SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was Alex's reasoning for calling his wife when he was supposedly leaving the house? That he woke up from a nap, never saw her, and decided to leave for his mom's?

(Of course, we know this story is different from the one his wife told friends as to why she was at the house.)

It's chilling hearing about phone info knowing the phone belonged to murdered person. Sad.
It's chilling. I'll never forget when evidence indicated that Patrick Frazee was texting Kelsey Berreth's phone while he was most likely seated on his mother's couch and her phone only feet away on top of the television. :eek:

Since Fitsnews seemed to be the only media reporting about the case -- albeit details from unnamed sources, and reinforcing the details with a popular podcast, I'm afraid many assumed the information as fact.

I'm recalling they also reported that it was AM who took his dad to the hospital on 6/7 which also appears bogus.

Fortunately, I soon hit the paywall and stopped reading at Fitsnews! MOO

Hah -- I eventually gave up on the often-interesting podcast due to the unsettling vocal tics of the presenters, but they have done what they could to keep the story rolling this far.

The clarifying of the key timelines will be crucial to the prosecution's success here I think.

For whatever reason tweets no longer load for me on WS, but huge props to all of those posting to keep us up to date with this rollercoaster of a case.

It's chilling. I'll never forget when evidence indicated that Patrick Frazee was texting Kelsey Berreth's phone while he was most likely seated on his mother's couch and her phone only feet away on top of the television. :eek:
I was just going to text something similar.
He had both phones beside each other in the truck as he traveled.
Both phone communicated with each other data wise.

What was Alex's reasoning for calling his wife when he was supposedly leaving the house? That he woke up from a nap, never saw her, and decided to leave for his mom's?

(Of course, we know this story is different from the one his wife told friends as to why she was at the house.)
I believe he said he was calling to tell her that he was going to his mother's house. JMO.

Wouldn’t both phones follow the same track if he were driving with them?

I have to 2nd the comment by @scapa above, the discussion here is better than that grinding courtroom sound.

".....Frazee’s phone and Verizon records for both his and Berreth’s phones showed how police tracked the devices appearing to travel together. Around 5 p.m., the phones both ping off the same tower in Florissant. They were traveling southwest, from Woodland Park, heading toward Frazee’s residence..."

Since AM's phone was close to MM's phone they will be a show us how close and traveling together (such as when her phone was thrown out of the vehicle).

Sounds to me like Maggie was murdered between 8:53:15* and 8:55:32 when she took her last steps (counted as 59 but not necessarily accurate the way the phone captures “steps”). Oh, probably 8:53 since there was an apparent camera attempt at facial recognition at 8:54:34 (AM, I assume), and I forgot her phone was taken so the murderer’s steps would also be included until he shut the phone off, accounting for some of the 59 steps.

*Thats within 4 minutes of having read a group text from Lynn about MMs father-in-law (8:49:27).

Also, the step counts imply that she was driven to the kennels because there is no record of the many steps it would have taken for her to walk that far.

Oh man, he blasted them away as soon as he got them to the kennels. :(

MOO.

ETA: I forgot about Maggie’s phone being taken away and thrown by the road, accounting for additional motion

Last edited:
I may be confused but it seems to me that the 59 steps around the face scan time could indicate that Maggie was running and trying to call 911 at the same time. OR... I apologize for the ghoulishness...

Alex picked up her phone, tried to scan her dead face or his face, and ran with it for 59 steps.

That is during what I am calling the killing window 8:49 to 9:04 as indicated by the cell phone records.

Just my own opinion. Please correct me if I have the facts wrong.

Yes!! The expert witness on that case was brilliant -- i.e, KB's phone was likely located on the deck railing when missed a call from PF, top of TV when he sent text, and on the seat next to PF when he was driving to Wetmore (to check cattle).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member