SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the Netflix documentary about the Murdaughs. Really well-done, the interviews with family, attorneys, locals. I had read how local law enforcement (SLED, as well as local DNR) covered up for the Murdaughs, but I was really shocked at how much they covered up for the Murdaughs in the Mallory Beach case, how some families worried about retaliation from the Murdaughs, etc. It's shocking, the corruption in that county. I hope the jury doesn't feel threatened.
I would. Just saying. When you have LE, SLED and attorneys covering for him, yes. I would be afraid. I have wondered why the judge seems so calm.

This is the biggest moment of Creighton Waters' career.

I am often disappointed after the cross examination of a defendant. It's rare that a prosecutor beats on them as much as I want. I hope this isn't one of those times.
I’m gonna wager that it makes Fernandez’s cross of the trajectory/audio expert seem like it was words of sweet nothings….

JMO. moo

Who besides Alex, could we hear sniffling at the end of his testimony?

Well, it's good to know that they all loved each other SO much, and were such kind and compassionate people to everyone they met!

Paul, especially, was a good boy. Never mind that he abused his girlfriend and then recklessly caused her death. He was a good boy.

Such great family values.
I watched her interview and I scratched my head, thinking of the people who testified he was such a good boy. I do believe she must live across the country now and is hoping AM goes to prison. There’s still Buster though!

Her interviews were very difficult to watch. Paul was insulting and physically abusive to her and insulting about her family as well. He WANTED her to feel less than him.

PM’s behavior with her was not that of a nice or good person.

She says “Sorry” and touches her face a lot. Paul’s abuse and the survivor’s guilt she admits feeling have harmed MD considerably and I hope she is able to heal from all of it.

ETA: One of the worst impacts the narcissist leaves the victim with is their shame for having played along. But the narcissist is typically a master at manipulation and having their victims feel shame is part of keeping them connected.

Since he can’t offer a defense I’ve just had to discount any actions on his part. Not because I’d defend any of the sort but just using what’s available.

Do life insurance policies still have suicide clauses?

Life insurance may provide coverage in the case of suicide, but many policies have provisions that limit the payment of death benefits in these circumstances. Benefits also may be denied if the policy is relatively new, usually within the first two years of coverage, which is called the exclusion period.

And as a top-dog lawyer that made millions off of suing insurance companies, you can trust AM knows how to read the "suicide clause" and the "exclusions" paragraph too!

ETA: The suicide clause -- a time period when death benefits under a life insurance policy will not be paid out due to a suicide, is typically 2 years.
Didn’t AM just testify that he has handled civil cases for 27 years? And yet he only stole 10 million? I find that hard to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder