SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW....I think the whole family is cr@p but....Randy tattled on AM making phone calls in the hospital. Is that correct?
I had lots of meetings to day so I missed the particulars on that. Does anyone know?
I heard it. Randy reported to police that Alex tried to pay nurses to use their phones to contact the shooter. Alex claimed it was get more drugs - same person.

On the question of why he was stealing all that money when he probably didn't need it, maybe it's a like a Better Call Saul situation, where he's just addicted to the grift because he likes it.

Yep, or like the Ackroyd character in Blues Brothers. If something is unused, just take it!

Not advocating, just a comment based on my own ideas.

One thing I think is really interesting about AM is that it seems like his subconscious speaks for him a lot. What I mean by that is things like:

* The first thing he said about MM in the interview on the night of the murders was, "She didn't work" (and he was having money troubles)
* He also described Paul as "an intuitive dude, almost like a little detective" (later MP echoed that nickname)
* Same interview he may have said, "It was so bad. I did him so bad." (and indeed he did)

My almost immediate reaction when I heard him describe Paul was, "What did Little Detective Dude learn? is that why Little Detective Dude had to go?"

When Alex was in danger of his theft coming to light, he didn't just risk his legit livelihood -- his position as a lawyer -- but losing his legit livelihood would also close the spigot for the illegit money from the theft. I can't help but wonder if that's what Alex was protecting that night.

MOO

Oh, my! This is unreal behavior for a married man to gun down his unsuspecting beautiful betrothed in this horrendous manner. He shoots. There's blood running down her leg. While Maggie lay dying, he shoots the length of her body from behind. Then, with his AR ready, he comes around and shoots her in the head for the 2nd fatal shot.

Greed had overtaken his good senses.

It will be a while before I'm ready for another trial of this magnitude.
Greed and drugs! Absolutely horrible!! Why is there not the death penalty?

One thing I think is really interesting about AM is that it seems like his subconscious speaks for him a lot. What I mean by that is things like:

* The first thing he said about MM in the interview on the night of the murders was, "She didn't work" (and he was having money troubles)
* He also described Paul as "an intuitive dude, almost like a little detective" (later MP echoed that nickname)
* Same interview he may have said, "It was so bad. I did him so bad." (and indeed he did)

My almost immediate reaction when I heard him describe Paul was, "What did Little Detective Dude learn? is that why Little Detective Dude had to go?"

When Alex was in danger of his theft coming to light, he didn't just risk his legit livelihood -- his position as a lawyer -- but losing his legit livelihood would also close the spigot for the illegit money from the theft. I can't help but wonder if that's what Alex was protecting that night.

MOO
I had the same observations. Also, AM summoned Maggie to be there. He told her Paul would be there. Why not Buster too? He planned it. JMO

maggie

Randy may be there in court not to support his brother but because he is curious.
I thought Randy was the blonde headed one and the other brother had dark hair. The blonde headed one has been there just about everyday sitting with Buster. I was wondering where the other one was as I haven't seen him in a long time. I may have their names confused.

MOO
According to Maggie's sister, Alex's first goal after the murders was to clear Paul's name.

Alex knew the criminal charge would be dropped, and he hoped for sympathy with the civil suits. When that didn't work, he tried to create more sympathy by staging an attempt on his life. That backfired.

He tried to frame the victims of the boat accident for the murders of his son and wife, and the attempted murder of him on the side of the road while changing a tire.

I thought Randy was the blonde headed one and the other brother had dark hair. The blonde headed one has been there just about everyday sitting with Buster. I was wondering where the other one was as I haven't seen him in a long time. I may have their names confused.
Randy was in court this afternoon. His brother sat at the opposite end of the pew. Randy sat beside Buster during the hospital-interview testimony about the car accident. Alex came clean, cleared his shooter of his family's murders, took responsibility for the attempt on his life, claimed he was a drug addict and requested a comfortable treatment facility. Randy wanted to hear that for some reason - appeal?

Prosecutors had previously argued that evidence of the roadside shooting was crucial for the jury to hear because it showed Alex had resorted to bloody schemes when the walls were closing in on him. “There’s a symmetry between what happens on the side of the road and what happens on June 7,” prosecutor Creighton Waters told the judge earlier this month, “because when the hounds are at the door, when Hannibal is at the gates for Alex Murdaugh, violence happens.”

In the phone interview with investigators played in court on Thursday, Alex said he had decided to go through with the shooting scheme because he believed that Buster would be best served if Alex were dead.

“I knew that I was about to lose everything,” Alex said, “and I figured he was better off that way than dealing with me.”

“Why weren’t you truthful with us when this initially happened?” Kelly asked him on the call.

“I don’t have a good reason,” Alex said. “I was in a bad, bad, bad place.”

Randy was in court this afternoon. His brother sat at the opposite end of the pew. Randy sat beside Buster during the hospital-interview testimony about the car accident. Alex came clean, cleared his shooter of his family's murders, took responsibility for the attempt on his life, claimed he was a drug addict and requested a comfortable treatment facility. Randy wanted to hear that for some reason - appeal?
I think Randy is there because the defense team coached the family to make a show of support every day. If he was simply trying to know what was happening, he could watch the trial from the comfort of his home on his own time. The family is there for one reason, and that is to send a message to the jury that they support Alex. That's why they sat right behind him, that's why they make a conspicuous entrance every day. The Murdaughs rule Hampton County, and they do it by reinforcing their power at every chance.

When I first saw AM looking like this I thought omg he looks like Boo Radley.

To Kill A Mockingbird has been my favorite book since I first read it as a teenager 50 years ago and I re-read it about once a year.

His resemblance to Boo Radley as played in the movie brilliantly by a young Robert Duvall is purely physical of course - pale from no sunlight and thinner than we saw him before.

The character of Boo Radley turns out to not be the boogeyman everyone thought he was - AM the exact opposite happened.

Ironic that the Hero of my most beloved book and movie is a small town Southern lawyer.
But he stood for everything right and fair.
Everything AM is not.
JMO

I'm still struggling with why Alex killed both of them. Paul is more understandable (if there is such logic). His death had the potential to diffuse the Beach civil case and increase odds of a lower settlement.

But why Maggie? Was he afraid she would divorce him and further dilute his assets not taken in restitution or civil judgement?

I'm still struggling with why Alex killed both of them. Paul is more understandable (if there is such logic). His death had the potential to diffuse the Beach civil case and increase odds of a lower settlement.

But why Maggie? Was he afraid she would divorce him and further dilute his assets not taken in restitution or civil judgement?
Maybe because if he only killed Paul, Maggie would easily figure out that Alex did it, and she wouldn't turn a blind eye. JMO.

Alex Murdaugh is a hunter. Unless he is the joke of all the hunters, he could have dropped them both with one shot each. And he could have shot them from 100 yards away with one shot each. He didn't have to be within feet of them or walk over for a kill shot to Maggi's head. No need for an up close and personal ambush.

Seriously, this is amateur shooting and the second shot to Paul being at such an angle is because the shooter fell down from the kick because he/she had no experience with shotguns. Paul heard his mom getting shot and tried to make it to her and shooter, splayed on ground, blasts again.

The second shooter had Maggi, but was not a great shot either. In fact, a truly poor shot. Shooting low, not experienced in shooting moving game. Unlike Alex.

Who kills the family of those who owe them money? Cartels.

Long guns disappear how? Stolen. Traded. Given.

JMHO but this is the scenario Eddie creates. Reasonable doubt.
BBM
Respectfully disagree the bolded. Definitely not cartel. Cartel would not have left such a sloppy mess. Cartel would not use a shotgun.

I wonder if the reason the second shot at PM was taken with the rifle closer to the ground is because the shooter may have been wearing that large blue raincoat and the hem would only touch the ground (thus protecting the shooter's lower legs and shoes from getting PM's blood or other organic material on them) if the shooter crouched or knelt. And then, after the shootings, the raincoat was thoroughly sprayed down, using the kennel hose with nozzle.

I wonder if the reason the second shot at PM was taken with the rifle closer to the ground is because the shooter may have been wearing that large blue raincoat and the hem would only touch the ground (thus protecting the shooter's lower legs and shoes from getting PM's blood or other organic material on them) if the shooter crouched or knelt. And then, after the shootings, the raincoat was thoroughly sprayed down, using the kennel hose with nozzle.
Does spraying something down obliterate blood traces? Could you clean something so thoroughly, but have GST remain? Good question.

Randy (sitting with Buster) has the darker hair, John (standing in background) has the lighter hair:
1676610084372.png
Caption says:
Randy Murdaugh talks with his nephew Buster Murdaugh seen with John Marvin Murdaugh and Lynn Murdaugh Goette during the double murder trial of Alex Murdaugh at the Colleton County Courthouse in Walterboro, S.C., Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023.
Andrew J. Whitaker - pool, Pool The Post And Courier

ETA: From the early in the case tv interview:
Randy on the left, John on the right:
1676610384292.png

Where can I read or hear Ryan Kelly’s testimony today? Finding just bits and pieces through Google.
RK testified 2/16, Thursday afternoon. Please see the live trial blog and recaps posted in MEDIA ONLY thread.

Randy (sitting with Buster) has the darker hair, John (standing in background) has the lighter hair:
View attachment 403408
Caption says:

ETA: From the early in the case tv interview:
Randy on the left, John on the right:
View attachment 403409
Thank you. I did have them mixed up. John has been there almost everyday with Buster. I really haven't noticed Randy that much. But, I was looking for someone with dark longer style hair. Appreciate it...

Does spraying something down obliterate blood traces? Could you clean something so thoroughly, but have GST remain? Good question.

Good question. We see so much about blood traces found after a long time and all the chem reaction tricks I’ve wondered if those did have so much splatter on them that he could have gotten them perfectly clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles