SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18

Last edited by a moderator:
BRINGING THIS OVER FROM #18 --

Circling back to something else -- any more thoughts on why the State brought the store receipt into evidence?

It was a paper receipt with a charge for over $1,000 at a Gucci store circled in red.

You may remember it was found in the trash down in the shop (I think by SLED's Agent Croft), along with two empty cardboard ammunition boxes (brands commonly used by Murdaughs).

Gift for a "special" friend?
Did it fall out of someone's car, purse, or wallet?
Does it have a meaningful timestamp, relevant to June 7 timeline?
What could it add to the investigation?

Up thread someone researched Gucci and posted that the only Gucci store in S.C. was in Charleston.

BRINGING THIS OVER FROM #18 --

Circling back to something else -- any more thoughts on why the State brought the store receipt into evidence?

It was a paper receipt with a charge for over $1,000 at a Gucci store circled in red.

You may remember it was found in the trash down in the shop (I think by SLED's Agent Croft), along with two empty cardboard ammunition boxes (brands commonly used by Murdaughs).

Gift for a "special" friend?
Did it fall out of someone's car, purse, or wallet?
Does it have a meaningful timestamp, relevant to June 7 timeline?
What could it add to the investigation?

Up thread someone researched Gucci and posted that the only Gucci store in S.C. was in Charleston.
They used the words "statement" and "receipt" to describe that item. I got the impression that it was a credit card statement and someone (probably Alex) had circled an entry for a Gucci purchase that happened a few weeks before. Speculating that it's motive evidence by the State -- i.e., Alex was fed up with MM's luxury purchases. JMO.

Adding to the list of things we want to see is the rehab facility and doctors records. I don’t think he checked into a rehab facility. He was probably hiding out in Europe somewhere in disguise.

Jan 30, 2023

[..]

The state also played video footage of Murdaugh during a June 10, 2021, follow-up interview with SLED - the second time that Murdaugh spoke to state police after the killings. The interview was conducted inside a vehicle at a hunting lodge owned by his brother, John Marvin Murdaugh.

After chatting with officers, Murdaugh relays his recollection of the timeline of events on the day of the killings. As the video plays, the S.C. Attorney General's lead prosecutor, Creighton Waters, stops and repeats certain key information to the jury, or asks Croft to elaborate or repeat certain portions of Murdaugh's statements for the jury.

In the video, as Murdaugh described the last moments he spent with Paul, driving around the property, he broke down and wept, as SLED agents comforted him and gave him tissues.

[..]

Croft testified that Murdaugh told SLED the last time he saw Maggie and Paul was when the family had supper. However, earlier in the trial, Waters told the jury that the state had cell phone video evidence that put Murdaugh at the dog kennels later than that.

When asked about his relationship with his wife, Murdaugh, who again appeared upset in the video, responded, "I had a wonderful wife, she was a great mother. She didn't work, but she took care of me and the boys."

Murdaugh sniffled throughout the interview, then openly wept at times. During one grief-stricken moment of sobbing, Murdaugh appeared to have said this about Paul: "It's just so bad. I did him so bad." When Waters repeated this to Croft, he verified that is what he said.

They used the words "statement" and "receipt" to describe that item. I got the impression that it was a credit card statement and someone (probably Alex) had circled an entry for a Gucci purchase that happened a few weeks before. Speculating that it's motive evidence by the State -- i.e., Alex was fed up with MM's luxury purchases. JMO.

Sounds like you are correct about a credit card statement rather than a receipt.

1/30/23

A staffer at the luxury retailer told Fox News Digital the last purchase that Maggie made was May 3rd 2021. [BBM] She spent $3,041 on a shoulder handbag and Gucci slides.

If she made any purchases at Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue or an outlet store, they would also show up on her account, the staffer said.

South Carolina legal scion Alex Murdaugh's double murder trial wrapped up Day 4

Alex Murdaugh, a former lawyer, assistant prosecutor and scion of a powerful South Carolina legal dynasty, is charged with the double murder of his wife, Maggie, and their 22-year-old son, Paul, on June 7, 2021.
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com

Feb 1, 2023

Alex Murdaugh told investigators three days after the murders he hadn't visited the dog kennels June 7, 2021, before finding his wife, Maggie, and his son, Paul shot to death.

He made a similar statement hours after the double slayings to SLED special agent David Owens, who also conducted the second interview.

Alex walked investigators through a timeline of his day. The disgraced lawyer said he ate dinner with Paul and Maggie at the main house.

Maggie, 52, was concerned about Paul's blood pressure, he added.

"His feet had swollen up recently, it was a big huge deal," Alex told Owen and SLED special agent Jeff Croft, who participated in the questioning.

They were all seated in Owen's patrol car at the hunting lodge of Alex's brother John Marvin Murdaugh.

Maggie left the house to go to the dog kennels, and Paul also left but he wasn't sure where he'd gone, he said on the recording.

Alex took a nap and when he awoke, he called and texted Maggie --- but she didn't answer, he told the SLED agents.

At 9:06 p.m. he left the main house to check on his mother, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease and lives 20 minutes away.

When he returned, no one was at the main house and he drove down to the kennels.

That's when he said he found his wife and son lying in pools of blood and brain matter and called 911 at 10:06 p.m.

Jan 30, 2023

[..]

The state also played video footage of Murdaugh during a June 10, 2021, follow-up interview with SLED - the second time that Murdaugh spoke to state police after the killings. The interview was conducted inside a vehicle at a hunting lodge owned by his brother, John Marvin Murdaugh.

After chatting with officers, Murdaugh relays his recollection of the timeline of events on the day of the killings. As the video plays, the S.C. Attorney General's lead prosecutor, Creighton Waters, stops and repeats certain key information to the jury, or asks Croft to elaborate or repeat certain portions of Murdaugh's statements for the jury.

In the video, as Murdaugh described the last moments he spent with Paul, driving around the property, he broke down and wept, as SLED agents comforted him and gave him tissues.

[..]

Croft testified that Murdaugh told SLED the last time he saw Maggie and Paul was when the family had supper. However, earlier in the trial, Waters told the jury that the state had cell phone video evidence that put Murdaugh at the dog kennels later than that.

When asked about his relationship with his wife, Murdaugh, who again appeared upset in the video, responded, "I had a wonderful wife, she was a great mother. She didn't work, but she took care of me and the boys."

Murdaugh sniffled throughout the interview, then openly wept at times. During one grief-stricken moment of sobbing, Murdaugh appeared to have said this about Paul: "It's just so bad. I did him so bad." When Waters repeated this to Croft, he verified that is what he said.

Good photos in the article.
33B74794-88E7-407C-9D50-2AAF2F4E2C09.png94150B9F-9BDA-43FD-BE11-577610185D16.jpegF13A8E13-CF8F-4A78-ACAC-C2FCDD390679.pngE1CF0B2F-C66E-49DC-A530-6638B82B74DC.png

Sounds like you are correct about a credit card statement rather than a receipt.

1/30/23

A staffer at the luxury retailer told Fox News Digital the last purchase that Maggie made was May 3rd 2021. [BBM] She spent $3,041 on a shoulder handbag and Gucci slides.

If she made any purchases at Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue or an outlet store, they would also show up on her account, the staffer said.

South Carolina legal scion Alex Murdaugh's double murder trial wrapped up Day 4

Alex Murdaugh, a former lawyer, assistant prosecutor and scion of a powerful South Carolina legal dynasty, is charged with the double murder of his wife, Maggie, and their 22-year-old son, Paul, on June 7, 2021.
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com
This seems to indicate that it wasn't Maggie who made the purchase that was circled in the credit card statement. I hope this matter is cleared up, it would be interesting to know who it was, and why this is relevant in this trial.

Whatever the money was spent on, ( I suspect gambling), AM seemed to enjoy a fairly hedonistic lifestyle. It is for this reason that I think rumors of an affair are probably on the mark. He did not seem to deny himself anything. I don't think it is relevant, but the credit card statement may indicate another stressor on AM at that time.

McCoy the fire chief first to go to scene said it was so dark at the scene they used headlights from vehicles. Yet AM was never worried if Maggie went down there. He claimed he had no idea where Paul was. ALL LIES! Well did he shut the lights all off?
The kennel was lit when Paul was taking photos of Cash the friends dog. Something about AM is creepy as I look through different videos. JMOO

This seems to indicate that it wasn't Maggie who made the purchase that was circled in the credit card statement. I hope this matter is cleared up, it would be interesting to know who it was, and why this is relevant in this trial.

Whatever the money was spent on, ( I suspect gambling), AM seemed to enjoy a fairly hedonistic lifestyle. It is for this reason that I think rumors of an affair are probably on the mark. He did not seem to deny himself anything. I don't think it is relevant, but the credit card statement may indicate another stressor on AM at that time.
I think it is most likely gambling too. I don't think he was a drug user. Friends and family would notice if it was over a 20 year period. If he was in to drug trafficking, he would make money and wouldn't need to embezzle or steal from clients. Remember the former prostitute who came forward on FitsNews I think, and told of seeing him and being with him at some gentlemen's parties where drinking and gambling were taking place...have no clue if that was true, it was not widely.
covered by media.

Adding to the list of things we want to see is the rehab facility and doctors records. I don’t think he checked into a rehab facility. He was probably hiding out in Europe somewhere in disguise.
Alec may have gone to some rehab facility but I don't think he had an opioid addiction. He may be an alcoholic (like PM) but seriously doubt opioid. You don't get over that in just 10 days or a month in rehab. That's 90 days rehab and then OP therapy and daily Ala-Non meetings for months, and then a lifetime of addressing it.

The fact that he and his attorneys have said he HAD an addiction tells me he didn't. If he is actually in recovery (as in he went to rehab and embraced the program) he would be saying I AM an addict. Once a cucumber becomes a pickle, it's always a pickle. OMO. MOO.

SLED agent Melinda Worley said she swabbed 10 different areas in Alex’s car and all of them returned presumptive positive results. She said she also photographed a 16-gauge shotgun shell located on the rear floorboard of his vehicle.

If this has already been posted, apologies. I myself just read it. OH BOY!

It does seem that if Cousin Eddie does testify to this information that it is over for AM. However, is he credible? Is he doing this because he will receive a lesser sentence on his own charges? MOO MOO MOO

Last edited:
Each day, courtroom observers come and go, but three have been constants. One is a local woman who told me she was hoping to see the powerful fall. She might get her wish, eventually. Murdaugh is surely going to jail, but whether or not for murder remains to be seen. His indictments on about 100 charges related to other crimes, including money laundering, as well as stealing money from clients, friends, his own brother and the family law firm, could earn him more than 700 years in prison.

McCoy the fire chief first to go to scene said it was so dark at the scene they used headlights from vehicles. Yet AM was never worried if Maggie went down there. He claimed he had no idea where Paul was. ALL LIES! Well did he shut the lights all off?
The kennel was lit when Paul was taking photos of Cash the friends dog. Something about AM is creepy as I look through different videos. JMOO
There's a lot that's creepy with AM. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He used his good old boy, aww shucks, friend, brother routine on every and anyone around him.

Alex is a serious manipulator/bully IMO. He used his position and influence to get people to do exactly what he wanted, even people who knew something wasn't quite right with what he was doing.

Karma baby.

MOO

It does seem that if Cousin Eddie does testify to this information that it is over for AM. However, is he credible? Is he doing this because he will receive a lesser sentence on his own charges? MOO MOO MOO
Another question is , How loyal is he? What might AM have on him as well. Years of dark and dirty secrets bubbling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow