themselves. Only time will tell if that happens. However, AMs activities will likely be watched by the tax paying public from here on out. Silence is no longer acceptable.

I don't really have a bet on whether or not AM is in rehab bc, frankly, I don't give a damn. Justice for all of their victims is the reason I'm here.

That’s a good one
But seriously now we have two judges who were involved in Satterfield case, Carmen Mullen and Perry Bruckner. Both recused themselves from Beach case but apparently felt no need to do so with Satterfield. (Also confusing is Bruckner’s retirement status at the time of ruling on Satterfield settlement.)

Holy cow :eek::eek::eek: I hope that money is recoverable for her sons and there are no limits on how much they can recover.

But seriously now we have two judges who were involved in Satterfield case, Carmen Mullen and Perry Bruckner. Both recused themselves from Beach case but apparently felt no need to do so with Satterfield. (Also confusing is Bruckner’s retirement status at the time of ruling on Satterfield settlement.)

John Grisham should write a book about this stuff and publish it next month.
As an investigator for the Board on Judicial Conduct, Lacy Stoltz sees plenty of corruption among the men and women elected to the bench
th

Home - John Grisham (jgrisham.com)
moo

As life would have it, my BIL was a highly paid recruiter for an exquisite private rehab. It was nestled in the woods among tall pines and old live oaks.

Each resident had their own fabulous cabin. Well-qualified staff members counseled them back to good health, at a premium.

Even though, my BIL worked under nondisclosure agreement, it wasn't difficult to figure out who he was attempting to recruit for the refuge hidden off the main roads.

IE, when it hit the news the TigerW was in deep trouble over a sex addiction and BIL was off flying to Florida, it was a given he was in contact with TWs agents.

If he was not retired now, and suddenly had a flight out to SC, I'd know who he was recruiting.

Of note, their rehab program was brutal. No cell phones. Up at 7am for meditation before breakfast. Afterwards, they endured a vigorous exercise work out routine, health permitting, of course. Swimming, horse back riding and the like were available in the afternoons. Residents dined in a gorgeous dining lodge.

Oh, and residents prepared meals for all residents. They had to plan their nutritional menus and were carried in a van to purchase fresh foods at the market miles away.

IOW, it was not a cake walk but the results were outstanding as most preferred being sober.

I don't think AM is sipping champagne with a cigar. Rehab is difficult even when one is wealthy.

All of the above is contingent on AM actually residing at a rehab.

Afterwards, they endured a vigorous exercise work out routine, health permitting, of course. Swimming, horse back riding

BBM

Now I see why AM has lost some weight.

JMO

Good. Someone finally standing up to the M’s, and not willing to bow to their intimidation.

Barring some factual, catastrophic bomb(s) about him that would be a deal breaker + what little I know about him, I really like Eddie.

Maybe AM targeted and called Eddie specifically because he knew he's a generous person, willing to drop everything to come help if someone needs assistance*, no questions asked. (According to one article, that's exactly how his friends describe him - i.e. a true friend, indeed.)

IMHO, AM grossly exploited his good nature for malevolent purposes; Eddie is being railroaded by AM & Co. This could also help explain why Eddie was so distraught at his bond hearing. What kind of person utterly betrays their own relative, however distantly related?

ETA: * Exactly what story did AM tell CES to get him out to that lonely stretch of back road - the "flat tire" that runs flat? Then, suddenly, once Eddie shows up, AM's devious fraud machinations explode into action and CES's life instantly goes to hell as he becomes an alleged "shooter" - the bad guy to AM's "victim".

Last edited:
Private rehab facilities have their own limits, my daughter was in a CA facility and the limit was 6 months, the last 3 months she had a job off site but still had therapy 3 times a day.
We found another facility that had a 1 year program but fortunately 6 months worked for her.
Long term drug rehabilitation is not cheap but has a better success rate than short term, I would recommend 3 months minimum to anyone struggling with an opioid addiction, if possible.
ETA: she didn't have a painless sedated withdrawal, some therapists don't recommend it. Not wanting to ever go through the pain of withdrawal again can be an inspiration. jmo

I'm so sorry your daughter (and you) had to go through this. Many of us get a bit flippant on here (me included), but there is a lot of pain behind all of this.
Thank you for sharing what you know. I'm just sorry that it had to come from your experience.

Snipped and BBM

I keep asking myself, why the heck did they get in the boat with PM when they knew he was blatto?

Because kids can be stupid and make very poor judgements, especially when drinking is involved. Been there, done that. They should have listened to one of their party that wanted to get an Uber ride home. So unnecessary for young Mallory's life to have been cut short over drunken stupidity.

I don't mean to sound harsh, I lost 4 friend's in my senior year of high school to drunken stupidity...and another to overdose. Kids that age have bad judgement when impaired by alcohol or drugs. AJMO

Yup. You answered your own question. Many have died over the years for the same reason. And even if not 'blotto' some might have not wanted to create a fuss and disrupt the social group. (that would have been me)

Yup. You answered your own question. Many have died over the years for the same reason. And even if not 'blotto' some might have not wanted to create a fuss and disrupt the social group. (that would have been me)
In these social circles, the unspoken rule is that you do NOT rock the boat. Literally and figuratively. You get off that boat and anger alphas like PM, you're marked and ostracized, not just from the kiddie party scene, but from ever being a part of that echelon of society that always "help each other out", which in a small community means social suicide. Your only hope would be to become independently successful with better connections and return as an even bigger alpha. Underneath the glitz it's all just tribal. JMO.

Holy cow :eek::eek::eek: I hope that money is recoverable for her sons and there are no limits on how much they can recover.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the money will not be recoverable.

The amount, though very large by ordinary person standards, is small by national standards. Thus, finding it may not rate a high priority by federal agencies. I imagine that the clan doing the moving and hiding would is pretty sophisticated in the legal sense and moved it carefully to select locations.

Then factor in that the money could be anywhere. Some small independent countries make protecting deposits in local banks from uhmmm..... "out side interference" a key part of their economic policy- and simply refuse to cooperate with foreign law enforcement.

As a side note, the UK recently passed a law that requires self governing British dependencies (known for banking secrecy / account protection) to cooperate by providing information on accounts and their holders. But..... the British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Barbados etc. all oppose the law and have promised to make any compliance process difficult.

As a further side note, the money could be in a Domestic Asset Protection Trust here in the USA. As a sign of the increasingly Un- United States, a some states have enacted various forms of banking secrecy / account protection laws.

Though none of the states explicitly refuse to cooperate with out of state court orders, the can place unusually high burdens of proof before compliance can be granted. Add built in complexities and finding and getting the money can evidently be difficult, and perhaps in some cases, de facto impossible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member