SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Looks like Hootnanny is up for re-election. :eek:

Wonder if citizens of S.C. will factor in his recent cases?

Only musing — not sleuthing. MOO.
This made me wish I had taken an extra blood pressure pill this morning. “I ran for the state senate because I believed the status quo wasn’t working for everyday people.” The arrogance! The total absence of any insight! This guy needs to be primaried, at the very LEAST.

Edited for my clumsy keyboarding.

Last edited:
... Cook then told attorneys that Alex Murdaugh referred him to Cory Fleming — a longtime friend of the Murdaugh family who represented Gloria Satterfield‘s family in a wrongful death settlement against Alex Murdaugh in 2018.

‘Anything They Get In, They Get Out Of’: Bombshell Deposition Filed In Murdaugh Case

I wonder if AM, fleming planned to do the same to C Cook.

I'd almost guarantee it. Sounds like an entrenched m.o. How many other clients has this criminal operation screwed over the years?! Sounds like a ton of PMPED's cases need to be yanked and audited.

This made me wish I hjad taken. An extra blood pressure pill this morning. “I ran for the state senate because I believed the status quo wasn’t working for everyday people.” The arrogance! The total absence of any insight. This guy needs to be primaried, at the very LEAST.

He was probably half right. The system wasn't working for average people. But he didn't improve the situation. Always the worst betrayal any politician can make - appealing to the working folks to help them out, then not doing it.

In another article I just recently quoted it also mentions the Judge again.

It seems the fact that AM was working both sides of the claim was kept a secret from the court? Somebody inside the court system got AM's name removed from official lawsuit documents. I wonder who could have done that and it not have been noticed?

Additionally, Murdaugh continued to work on both sides of the claim, the lawsuit says, where he “acted as the attorney for the Personal Representative and the Estate through his partnership of PMPED.”

Over next few months, Fleming made two separate wrongful death claims for Satterfield’s sons: one for $505,000, and one for $3.8 million.

Of the $3.8 million, the sons were supposed to receive $2.76 million, with the rest going to attorneys’ fees.

The attorneys met with Judge Mullen on both claims, and both were approved, according to the lawsuit.

Alex Murdaugh was mastermind in diverting over $3.5M in death settlement checks, court docs say

I cannot imagine anyone in the court system having any authority to remove a defendant's name from a filed lawsuit except a judge.

I cannot imagine anyone in the court system having any authority to remove a defendant's name from a filed lawsuit except a judge.

Mo There should be notations and paperwork and “sign offs” on this if it did happen. The legal file always has a paperwork trail that is part of the record, doesn’t it?

Circumventing controls is always a no-no. The question is whether the circumvention of controls had a criminal intent and/or violated regulations that could lead to legal repercussions.

In the article, Bland implies that Judge M did not knowingly participate in the scheme led by AM. Unless any regulations were violated on her part, I do not believe that the circumnavigation of a court’s controls without a criminal intent, in and of itself, would be a crime, though it could be a “fireable” offense.

However, we will see what ultimately comes out.

Westendorf, being in the highly regulated banking industry, is going to have a much higher likelihood of facing charges if he knowingly circumvented controls set by regulation (whether or not he had an intent to commit fraud).

Neither are above reproach, it just comes down to intent, regulations, and established punishments for violations.

All MOO.

Bringing forward.

Yes, I am quoting and replying to myself! LOL

Hey, wait a minute ... IIRC, wasn't AM the ONLY defendant on this lawsuit he encouraged the Satterfield sons to file with CF?! Did I miss something?

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Media Still Covering For Dishonest Defense Attorneys | FitsNews

South Carolina’s mainstream media has done plenty of “heavy petting” of Harpootlian and Griffin … <snipped>

Ever since this saga captured the attention of the country, though, the dynamic duo have done nothing but deceive, obfuscate, misdirect …. <snipped>

:rolleyes::rolleyes: The is my favorite analysis offered in this article. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In fairness, though, Harpootlian would have us believe Murdaugh spent $10 million allegedly stolen from his former law firm (a low-ball estimate) on his recently revealed oxycontin addiction. Assuming a high-end street value of $80 per pill, that amount of cash would purchase a staggering 125,000 pills – which is enough oxycontin to keep even the hardest core addict supplied for 114 years.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: The is my favorite analysis offered in this article. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In fairness, though, Harpootlian would have us believe Murdaugh spent $10 million allegedly stolen from his former law firm (a low-ball estimate) on his recently revealed oxycontin addiction. Assuming a high-end street value of $80 per pill, that amount of cash would purchase a staggering 125,000 pills – which is enough oxycontin to keep even the hardest core addict supplied for 114 years.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I never believed all the money went to drugs, but drug abuse leads to very bad decision making. IMO

In another article I just recently quoted it also mentions the Judge again.

It seems the fact that AM was working both sides of the claim was kept a secret from the court? Somebody inside the court system got AM's name removed from official lawsuit documents. I wonder who could have done that and it not have been noticed?

Additionally, Murdaugh continued to work on both sides of the claim, the lawsuit says, where he “acted as the attorney for the Personal Representative and the Estate through his partnership of PMPED.”

Over next few months, Fleming made two separate wrongful death claims for Satterfield’s sons: one for $505,000, and one for $3.8 million.

Of the $3.8 million, the sons were supposed to receive $2.76 million, with the rest going to attorneys’ fees.

The attorneys met with Judge Mullen on both claims, and both were approved, according to the lawsuit.

Alex Murdaugh was mastermind in diverting over $3.5M in death settlement checks, court docs say
What does it mean, that "both claims were approved" by Judge Mullen, but there was no payment amount associated with the $505,000 claim? Was that claim denied, do you know? TIA

I am probably late to this, but there were a couple big wows toward the end of the latest FITS News Mandy Matney podcast:
  • Gloria Satterfield had fractured ribs at times of death per son FB post (never heard this!)
  • Gloria Satterfield may have died at Moselle rather than Holly Street (i had heard both addresses were claimed, suggesting to me at least one insurance claim may have been fraudulent)
  • Korey Fleming suspended by bar on Friday (well good)
  • Moo

What does it mean, that "both claims were approved" by Judge Mullen, but there was no payment amount associated with the $505,000 claim? Was that claim denied, do you know? TIA
Honestly from what I recall I thought Perry Bruckner approved the smaller claim and Mullen approved the multi million dollar settlement… but I guess Mullen’s ruling satisfied the whole settlement. Bruckner’s was very specifically a partial settlement. I think Mullen sort of superseded snd closed out the case. Moo
SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

Over 4 million was awarded all together, $505,000 and then I'm guessing since that went so well more claims to the tune of 3.2 million were made to other insurances. What a racket huh? AJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donwes