SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One issue is he lied so much, it is hard to see why Jury would believe his new "real' truth

What on earth could he actually come up with?
It would be entertaining to find out for sure.

I can think of 2 right now that the accused took the stand and it backfired.

Molly Tibbitts killer got on the stand and told a story that is about as ridiculous as Alex's roadside shooting story.

The Rhoden family murderer, George Wagner took the stand and he was so unbelievable it made me feel ill.

I don't recall watching a trial where the accused took the stand and told a genuine story that was believable and they were found not guilty. I know there must be some, but I haven't followed a case that I can recall. I feel if the defendant takes the stand to tell their story, it's helpful if the person is the killer, but maybe is defending it as self defense or a past history of abuse and they snapped or something like that.

In this case if he takes the stand and isn't believable (which we all have seen his emotion as he listens to witnesses and it seems rather fake at times) then he will be found guilty and they won't need to debate the evidence, his own behavior and testimony will be what seals the deal. If he doesn't take the stand then maybe the jury has to discuss a lot more and go over things really trying to sort it all out. I would love for him to take the stand, but I think it would be a horrible decision for the defense if they put him up there.

In regards to Paul's kennel video (and full disclosure, I only came upon this supposition elsewhere on the net, I would give place and credit but I don't think we're allowed to here, so won't), does anyone see a blue reflection in the wet concrete outside the kennel? Right about the time Paul says "Hey Bubba" (27-32 second span).

We know AM was wearing a light blue short sleeved shirt at that point, but the reflection seems to be a deeper, more saturated blue, does anyone know what color dress MM was wearing that day? We know she was right there as she mentions the bird in the dog's mouth.

Of course thoughts run to the raincoat since it was a solid blue, but if that is a reflection of it, what would AM being doing with it at that point, a few minutes before the phones lock forever?

Buster walking his dogs.....Buster Murdaugh rejects suggestion he supports father Alex Murdaugh

Hopefully where he is living with his gf has someplace nice outdoors for the doggies to live....Buster Murdaugh living in South Carolina ahead of father's murder trial: exclusive pics

It looks like a condo to me but might have a small backyard and it's super nice of BM to walk them so they get some excercise. I am happy that he has conquered his allergies so he can enjoy the companionship of the dogs.

And it could be that someone just didn't want the dogs inside at Moselle or EB for whatever reason and it was just easier to say allergies.

jmo
Blanca took Bubba, so he lives with her family.

I really wonder what Alex’s lawyers are thinking. Did he lie to them like he lied to the cops and everyone else? Did they actually believe he was not guilty when they started this case? IMO they are not very fond of him.
"I'm glad Murdaugh's check cleared."
"Hey, I looked pretty good on the evening news last night."
"I bet I can up my hourly rate after this trial."
"Maybe I can do late night commercials like Johnnie Cochran did."
"I don't get Picard. Why did they hire an English actor to play a Frenchman?"

My guess -- he panicked and lied because he was a suspect. Drug dealers or angry client did it. No bloody clothes or known murder weapons found. Reasonable doubt.
Realistically, anyone coming to kill people on the property would have their own weapons. Without Alex, or someone in the know, how would a stranger know that Paul and Maggie would be on the property, or Where? AM called them both to be at the property, according to multiple people testifying.

I really wonder what Alex’s lawyers are thinking. Did he lie to them like he lied to the cops and everyone else? Did they actually believe he was not guilty when they started this case? IMO they are not very fond of him.
They're just doing a job for pay which they'll get and continue to get as long as there are charges against AM. Of course he lied to them which is why, IMO, they wanted AM to be able to keep discovery and work product in his jail cell so he could "help them with his case". They only got 1 hour every other day with him at the jail and that wasn't enough time. When that didn't fly, they asked if he could be brought to their offices to work with them (I guess "office" meant the wedding venue they had rented). When that didn't fly they asked for a laptop he could keep that had everything on it...:rolleyes: I took that to mean that they needed AM to fabricate the answers to the discovery so they could look over the answers to see if they were believable or not and adjust if necessary. DH I believe made the statement that AM is a lawyer and can help them and CW quickly interjected "was a lawyer your honor"..priceless.
jmo

In regards to Paul's kennel video (and full disclosure, I only came upon this supposition elsewhere on the net, I would give place and credit but I don't think we're allowed to here, so won't), does anyone see a blue reflection in the wet concrete outside the kennel? Right about the time Paul says "Hey Bubba" (27-32 second span).

We know AM was wearing a light blue short sleeved shirt at that point, but the reflection seems to be a deeper, more saturated blue, does anyone know what color dress MM was wearing that day? We know she was right there as she mentions the bird in the dog's mouth.

Of course thoughts run to the raincoat since it was a solid blue, but if that is a reflection of it, what would AM being doing with it at that point, a few minutes before the phones lock forever?

I don’t see a reflection, but it makes me practically cry hearing Paul’s voice knowing that in minutes…

At the beginning of this case, I had a real problem with motive. But as the prosecution has provided more and more evidence of AM,s guilt, I find myself less concerned about his motive. It’s enough to prove that he did it; no need to prove he’s the kind of guy who would do something like this.

I have had the opposite reaction. I never had any problem imaging a motive. That entire family was on emotional overload…even if they all were saints walking among us. I could easily see AM just snapping and killing his wife and son.

My issue was my disappointment when the ‘evidence’ the media promised fizzled. But the GM evidence made up for that. I think the jury should have enough to convict.

"I'm glad Murdaugh's check cleared."
"Hey, I looked pretty good on the evening news last night."
"I bet I can up my hourly rate after this trial."
"Maybe I can do late night commercials like Johnnie Cochran did."
"I don't get Picard. Why did they hire an English actor to play a Frenchman?"
Nailed It!!

Alex's paralegal ( her name escapes me at the moment). Testified he was a ball of fury when he hit the office. I took that to mean he had a lot of energy, flitting from one thing to the next. If he was addicted to methamphetamine, I would understand. But don't opiods make you slow and fuzzy?
The character Nurse Jackie in the Showtime series of same name popped Percocet all day long while working 12 hour shifts in the ER and was always ( well mostly -until the end ) on top of her game.

I took it for a work related injury and shoulder surgery and it never made me sleepy or like I was on a “downer”. Quite the opposite.
JMO

Him going above that thought and saying he didn't go to the kennels, didn't know where they went and then even past that he calls and texts Maggie several times.. if he wanted to reach her so badly, he would have stopped at the kennels on his way out. He couldn't admit to that because they were already dead.
THIS!! Wonderful point.
Have they said what they think happen with the hose?
One of the Ms must have hung it up. I’m assuming they didn’t test it for dna. One thing I know for sure is that a random murderer or Cowboy wouldn’t have wasted the time.

Okay - I get you now. I didn't get that we were speaking "purely" about one thing or the other. Criminal justice/criminal charging isn't purely on behalf of the community, either, IMO. Lots of variables, I think.

And sometimes, LE does investigate burglaries - depends on the community/tax base, IMO. In some places, burglary is more likely to be investigated than a missing person, IMO.

At any rate, my point is that it is entirely possible under SC that AM would be required as part of the criminal case to pay restitution (and I think the statute specifically says this is desirable because it saves the State and the wronged parties another, civil trial).

The law actually cites another reason, as well: the rehabilitative effect on the criminal:

(Under #3)

It also states that another reason for restitution is:

(5) the mental, physical, and financial well-being of the victim.

So I'd guess there are very good reasons to have trials for the financial crimes.

IMO.
Don't forget the death of Ms Satterfield(body to be exhumed?), and the High School boy that Buster knew, found dead in the roadway, very suspicious, and still being looked into as well. Many unexplained deaths around that family. MOO

Was AM's oxy prescription grade or street drug? If street drug there is no telling what it was cut with. MO
I have yet to read anything about his stash other than the text message from Paul saying Maggie had found his bag of pills. There was evidence of an online search by Maggie for Oxycodone 30mg and some unidentified green capsules but as to their legitimacy I have no idea. I have a hard time thinking that there was a prescription for the Oxy. Hopefully there is DEA evidence somewhere of the trafficking that may be brought out in another trial but we may never know if these pills were pharmaceutical grade or "bathtub".

I just re-listened to MP’s testimony. She testified that the Lityle Detective was on the lookout for AM’s pills.

Just a month before PM confronts his Father about finding the pills. I wonder if he found some that night and took them from AM. After all he’d bern through that day, I imagine AM needed his fix. Did PM take them and pocket them?

Was AM looking for PM’s phone when he shot his son and rolled him over…or looking for his pills?

I think the early on press release of saying there is no danger could also be said that either way there was no danger to the public. IF it was revenge for the boat thing or some issue with Alex and his drug associates, then there still is no danger to the public. To me no danger means there is not a serial killer on the loose or a mentally ill unstable murderer that is attempting to evade being caught. They knew it was targeted somehow and there was no reason for the pubic to fear a crazed murderer on the loose.
Alex himself was telling them it was targeted.....by the boat wreck people. Now the defense wants to say they focused on him from the get go when in reality they were only believing and going by what Alex said.
jmo

OMG at .28 that looks like something blue beside the kennel slightly crumpled up. But it could just be a reflection. Hard to tell.

Last edited:
Certainly just speculation, but to add to your point, I believe that AM's drug addiction is merely a manipulation to explain his bad choices. If AM ever had an 'addiction', I don't believe it was serious. And I don't think MM would have tolerated it. MOO. I'd love to know what his tox screen results were. His claims of spending huge amounts for 'his addiction' would minimize his fiscal responsibility and his bad behavior; after all he wasn't in a rational mind set. It wasn't AM, it was his addiction. I do think he uses sympathy, subterfuge and bluffing to distract and divert as evidenced by his recorded LE interviews. I think he sold drugs for big money since it's been noted that he paid $4 million in interest alone on debt, $60,000 to an attorney to get BM back into law school after cheating charges, had almost $1 million in credit debt, wasn't paying mortgages, and applied for another $600 thousand in credit with promised signature from his father prior to the murders. Besides theft from clients, judgment cash may have been running out. In addition, he had PM's Beech lawsuit pending. I read that another big settlement got MM and BM's names dropped from the Beech lawsuit. Simply put, drug addiction would minimize AM's bad behavior and disallow drug distribution charges to be added to the mix. IMO, AM is 'the end justifies the means' type of character.

"Maggie and Buster Murdaugh’s names have been dropped from the lawsuit. Tinsley said in exchange, the victims - including Mallory Beach’s parents - will eventually be awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars.

“We are pleased with the court’s decision and feel like it was not only the best decision given the circumstances, but the only decision for all who had any real interest in the matter. We also believe the ruling will help give some closure to the people who so desperately deserve it,” Tinsley said."
In some crimes(unsure which), Addiction is allowed at sentencing, as the person may not be in their 'right mind', leading to bad decisions. No idea if that could apply to Murder...or in which States this is even an excuse....

Do u think PM was shot from kneeling position rather than a contoured bent over postion?
Some commentator on CTV suggested that the shooter was kneeling for the first shot to PM. Shooter possibly got gun kick-back and or fell down backwards (even lower) when shooter then delivered that second(strange) shot to PM.
I think some of AM’s high pitched wailing was interwoven with his actual horror of that last shot to PM’s head.

MOO

Alex's paralegal ( her name escapes me at the moment). Testified he was a ball of fury when he hit the office. I took that to mean he had a lot of energy, flitting from one thing to the next. If he was addicted to methamphetamine, I would understand. But don't opiods make you slow and fuzzy?

Reading about MM's drug search for pills found in AM's computer bag, makes me wonder if by May 2021, AM had a subconscious suicidal wish:

Are benzodiazepines contraindicated with opioids?

It is extremely dangerous to mix benzodiazepines with other depressant/downer drugs like alcohol, gabapentin and opioids (such as heroin, buprenorphine and methadone). All of these drugs can depress breathing resulting in a serious risk of death if mixed. Dec 1, 2022

Yes, I saw her testimony, said he was difficult to work for for those reasons. According to Mayo they make you sleepy.

What makes opioid medications effective for treating pain can also make them dangerous.

At lower doses, opioids may make you feel sleepy, but higher doses can slow your breathing and heart rate, which can lead to death. And the feelings of pleasure that result from taking an opioid can make you want to continue experiencing those feelings, which may lead to addiction.

You can reduce your risk of dangerous side effects by following your doctor's instructions carefully and taking your medication exactly as prescribed. Make sure your doctor knows all of the other medications and supplements you're taking.
From my own observation, his movements/behaviors are symptoms of ADHD. Not being able to focus, demanding, unreliable with timing(not working normal work hours, and inconveniencing others), can't sit still, even gets up when his phone rings during questioning at the Police Station, and walks out of the room. Doesn't 'play' by the Rules, inconsiderate, self centered narcissist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member