SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Live Trial Blog, Day 23 (See MEDIA ONLY)

This is so rich-- and not because AM learned anything from manhandling and manipulating traumatized kids just fished out of the water.

10:34

Murdaugh says he was careful not to talk to potential witnesses after the murders because of the scrutiny over the boat crash case alleging he fixed witnesses and orchestrated the investigation and influenced the police. He didn't want to take any chances

This is so rich-- and not because AM learned anything from manhandling and manipulating traumatized kids just fished out of the water.

Murdaugh says he was careful not to talk to potential witnesses after the murders because of the scrutiny over the boat crash case alleging he fixed witnesses and orchestrated the investigation and influenced the police. He didn't want to take any chances

Which means, I assume, that the state could call witnesses to prove that he tried to fix witnesses and influence police.

Maybe someone aleady said this but, seems to me that you can hear the gravel/ tire crunch of the golf cart as he is saying that he is going back to his house. And he is not winded by all that hurrying, but he never admits to being in the golf cart, right?

He admitted that he drove it over to the kennel (stayed 2 minutes to deal with a chicken? Wut?)

Did he say he also drove it back to the house for his nap?

Alex is his own worst enemy. In the 911 call he states he had last seen his family an "hour or two" before he found them dead. But there he is, on Paul's cellphone video at the dog kennel, talking in the background just plain as day, just 4 minutes before they were killed. And then Maggie's and Paul's phones both locked at 8:49, a few minutes later. I can't wait until the State cross examines Alex, this is gonna be fun!!

So someone help me out. I have been paying attention, but I still am confused on the clothing. He wore one outfit to work and Blanca says the shirt in the video of Alex that day is not the shirt he had on when he left for work right? Or was she saying he trried to convience her that the shirt in that video was a Vinny Vines shirt, but she knows it wasn't because the shirt he had on had a collar the she fixed. Did the Vinny Vines shirt have a collar or not have a collar?

Did he change clothing after work before the Paul video AND again after the murders to put on the shorts/t-shirt?

Did he kill them wearing the outfit seen in the video, but Blanca is saying that isn't what he wore to work?

I was thinking it would be something to wear a similar outfit to what you wore to work and then dispose of that outfit and magically produce the outfit worn to work, but if he didn't know that video would be taken then his plan is messed up.

Is he abandoning his story that he checked Paul’s and Maggie’s pulses? He said he touched Maggie around the waist. He told 911 he checked for breathing and he told police he checked for pulses. I think he did none of those things.

Why would the jury believe anything he says?

They're hoping that one person is so trusting that they will believe him. My mom would have been that person. She just absolutely would not have wanted to believe that this man blew his son's head off, would see his sniffling and crying and be so touched with the Paw-Paw nickname (Southern roots). She was absolutely impossible to convince once she made up her mind. She prayed on things and if God told her to forgive someone, she did.

If a case was simple, cut and dried, my mom could see her way to finding someone liable (she did once, in a case where someone backed their car out without looking and ran over an elderly person), but basically she said God said "Judge not" and she worried that if she judged other people, that things would go badly for her on Judgement Day. She never did much of anything wrong (although she had a short list of what she thought God would mention to her).

That's the hope here. It's a Hail Mary. However, my mom was also subject to peer pressure, so if 11 jurors find what the prosecution is about to do with this witness believable, it's possible my mom would have caved. It's also possible that she would have absolutely listened to her inner sense of things and refused to convict.

First of all - thanks to the live tweeting and posting- I physically cannot watch or listen to AM.

I got lost … which I know is AM’s strategy by design…but how is he connecting the lying about being at the kennels with the innocuous tale of the chicken? He says he wasn’t thinking straight when the first responders arrived - he remembers and tells them about a nap (now maybe just a doze), but not the happy time chasing the chicken because why? And when asked when he saw them last he says he does not remember - but now this chicken story is so specific and clear. So the drugs made him paranoid so he lied about the kennels and the chicken but not the nap? Or is is implying he was paranoid he would be considered a suspect so he lied. What a mess.

I hope Waters presses him about the drugs - what did he take- how many - when. Was he popping them after work? While checking the sunflowers and droopy trees? Before dinner? After dinner? At mom’s. And didn’t PM take his pills? Where was his back up stash? How does he explain testimony that he was coherent at the scene and not acting paranoid.

This is a MESS.

Absolutely and a very good reason why the AM's of the world are called "crazy-makers" -- causing you to doubt your sanity!

Exactly. If we look at the whole picture of his life (and Paul's and Buster's too - and probably Maggie's), lying was a way of life. They do not even realize when they're doing it. They push the boundaries of what other people can believe.

Of course, Alex knew he could be caught for his financial crimes. I can't remember when they started (the lady who testified was so long ago!) But it was a long time and he obviously continued it right up until he was caught.

Think about that! Your wife and son are murdered. yet you can’t chance discussing it or try to find the “murderer” because of the boat crash case. I mean, that case could cost him some money! That’s more important than the truth about your wife and son. Oh jury, send this man to prison, an ugly prison!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc