SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that he is a crook and a very dishonourable man but I can't get past the two rifles that were used...how and why would he do that...I wonder if there were two men who were there to kill Paul because of the boating accident and then saw Maggie and had to kill her as well...I know, highly unlikely but the number of rifles used and the brutal shot to Paul's head makes me think it had to be someone else..
They’re counting on your type of thinking to get Alex out of a murder conviction. That’s their entire strategy.

”How could a father blow his son’s brains out?” “What about the people who were infuriated by Mallory Beach’s death?”

Thats why Alex is so calm. He knows the game. I hope he gets the surprise of his dirty little life.

Yeah, I am president of a hunting club and it is a rule we pick up every shell casing that is fired on the property and bring back with us to the cabin to throw away there. Very fortunate now for the prosecution that the Murdaugh's didn't have this rule.
The hunt clubs that I have done gunsmith work for and stayed at had the same rule, pick up the brass and such.

Yes, patterns are so important. Totally sociopathic behavior, IMO.

Patterns is what the “character in conformity” language of Rule 404 is all about though. Evidence is inadmissible if used to show that “he robbed Adam this way, he robbed Bill this way, he robbed Carl this way, therefore he must have robbed Dean the same.”

Has to be used to show motive, or must come in to counter any character evidence brought up in and by his defense. Which can be a very fine line.

Then the judge also must consider the possibility of prejudice under Rule 403.

All my opinion

"Financial misdeeds" -- like they're boyish shenanigans. Atrocious violations of all decency.

Defense wants us to think he was making harmless loans he was swift to repay. Sure. But I prefer to call it what it is. THEFT.

FELONY THEFT.

AM, poster boy for moral bankruptcy.

JMO
He gives fraud another new meaning. What a fraudster! moo.

I agree that he is a crook and a very dishonourable man but I can't get past the two rifles that were used...how and why would he do that...I wonder if there were two men who were there to kill Paul because of the boating accident and then saw Maggie and had to kill her as well...I know, highly unlikely but the number of rifles used and the brutal shot to Paul's head makes me think it had to be someone else..
To piggyback on Boodles post, that is also why AM is articulating that Paul received threats.

The defense, if you can't go after the evidence that much go after the man. Despite the dig to his means of investigating the evidence and his methods are solid IMO.
Yup.
JG kept trying to get the witness to agree that his field is just art...not science. I was thinking Greer could use a medical doctor as an analogy, indicating that even medicine, considered a science, has some elements of art, but that doesn't mean you can't get a diagnosis.

Then is re-cross by prosecution, Greer indicated that there is much to learn not only in the program, but through experience on the job, "kind of like an intern in medicine". JG bolted up out of his seat, but was quickly overruled. LOL

Maggie was to meet bank June 8! She was only one on deed of the M estate! Did I hear that right?
In preparation of litigation for the boat crash, AM quitclaimed all the property they owned jointly including Edisto and Moselle on paper only. Legal docs at sale show the property was owned 50/50 interest.

AM told others MM was dragging the appraisal and that was due to happen on June 8. Remember MM's texts in evidence with her friend about leaving the house unlocked and she trusted the "Mexicans" (i.e., workmen) to lock up for her?

ETA: There were two sets of facts going on here -- AM dealings with the bank pre-June 7, and the facts after the murders. By August 2021, the bank loan committee is now covering up with a new story for their own misdeeds (i.e., Bank CEO Russell Laffitte).

Last edited:

The state needs to absolutely crush the closing arguments and remind jurors of the important things they heard.

Not to imply that we are anywhere close to closing arguments of course

Griffin is cross-examining Greer now. He establishes that Greer can't tell the jury that any of the weapons presented in court were used to kill Maggie or Paul

Griffin establishes that Buster’s .300 Blackout rifle was malfunctioning with Greer tested it. The gun wouldn’t automatically load the next cartridge after each shot. So Greer had to manually load it. That means the gun could not fire rapidly.

That's exactly what Griffin is trying to show here. They don't have the murder weapon.

Griffin gets frustrated that Greer isn’t answering his questions directly. Even on yes or no questions, Greer is instead turning to the jury and providing lengthy explanations in complete sentences. It has been confusing at times.

Griffin asks Greer if every single .300 Blackout in the world leaves its own signature tool mark on the shell casings it ejects. Greer doesn’t really answer. “It’s hard to say,” he said. But says he can still support his analysis.

Griffin is attacking the state's assertion that the shell casings around Maggie's body matches older shell casings on Moselle. Griffin has supposed different .300 Blackout rifles can leave the same mark.

I believe Griffin is more concerned about what the jury knows than what "everybody knows.”

This is how Greer answered questions in the pre-trial hearing as well. He is clearly well drilled.

We are deep in the weeds with Greer's testimony and my mentions reflect that.

Griffin now moves on to challenging the field of firearms identification in general. He says it is subjective, up to the interpretation of the person reviewing the tiny tool marks on shell casings and looking for matching marks.

Griffin: You agree that your chosen field is part art, as well as part science? Greer: It’s an applied science.

Griffin asks Greer if he is 100 percent certain the shell casings near Maggie's body were fired from the same gun as the older shell casings ejected elsewhere on the Moselle property. Greer declines to say 100 percent. But he says that is his conclusion.

Griffin steps down. Prosecutor David Fernandez is up on redirect now. Then Griffin will get to re-cross Greer. And then hopefully we can all go home and purge this from our memories.

After that cross-examination, Fernandez gives Greer a chance to defend his field. Greer says firearms identification analysis has been around since the early 1900s. It is widely accepted.

The jury was just excused and told to return at 11:30 a.m. Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478