SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

When referring to the attorneys, officials or other trial members, please use their names or initials. Let’s not assign them nicknames. Thanks a ton!!

Yes they are, IMO. The state is getting in VERY important info, like him stealing from a grieving mom who lost her daughter, and this corrupt monster stole ALL of her money.

Or a disabled client, who won a settlement after his accident, and this heartless creep lies to him and his parents and steals the settlement from them.

And 2 young girls, whose Mom was killed---he steals from them while they are waiting to turn 18 and get their settlement.

These are very important facts that the jury needs to understand. This guy didn't just embezzle from some corporate account somewhere----he stole from the most vulnerable victims, who paid him handsomely to protect them. They trusted him and he lied to their faces in their most difficult times of crisis.

THIS is very important groundwork being laid because the jury needs to understand how ruthless, deceitful and coldhearted this greedy monster is.
We've had weeks of testimony to that end. It makes sense that Waters would want to confront him with these crimes and humanize the victims but I think we all get it. I'm afraid he's going to lose the jury if he doesn't get on with it. IMO

He prob bought the expensive (phantom) guns he used on MM & PM with stolen client money.

This psychopath man- child.
It’s like Bernie Madoff meets Chris Watts.
IMO

You know I think Alex is worse than Bernie, most of people Bernie stole from were multi millionaires. This guy stole from the poorest of poor, the disabled, friends, coworkers, every single person within his sight was a target.

MOO

Why is his family sitting like they are? John Marvin & wife are alone and sitting up closer. Buster is on the isle and by his self?

When I saw a bit of footage from earlier today, BM was on the aisle end, then to his right: his girlfriend, his aunt (AM's sister), JMM, someone else, then RM at the opposite end from BM. IMO.

the motive was to buy time? seems absurd and there is no financial reason behind this , no insurance..etc..
I dunno...seems like white collar crime is one thing..he might go to jail , he may have to make restitution...but murder? come on.. why do this? to your baby? to your wife? I don't believe it. mOO

it doesn't make him a killer. mOO
They have not got to that part yet, wearing him down, showing his total lack of remorse, lack of empathy, what a worthless person he is. No different than going after someone whose spouse is killed and they expose affairs, financial issues etc. Showing the jury how easily he lies- don’t believe his testimony

I am the same. We need to listen what he says.

Respectfully, I think the point here is you cannot believe what AM says!

Remember, for example, AM told Chris Wilson that he was putting client settlement monies in an account at the legitimate firm Forge Consulting, LLC when the truth of the matter is that AM stole these monies from Chris Wilson, his firm, and the client! JMO

AM did a good job showing the jurors how all those millions he stole from injured clients were just files and case numbers.

He showed them the real Alex, and not the phony husband of "Mags", and the father of "Bus," and "Paw-Paw." JMO
Believe tomorrow he will have a novel of the "steal" details and he will be calling his family by their given names. He could have pulled the loving nicknames off if he had used them here and used them in his interviews, introducing them now was so staged.

the motive was to buy time? seems absurd and there is no financial reason behind this , no insurance..etc..
I dunno...seems like white collar crime is one thing..he might go to jail , he may have to make restitution...but murder? come on.. why do this? to your baby? to your wife? I don't believe it. mOO
Why do this to your wife and son?
I think you'd have to be very desperate. And immoral and heartless and greedy and impulsive and cold hearted.

And I think the state just showed him to be all of the above. He was in bad financial shape and desperately needed to pay back some of the accounts he had looted. To do so he needed wife and son GONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1