SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's reflect.

Alec told us about Bubba and the chicken in slow motion, described Paul and Maggie's locations to be IMO accurate to where they were, not when he says he left for the house, but where they were when he opened fire.

It's something that from 8:46 to 9:06 he only recalls getting out of there, driving the golf cart and laying down for a minute or maybe not.

Big black hole of absent detail.

JMO
The time is even shorter because his phone started recording steps at 9:02.. so his nap had to be like between what 8:55 or so and 9:02 and that is if he raced to the golf cart and got up to the house without any delay after that video.. seems very unlikely he knew he was going to visit mom that day.. decided to surprise Maggie and Paul down at the kennel because Mags had asked him to go to the kennel with her and he declined.. such a nice guy to decide to go after all.. he arrives just in time to remove a chicken from Bubba's mouth and then jet back to the house to nap or not before abruptly waking and deciding I better go see mom like I planned to do.. please he's so full of crapola

the motive was to buy time? seems absurd and there is no financial reason behind this , no insurance..etc..
I dunno...seems like white collar crime is one thing..he might go to jail , he may have to make restitution...but murder? come on.. why do this? to your baby? to your wife? I don't believe it. mOO
His wife was investigating, looking into the finances, as she said to Blanca that she knew little, and AM kept much from her. The Boat accident was looming. He had his cousin fake shoot him to throw LE off. His movements as he reported them that night are way off, and he lied about much regarding that, as well as all the other stuff. MOO

I don't think the Defense can talk to a testifying witness? MOO

I should add a disclaimer to my initial reply that specific to this case, I don't think making contact with the client/witness would be beneath DH/JG -- especially if there is no consequence to them.

It's a basic problem inherent in all witness testimony, and the issue comes up regularly in trials, hearings, depositions, and other proceedings, there is surprisingly little authority directly on point. Some attorneys embrace a more nuanced view that it is permissible for a lawyer to talk to a client during the client’s testimony, but it is improper for a lawyer to talk to a third-party witness.

In my experience, the only way to officially prevent this from happening is a motion by either side to sequester the witness, and the court to grant the motion. MOO

It is sad to me that anyone would carry a solicitor's badge as a prop.

There are actors.

And there are bad actors.

That's why 'bad actor' is a thing.

He is a bad actor. Through and through.

JMO
I don't think he carried it as a prop. I think he carried it to gain access to places he otherwise wouldn't have been allowed to go.

I have a question.Does anyone know if he called Buster right after the murders?I know he said he called his brothers but what about his other son?You'd of thought he'd try Buster before his brothers.
He called the following people

9:04 - Alex calls Maggie
9:05 - Alex calls Randolph Murdaugh
9:06:14 - Alex calls Maggie
9:06:52 - Alex calls Maggie
9:08 - Alex texts Maggie
9:10 - Alex calls Buster (it says 00:60 long so no sure if this is 60 seconds?)
9:12 - Alex calls Chris Wilson
9:18 - Alex calls John Marvin
9:20 - Chris Wilson calls Alex

It was about 42 minutes into the 1 responder body-cam when someone else asked "What about Buster". Which jolted Alex's memory and then someone, not sure who, tried to make contact with him. All the danger and talk of vengeance, but the thought about Buster didn't cross his mind.
yes, Buster...an afterthought...I believe I read previously the phone log and someone else contacted Buster. I think this link is where I saw it. https://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/securepdfs/2023/02/murdaugh-murders-timeline-full.pdf

I think the jury should be pissed that the defense is suddenly offering up two more witnesses to take the stand. Was DH's staff busy digging up additional people once AM confirmed that he wanted to testify himself? I wonder if it's a defense ploy to distance the jury from AM's testimony on the stand, so the last witnesses they will have in mind will be people other than AM?

MOO.

They asked for them to go before AM. The state objected to that and Judge Newman said no, that it would have to be in the afternoon

No can’t see jurors, but I did see him get up out of the witness seat and grab some tissues in his hand. The judge and others got upset that he had gotten up.
If I saw someone slinging snot and sniffling I would pass them some tissues too. That's a human move not necessarily a show of support for what he's saying. jmo

Hopefully Walters hammers this point tomorrow:

In her will drafted in August 2005, a copy of which has been obtained by DailyMail.com, she left everything to her husband.

You know I think Alex is worse than Bernie, most of people Bernie stole from were multi millionaires. This guy stole from the poorest of poor, the disabled, friends, coworkers, every single person within his sight was a target.

MOO

Yes, Waters is trying to point that out. He is an abuser who preys on the vulnerable.

AM is trying to portray that he is a good old country boy and would never do anything like that. Remember it’s the drugs, not him.

I'm not fully understanding the cross on the financial crimes. The state can only use the financial crimes to show motive -- they can't use it to prove bad character. But the cross seems to be focused on his bad character. I know his credibility is in issue, but I'm finding this messy. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee