SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DH was trying to manipulate the court with the story that his witnesses (a pathologist and another (?)) were present now but if they have to fly home and return after the weekend it would be very expensive for the defense.

Judge said he would not impose on the state and/or interrupt the cross-examination, and after the state estimated another 3-4 hours, the defense was advised to have their witness ready for Friday afternoon. MOO

ETA: add tweet

Lol , DH wants the dinner check.

Imo

I guess we'll know soon enough how well this strategy pays off, but I wonder if the emphasis on the financial crimes will muddy the waters too much? It definitely helps with motive and character but so much time has been devoted to it and they still have to prove the murder case beyond a reasonable doubt. It will be so interesting how the jury perceives this.
The Jury will remember more of what they hear at the end , so glad to get the financial stuff done first, and move on to evidence on the Murders. Waters has made many points that are hard to forget, so looking forward to new topics. He knows what he is doing.

I hope the state takes the entire day and goes into Monday. Let the defense pay for their experts over the weekend. Maybe their client shouldn't be such an arsehole and just answer the questions so this could have been much further along by now.

I think the jury should be pissed that the defense is suddenly offering up two more witnesses to take the stand. Was DH's staff busy digging up additional people once AM confirmed that he wanted to testify himself? I wonder if it's a defense ploy to distance the jury from AM's testimony on the stand, so the last witnesses they will have in mind will be people other than AM?

MOO.

I didn't get to watch today and have just seen a few snippets this evening.

How was AM's body language while on the stand? I would love some insight. Thank you.
He did all the crying and snotting that one might expect. However, when he was sobbing and looking all worked up, his breathing rate never increased. He blinked like crazy and he nodded yes while saying no. And he had enormous amount of incongruent statements. I thought he was extremely rehearsed with his own attorneys but I don't think he held up to Waters very well.

Respectfully, I think the point here is you cannot believe what AM says!

Remember, for example, AM told Chris Wilson that he was putting client settlement monies in an account at the legitimate firm Forge Consulting, LLC when the truth of the matter is that AM stole these monies from Chris Wilson, his firm, and the client! JMO
Exactly! He lied and then lied about lying and lied to make up something about lying about the lies.

So now we are to believe that being confronted that day about the money he had been stealing didn't make him panic at all.. there was nothing to see here because he knew Chris Wilson was going through a divorce and not going to look into that any time soon. And we are to believe Alex because why exactly?

The defense would say that there was no benefit to Maggie and Paul being dead because Alex said so? NO

There was financial gain because Alex could do what he wanted with the money.. he believed he could have control of Moselle and Maggie's share of the assets.. just because he didn't get control of it, doesn't mean that his motive wasn't there.. if he believed he would have control of it, then it's motive.. he believed the boat case would go away if Paul was dead.. just because it didn't go away, doesn't mean his motive for killing Paul wasn't financial.. he believed it would go away if Paul was dead.

Let's reflect.

Alec told us about Bubba and the chicken in slow motion, described Paul and Maggie's locations to be IMO accurate to where they were, not when he says he left for the house, but where they were when he opened fire.

It's something that from 8:46 to 9:06 he only recalls getting out of there, driving the golf cart and lying down for a minute or maybe not.

Big black hole of absent detail.

JMO

Last edited:
Stunned at the lack of explanation for going to the kennels, and why he lied about it.

Paranoia?

That makes no sense at all.
It makes even less sense when you consider the fact that he carried around a badge which AM admitted was done (at least in part) to get special treatment from LE. AM himself acknowledged that the badge gave him an advantage with, in his words, "other law enforcement" (insinuating he is also part of LE). The badge was effectively his "get out of jail free" card which he clearly understood how to use effectively (i.e., putting it on the dash if he got pulled over and having it hanging out of his pocket to get access to the hospital rooms of the boat crash victims) so it makes no sense why all of the sudden he was afraid of LE after the murders.

Lots of comments that the motive makes no sense. What would make sense? Not sure why an unhappy marriage or other reason is easier to accept. By all accounts Chris Watts was a loving husband and father, killed his wife and girls to get them out of the way. Does not understanding the “why” negate the evidence?

I guess we'll know soon enough how well this strategy pays off, but I wonder if the emphasis on the financial crimes will muddy the waters too much? It definitely helps with motive and character but so much time has been devoted to it and they still have to prove the murder case beyond a reasonable doubt. It will be so interesting how the jury perceives this.
well, not so much as the defense devoting excessive time to chickens and somewhat useless commentary about each and every peripheral person in his life is just so wonderful and lovely. :D

I have a question.Does anyone know if he called Buster right after the murders?I know he said he called his brothers but what about his other son?You'd of thought he'd try Buster before his brothers.

It was about 42 minutes into the 1 responder body-cam when someone else asked "What about Buster". Which jolted Alex's memory and then someone, not sure who, tried to make contact with him. All the danger and talk of vengeance, but the thought about Buster didn't cross his mind.

Lots of comments that the motive makes no sense. What would make sense? Not sure why an unhappy marriage or other reason is easier to accept. By all accounts Chris Watts was a loving husband and father, killed his wife and girls to get them out of the way. Does not understanding the “why” negate the evidence?
Good point. You don't even have to know the motive to prove murder, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1