SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Griswold testifies left the PMPED office at 5:15 p.m. Murdaugh was still at the office. She had her phone on silent. She woke up in the middle of the night, and her phone was full of messages and calls. Randy Murdaugh texted her to please call when she could. She did.

Griswold: When Randy answered, he was upset. She asked what was wrong. “It’s bad, Annette. It’s real bad.” She assumed it was about Randolph III. Randy said no, Maggie and Paul have been shot and murdered.

Griswold said she had “a million thoughts” running through her head. She was worried about Alex and Buster and the family’s safety. The firm was scared for the Murdaughs' safety. "We were in complete mama bear mode." They watched out for strange cars that drove by the office.

Griswold testifies the law firm rallied to the Murdaughs’ aid after the slayings. They stopped asking about the Mack Trucks fees. Griswold said she stopped thinking about it until September 2021.

Not that I disagree with anything you wrote about PMPED, I'm sure this whole ordeal has weighed on them terribly.

But I'm assuming it was the firm's malpractice insurance that compensated AM's victims, right? The partners didn't have to reach into their own pockets to pay back the money.
Malpractice insurance generally only covers non-intentional torts and excludes fraud.

Attorney Chris Wilson, one of AM's closest friends testified at the in-camera hearing. Wilson was involved with AM in the Mack/Ferris case. AM cheated his close friend Chris Wilson out of thousands of dollars in fees. Hoping Wilson will be testifying again at trial; his testimony is powerful.

What a fantastic witness. She's smart, clear and expresses herself just entertainingly enough that she doesn't lose the attention of those listening. If the defense is smart, they will refrain from being patronizing to her, as they have been with other witnesses.

Attorney Chris Wilson, one of AM's closest friends testified at the in-camera hearing. Wilson was involved with AM in the Mack/Ferris case. AM cheated his close friend Chris Wilson out of thousands of dollars in fees. Hoping Wilson will be testifying again at trial; his testimony is powerful.

Murdaugh allegedly misappropriated $792,000 in legal fees that were supposed to be paid from Wilson's firm to PMPED.....

"He was one of my best friends, and I thought that he felt that way about me," Wilson said, his voice thick with emotion on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73