SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand why his law partners didn't think that Alex's stealing funds could have had something to do with why the murders happened. This witness said he was calling clients to ask if they knew anything and he was trying to figure out what happened and who could have done this and if any of the other partners or their families were at risk.. Why didn't they tell SLED about Alex's financial dealings that night? It literally came to a head that day when Alex was confronted with this and then they just decided to table it because Alex's wife and son were murdered? Did anyone not think maybe what Alex had been doing was the cause of the murders?
I really believe it crossed the lips of a few of these guys in private even if just with their wives. They play this innocent babe in the woods routine of not being able to fathom the totality of the situation, but they're savy enough behind closed doors to see the writing on the wall. I believe they are still covering their a$$es from future litigation that is coming down the pike against this law firm.

At this point I cannot tell what is real, who is being genuine, to what extent gaslighting and manipulation is occurring. This is a defense witness, but sounds like a prosecution witness.

What is happening? Is this all some sort of grand scheme? I don’t trust the defense as far as I could throw them. I agree with what someone said above. I can’t wait for this to be over.
Maybe so AM can say he had ineffective counsel on appeal?

It continues to be very clear that everyone bowed down to the Murdaughs. They started the firm, brothers in the firm, solicitors…a modern day mafia.

What lawyer wants to be the one to question his non-ethical choices? That’s a serious breach that could bring devastation upon them. So they ignore it.

Ball testifies about the fatal 2019 boat crash cases. He says AM was much more concerned about the criminal charges against Paul than the civil lawsuit against the Murdaughs, which the family and PMPED lawyers thought was defensible.
^^rsbm

Mallory Beach was a cousin to AM's paralegal. Since Ball wants all to believe whether you were an attorney or support staff, you were family to the firm, it should have been mandatory for the family firm to listen to what the surviving victims were saying instead of jumping on the protect Murdaugh bandwagon. This patronizing testimony can end any minute now! MOO :mad:

At this point I cannot tell what is real, who is being genuine, to what extent gaslighting and manipulation is occurring. This is a defense witness, but sounds like a prosecution witness.

What is happening? Is this all some sort of grand scheme? I don’t trust the defense as far as I could throw them. I agree with what someone said above. I can’t wait for this to be over.
I was thinking the same thing. This guy sounded like a prosecution witness even when on direct by the defense! Watch, that will be part of his appeal if convicted, his lawyers were subpar.

Maybe so AM can say he had ineffective counsel on appeal?
Yes, that has crossed the abyss of my mind too…… but at the same time, hasn’t it been noted in many circles that the counsel for the defendant are considered quite good or some of the best? So maybe that other ship won’t sail, rather mired in deep mud….. MOO

Just finished Netflix documentary …. nicely done
How did it play with the trial? Looking forward to seeing it this weekend.
I may have to call off work to watch that - ha!
He reminds me so much of Tammy Moorer. He just can't help but think everyone and their brother will believe him if he takes the stand.
I hope he is burnt just as bad during cross as she was. MOO!
AM will try to charm them, TM doesn't have an ounce of charm in her.
I’m wondering why the defense put this witness MB on the stand?????
To report that he moved the pots from the stove to the fridge, a most important detail to them for some reason, lol. jmo

It doesn't seem like the defense got this witness to prepare over the long weekend. He had some great testimony about the sloppy crime scene. Now, he is hammering AM. Somebody on the defense goofed. He should not have been their witness. JMHO.
right..... on cross, this defense witness forgot he shouldnt provide/volunteer an answer or explanation to a question not asked. IMO, he went off script.

Did anyone notice the audio being clearer today on the video clip?

It was significantly more clear to me. At first he says “I did him so bad” then immediately said “they did him so bad”.

If this has already been discussed I missed it. I’ve listened to it several times and just today I noticed it being 2 comments.

^^rsbm

Mallory Beach was a cousin to AM's paralegal. Since Ball wants all to believe whether you were an attorney or support staff, you were family to the firm, it should have been mandatory for the family firm to listen to what the surviving victims were saying instead of jumping on the protect Murdaugh bandwagon. This patronizing testimony can end any minute now! MOO :mad:
She stopped being part of the PMPED "family" as soon as the that boat hit the bridge and MB went in the water. What was it that was said by a M at the hospital while the survivors were still in shock and bleeding? (paraphasing) " Don't worry about her, she's gone":mad:

As he's been in Jail for the Financial crimes, I wonder if it's possible the AG was trying to figure out what would be prosecuted first. So many crimes, and different courts to handle them??
PM was not involved in any financial crimes. After being arrested two months following the boat crash for driving the boat while intoxicated and causing the death of M Beach, he left the courtroom on $50K bond and never spent a minute in a jail cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow