SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JG mentioned yesterday during interchange with SLED Agent Greer that Paul’s gun, which is same type as murder weapon, was stolen. That’s apparently the first time it’s been stated the missing gun was stolen.

ABC’s Anne Emerson is offering a daily recap with former S.C. AG Charlie Condon on her Unsolved South Carolina podcast “The Murdaughs: Murders, Money & Mystery.” The missing/stolen gun is discussed in the Jan. 2 podcast.

Now isn't that just too convenient......

Why does Poots keep talking about the gruesome scene?? Over and over emphasizing that.
Omgeee Harpo has said Paul's brain laying on the ground at least 3 times. Why, why?
IMHO two reasons. First the gruesome details did seem to cause Alec to tear up — fake or not it was all part of Poot’s trademark theatrics.

Second point from DH (guess I need to say “dear husband”) with criminal trial experience — jury does not want to believe a man would kill wife and son, so the worse Poot makes it sound, the more unbelievable it is. MOO. MOO.

Last edited:
IMHO two reasons. First the gruesome details did seem to cause Alec to tear up — fake or not it was all part of Poot’s trademark theatrics.

Second point from DH with criminal trial experience — jury does not want to believe a man would kill wife and son, so the worse Poot makes it sound, the more unbelievable it is. MOO. MOO.
Yes, but if you want someone dead and are willing to do it, you'll do what needs to be done. You'll use the weapons that are available and will make sure they're dead. DH doesn't have many good cards to play it seems. JMO.

Second point from DH with criminal trial experience — jury does not want to believe a man would kill wife and son, so the worse Poot makes it sound, the more unbelievable it is. MOO. MOO.
Not buying AM's 'tears'.
Of course it was gruesome, and he is allegedly the cause of it.
Imo.

Does anyone else find it strange that DH always refers to Waters to the jury
as the District Attorney? Is he trying to give the impression that they brought out the big gun to try his client…trying to offset the Murdaugh name around there?

I'm not familiar with SC to opine but know this is not unusual in other state districts I've followed for the DA to try the case.

IMO, what would be more of an offset is if the DA had referred the case to the Attorney General. I most recently saw this in Iowa. Generally, Attorney General's office hears appeals.

I for one am a little surprised to see the whole family there supporting.

A Southern, wealthy family in what some have called "Murdaugh County?" Whether they believe AM guilty or not, it's all about appearances so not surprised at all. MOO

ETA: IMO, I believe they are also there to support Buster.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with SC to opine but know this is not unusual in other state districts I've followed for the DA to try the case.

IMO, what would be more of an offset is if the DA had referred the case to the Attorney General. I most recently saw this in Iowa. Generally, Attorney General's office hears appeals.
Thank you….DH was calling Waters the Attorney General…not District Attorney. Your post reminded me & unfortunately I had to replay some of his opening and checked.

Second point from DH (guess I need to say “dear husband”) with criminal trial experience — jury does not want to believe a man would kill wife and son, so the worse Poot makes it sound, the more unbelievable it is. MOO. MOO.

“Jury does not want to believe…”
How does that correspond with Poot making it sound more unbelievable?

Thank you….DH was calling Waters the Attorney General…not District Attorney. Your post reminded me & unfortunately I had to replay some of his opening and checked.

OK, then! I'd say that we can expect Dick to play on the jury as if they are the anointed chosen to hear the case of royalty among them and whom Dick is proud to represent! Gag...

Yes, but if you want someone dead and are willing to do it, you'll do what needs to be done. You'll use the weapons that are available and will make sure they're dead. DH doesn't have many good cards to play it seems. JMO.
I edited my post to clarify — I guess after you posted — “DH” = ”dear husband” — realize in this case I can’t use acronym. LOL.

Watched opening statement's from both sides looking for something that really stuck to the wall and grab my attention as well one would think the jury's as well, kinda like holding a roman candle and getting the results of a sparkler. What raised my brow was getting news of three identical rifles, one missing...stolen, hmmm. See what tomorrow brings.

He said the car data shows he was in his car calling her at 9:06 p.m., at the same time that the phone was being thrown on the side of the road a half a mile away.

I call bs that there's evidence that both the phone was being discarded at that exact time and that they have the precise location of him compared to the phone at that time.
Agree.

According to the prosecution's opening statement (recognizing that it is just a statement and not evidence) Maggie's phone locked at 8:49. Not 9:06. And we have no idea when it might have been thrown out a vehicle window onto the side of the road.

I for one am a little surprised to see the whole family there supporting.
I have a feeling Poots told them they all had to be there. Exception might be sister as she was nodding head yesterday when positive points were made about her sibling.

As solemn as they appear it must have been a very complicated decision. Maybe they still think he’s innocent? Maybe they are there for Buster because it was his brother and mother?

Most interesting to me they are on defense witness list (RM on both) Bloody is thicker than water — especially in the South. MOO. MOO.

Anyway you look at it — it’s got to be painful for them — and they are victims, too.

Last edited:
Buster and other family members are on the State's Witness List
<snipped>

Among those on the list are Alex's family members including his surviving son, Buster, his brothers, RM and JM, his sister-in-law, LM, and members of Maggie's family, including her sister, The State, WCBD and The Greenville News report.

Alex Murdaugh's Surviving Son Buster Is on Witness List for Father's Highly Anticipated Murder Trial
That article doesn't specify which side they will testify on.
I'm going to have to look for it, but I read that the only Murdaugh being called by the prosecution is RM4 (i.e. Richard Murdaugh IV, Alec's brother). He is also a witness for defense, as are all of the other Murdaughs.

(I'm off to find out where I read/heard this, but it was definitely today.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole