SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Buster did well and was fairly neutral. Then again, I believe the defense knew not to put Buster in a position to expect him to lie and perjure himself.

I think he may have been mostly honest, except when he perjured himself by saying Alex would leave his phone behind all the time. ( :rolleyes: My eyes did backflips over that one.).

And I'm kind of skeptical about the backyard parking story. But I'll wait to see if they have any rebuttal witnesses on that. They could have one of the caregivers back on.

I don’t get how all of the crime scene people missed that buckshot pellet in the windowpane. And why the state tried to suggest it could have just been there wasn’t a good look either. The witness would have been better to just talk about finding it and the numbers of shot without declaring it to be “the one”.

I addressed this earlier. If I recall correctly the crime scene investigator admitted they did not remove all the pellets. They had more than enough to come to their conclusions. I can't say exactly at what point in the trial it was brought up but today when it was mentioned I immediately remembered that part of the testimony from earlier in the trial.

That's interesting. I live in SC and was involved in a case where a gal forged the signature of her boss on checks. I worked in the bank that cashed the checks and I had to do a deposition. The case was going to court but settled at the last minute. This was decades ago.

The attorney on the podcast actually said they only do them for civil, not criminal.

I addressed this earlier. If I recall correctly the crime scene investigator admitted they did not remove all the pellets. They had more than enough to come to their conclusions. I can't say exactly at what point in the trial it was brought up but today when it was mentioned I immediately remembered that part of the testimony from earlier in the trial.

I think that was the ME testimony. I just figured if it were supposed to be 9 then they would do their best to account for them all.

I think he may have been mostly honest, except when he perjured himself by saying Alex would leave his phone behind all the time. ( :rolleyes: My eyes did backflips over that one.).

And I'm kind of skeptical about the backyard parking story. But I'll wait to see if they have any rebuttal witnesses on that. They could have one of the caregivers back on.
IMO, Buster probably knew about his brother's underage abuse of alcohol more than anybody -- he used his identification!

I was disappointed to hear him dispute that his brother was driving his dad's boat when Mallory lost her life. Just because PM was so drunk he did not remember driving the boat does not make him innocent. MOO

I understand that most people think AM is guilty and I pretty much agree, however, I’m still hung up on his seemingly love for his family. I do think he loved all of them and I think he was very dedicated as a father, so obviously murdering them in the way that he did (gruesome) goes against this thought. I don’t know, I’ve never had a massive drug problem or have been in financial ruin so it’s probably hard for me to understand the psyche behind such horrific actions. It’s perplexing to me. Side note: Harpootlian is an *advertiser censored*

Mike Sutton’s work was diminished some by his choosing to test the guns with somewhat different ammo. I didn’t understand why since those brands of

I understand that most people think AM is guilty and I pretty much agree, however, I’m still hung up on his seemingly love for his family. I do think he loved all of them and I think he was very dedicated as a father, so obviously murdering them in the way that he did (gruesome) goes against this thought. I don’t know, I’ve never had a massive drug problem or have been in financial ruin so it’s probably hard for me to understand the psyche behind such horrific actions. It’s perplexing to me. Side note: Harpootlian is an *advertiser censored*
I think at one point AM did love his family but his life became a charade of pretending on a runaway train. He treated everybody well, had everybody fooled, stole from people who considered him family, and who he treated like family. That’s a person that lacks true emotion and a conscious, lacks the ability to really connect with another person on a true emotional level. I don’t think the financial crimes were a result of supporting a “drug" habit. He stole millions and millions of dollars which up to this point nobody knows what he did with a lot of that $$. It’s impossible to spend $50,000 a week on drugs for yourself, you would be dead consuming that many. I personally feel the opioid addiction is a play by the defense. I think the walls were closing in on him from many different angles, financial crimes, drug dealing, the lawsuit, Paul and Maggie were of no use to him, they were expendable in his life. MOO

Has anyone looked at the vineyard vines website at the men’s shirts? Looks like AM has worn these almost everyday under his jacket.

Just bringing this up because the question was asked today if AM had these shirts.

I think AM is guilty. That said...

...my sister lives in the low country. I don't know what type of grass she has, but her household drives and parks on the grass all the time when there are extra cars around. Her yard/grass looks healthier than folks who have lawn services treating their grass routinely. (She has a guy who cuts her grass and he's always appalled at how badly they treat the grass, drive/park on it, etc. Yet even he admits that her grass looks better than anyone else's in the neighborhood.) You don't see tire tracks and there are not dirt patches because they do move the cars (rather than leaving them parked for long or extended periods of time). So, I can actually see how someone could pull up on the grass to park (an hour, an afternoon, even overnight or a day or two) and you not being able to tell it was specifically used for parking. Maybe it's the sandy soil making for hardy grass that can withstand a lot. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bumped41075