SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in a rural area, pastures, trees, we routinely hear gunfire while in our house. We have no immediate/close neighbors, gunfire has to be a minimum of 1/4 mile away. Our house is 7 years old, double paned, spray in foam insulation, TV on. Wondering if the state will try to re-create being able to hear gunshots well in the house.
At this point I din't think it really matters, Fenandez's last question to this guy was if you were standing at the kennels would you have heard the guns being fired.

We live in a rural area, pastures, trees, we routinely hear gunfire while in our house. We have no immediate/close neighbors, gunfire has to be a minimum of 1/4 mile away. Our house is 7 years old, double paned, spray in foam insulation, TV on. Wondering if the state will try to re-create being able to hear gunshots well in the house.
I can hear gunshots while on trails and worry that one may get me. lol

I am so over this trial - I believe AM is beyond guilty but this has been painful to watch - so much stupidity. You know what says no substance to me - a son who gets on the stand to speak for a father that killed his mom and brother. Disgust. I think what we have learned about Paul is that he had a good heart. He had ADHD and drinking did not agree with him but it seems like he loved his mom and was siding with her on what he felt was right. AM knew PM would side with MM in a battle and took them both out. BM is playing along for the spoils, he has to know what his dad is capable of. I would have had more respect for him if he would have just stayed behind the scenes. Sad.

I have a theory why no one could hear the shots from inside the house.

At the time of the shooting, there was no one inside the house.

JMO
And that is why Fernandez' last question was perfect: "If you were at the kennels could you hear the shots?"

Take a bow Mr Fernandez. That was an excellent cross examination on a very technical topic. You destroyed the 'expert' witness.

ETA: ooops. I see that @sunshineray already made this point.

Last edited:
I am so over this trial - I believe AM is beyond guilty but this has been painful to watch - so much stupidity. You know what says no substance to me - a son who gets on the stand to speak for a father that killed his mom and brother. Disgust. I think what we have learned about Paul is that he had a good heart. He had ADHD and drinking did not agree with him but it seems like he loved his mom and was siding with her on what he felt was right. AM knew PM would side with MM in a battle and took them both out. BM is playing along for the spoils, he has to know what his dad is capable of. I would have had more respect for him if he would have just stayed behind the scenes. Sad.
As soon as Buster said that they routinely parked on the lawn near the back door at Almeda property, we know he is saying whatever the defence wants him to say. Everyone knows what a lawn looks like when it's used as a parking lot. Furthermore, I doubt Randolph Murdaugh would have allowed anyone to do that. What he said and what we see don't line up.

At this point I din't think it really matters, Fenandez's last question to this guy was if you were standing at the kennels would you have heard the guns being fired.
Perfect question to end with.

Being a small town, rural area, a good guess that there’s people on the jury having the same thoughts as me -that they can hear gunshots that are not close while in their house. This guy was also wrong when he said it did not matter what type of ammo you used that it would not affect the sound -that’s completely wrong. Any hunters/gun enthusiasts on the jury, they’ll know that that info is wrong too.

I respected the defense witnesses education and experience as well as his mostly avoiding being put into a corner during questioning but I don’t think the offering was strong enough.
I think the point was well made that his expertise was not firearms nor ballistics involving shots fired through victim's bodies. The man should not have been testifying about this case, other cases involving cars, trucks, boats or ships, yes but not this case. AJMO

No, they use theirs to train the dogs, then they hunt for wild quail with the dogs. I guess I didn't explain it very well.
But they don’t kill the pet quail or trainer quail. Or at least simply mouth a dead trainer quail softly. Then the ol’ boys go out to shoot the “wild“ quail. Then the dogs go back into the kennels again. The dogs have learned to have a soft mouth. They don’t get to eat anything except some dog food. The good ol’ boys eat the quail, presumably, or give them to a homeless shelter With their chef preparing a delicious treat for those that haven’t a roof over th head. I would carefully check those dogs for GSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam