SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But MM and PM were never given the opportunity to know about all these ”bad” things AM had done.

Do not lose sight of this fact!

moo

I am not sure that MM did not know. When was murder farm transferred into her name? She might not have known exactly what he was doing but they were living a high lifestyle. Remember when she only had 57 dollars in her account. My guess is that his recent discovered relapse had made her start to think that something major was a miss.

His brother had to have known something was up--- multiple properties, land deals that he had been upside down on, big spending. Not saying he knew it but more that he had to have questions how is law partner was living so high.

they are getting nowhere in my opinion..
shows a person with lack of conscious, lying was a way of life to get what he wanted countering that his lies regarding the murders were from distrust of LE. Agree $$ crimes do not prove murder but understanding who the real AM is is important. MOO

CROSS-EXAM - This is the first time everyone has heard that you lied about being at the kennels that night, right? #AlexMurdaugh: That's right.

Back and forth about is people viewed the Murdaugh's as prominent.
Waters: It's not a hard question.

Waters asking #AlexMurdaugh about his relationship with law enforcement personnel and his family's relationship with law enforcement - this goes to AM testifying he didn't trust SLED and lied to them.

Waters about the (excessive) use of #AlexMurdaugh calling Paul, "Paul Paul" today to the jury. "Is that your new name for Paul?" AM says that's what he calls Paul. Waters brings out that he never called him that in any of his recorded law enforcement statements.

BOAT CRASH - Waters brings up #AlexMurdaugh having his badge visible on his dashboard,etc.. and the night of the crash going into the hospital having it hanging out of his pocket "Because you wanted to have an advantage that night." AM: I may have.

Waters asks #AlexMurdaugh if in the months leading up to the murders, was he aware there was an investigation into the investigatoin of the boat crash (obstruction of justice) - AM says he's pretty sure he knew about that.

Audible reaction from gallery when #AlexMurdaugh says, "Mr. Waters, just to try and get through this quicker...." Waters: I know you want to get through this quicker, but we're not.

"I remember lying to clients of mine, I did it on more than one occasion.... I'm sure I misled them." #AlexMurdaugh saying he can't remember every moment from 12 years ago. Waters: You could just write that down on a piece of paper and hold it up.

I know what Waters is trying to do. He wants the jury to REALLY understand the destruction #AlexMurdaugh did to REAL human beings when they were the most vulnerable. I think the jury understands it really well at this point.

Waters really wants #AlexMurdaugh to say he looked innocent people in the eyes and lied to them. AM doesn't really want to answer it that directly. The point will be he continued that behavior when lying about the murders.

Defense has two experts they flew in and asked the judge if they can take them tomorrow morning and then continue with #AlexMurdaugh cross. Waters says he doesn't want his cross-exam interrupted. Judge says maybe in the afternoon.

He can't even just say yes we lived a weatlthy lifestyle. He had to get clarification and even then more clarification. He admits to earning over 1 million a year for YEARS.. still couldn't just say yes.

The reason this is taking so long is not the questions Waters is asking. It's Alex complicating even the simplest questions.
And don't forget, AM is only counting the legal money he made, not the millions he stole.

Can’t wait for Waters to flip back AM’s testimony that he caused a lot of damage and havoc on people he cared about.” How did Waters not bite right then with “including murder.” But I know he is masterful and will drop that bomb at the appropriate time for max impact.

they are getting nowhere in my opinion..
Oh Alex is speaking loud and clear

1. I am above the law, I am buddies with the law (so why would he be afraid of what SLED was going to think.. this was his reason he gave for lying about being at the kennels that night) Also, with that badge very visible that night maybe his special treatment was because he was implying he should have it.. now he's complaining that SLED messed up the investigation.. can't have it both ways buddy.

2. I looked many victims in the eye and lied and stole their money. I see no remorse.. he can't even remember a single conversation with one of them. Not a single conversation with a single victim of his..

3. He refuses to just answer yes or no.. this is not normal.. it's suggestive that he is always trying to get the edge or upper hand. He is the reason this is taking so long. He won't just say yes or no.. look at the wasted time with him not being able to just answer.. he repeats the question, then has to explain away why this isn't or is what he thinks or how it's different than what Waters said or thinks.. it's ridiculous and it's his own fault for not just answering the dang question.

It’s not a complete train wreck for Alex but CW has established that AM is an accomplished liar who shows little to no remorse for his thievery. Those points have been well made - time for CW to move on the meat of this prosecution.

And you can bet that tomorrow morning Alex is going to have ‘a specific story’ ready to tell, describing in detail about a time he felt bad for pulling one over a client of his. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot