SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s likely some of that money is in an off shore account somewhere.

I'm so old I remember when that kind of thing was illegal and prosecutors actually prosecuted people for doing it. Quaint times, eh?

ETA: We should also be realistic by considering the shady activities in the SC courts on behalf of AM probably also happen everywhere in the US. Having a lot of money is powerful and gets people the things they want.

Tax-avoiding, criminal offshore accounts have been revealed many times over the last few years, yet nothing happens. It's not just South Carolina. JMO

Last edited:
NY Times article, Oct. 12, 2021:

Unsolved Murdaugh Murders Expose Years of South Carolina Mysteries

"To some, the Murdaugh name has represented both power and public service. For nearly 90 years and across three generations, the post of chief prosecutor for five counties around Hampton was held by a Murdaugh. And for even longer, the law firm associated with the Murdaugh family has been one of the state’s leading tort litigation firms. Its Hampton headquarters, housed in a red-brick Colonial Revival building, is second in grandeur only to the nearby county courthouse.

To some here, the Murdaugh name has come to stand for a domination of the legal system so pervasive that people, with or without justification, asked whether it had the power to skew the trajectory of justice in the family’s favor.

That is one of the questions investigators are asking now as they examine not only the killing of Mr. Murdaugh’s wife and son, but at least three other deaths that preceded that tragedy.

How much, investigators have been trying to learn, did Alex Murdaugh wield his powerful connections to protect his family and amass his own fortune?"

****An interesting paragraph. Not sure I had heard these details yet:

"Early one morning in February 2018, Ms. Satterfield fell on the front stairs of the Murdaughs’ isolated house. Maggie Murdaugh found her bleeding and called 911, according to Eric Bland, a lawyer for Ms. Satterfield’s two adult sons. He said the Murdaughs told the family that she had tripped over their dogs.

Ms. Satterfield had lost most of her ability to speak, and died several weeks later."
If she was found by MM bleeding at the bottom of the stairs, how could MM have known that she tripped over "their dogs" The dogs wouldn't be there waiting to be blamed. MOO MOO MOO

Maggie Murdaugh owned the Moselle property, while the Edisto property was owned by both Alex and Maggie, according to property records.

In December 2016, Alex Murdaugh “sold” the Moselle property to Maggie Murdaugh for $5 “and love and affection,” a court document states.

According to Maggie Murdaugh’s Facebook page, Maggie moved to the Edisto property in July 2020.

Murdaugh Murders: Beach’s Attorney Makes Move To Secure Claims For Murdaugh Properties
Someone had mentioned that in SC you have to live apart for one year before filing for divorce, so a separation period. Isn't a legal separation also filed with the courts? Or is that just a private document between the parties lawyers? So according to MM she was living separate since July 2020, then she was murdered June 2021 just shy of the one year requirement to file. I really don't believe much in coincidence.

Someone had mentioned that in SC you have to live apart for one year before filing for divorce, so a separation period. Isn't a legal separation also filed with the courts? Or is that just a private document between the parties lawyers? So according to MM she was living separate since July 2020, then she was murdered June 2021 just shy of the one year requirement to file. I really don't believe much in coincidence.

SC doesn’t really have legal separation.
To get a divorce you just have to live apart for a year, then you file for divorce.

If she was found by MM bleeding at the bottom of the stairs, how could MM have known that she tripped over "their dogs" The dogs wouldn't be there waiting to be blamed. MOO MOO MOO

I'm not into dog shaming but if the Murdaugh dogs are anything like daddy Murdaugh, they most certainly would NOT be sitting there waiting to take the blame.
upload_2021-10-12_13-32-36.png

With MM apparently living separately at Edisto? and a divorce seemingly on the horizon?, I sure get the impression that maybe AM was in the process of not only defrauding his clients and PMPED for millions but he was cleaning out joint marital bank accounts for a personal offshore account(s)? and not paying certain bills, hence, that might explain the new tax lien on Edisto. JMO
Ellick was looking forward to a single life as a rich man. You might say he was PuMPED up about it.

New thread coming up..
This thread will close in 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members