SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to closing argument, where State can lay it all out uninterrupted, in all of its absurdity, without having that irritating, broken record in an ill fitting suit, stuck on the part of song where the nails on the chalkboard have their solo.

I agree, Alex was cutting his losses, putting all his eggs in one basket: Buster. There are jailhouse phone calls where Alex tells Buster that he put in a fix for Buster to be re-admitted to law school. Buster said no, the law firm legacy ends with Alex.

The financial fraud unravelled with the boat accident: the problem with Paul. Moselle was entirely in Maggie's name and she probably had no issue with Alex mortgaging the property. She did not comply with Alex's requests that she sign loan papers at the bank using Edisto Beach house as collateral: the problem with Maggie. Both relate to financial problems and over-spending.

Often, Alex says two things at the same time: I disagree with all of it, but agree with some.

I missed that convo “the law firm legacy ends with Alex”. Do you have the link handy?

Do we know or can we guess why MMs phone wasn't left at the scene like PMs was left there???
I do wonder now if she and Alex rode down together in the golf cart after Paul was already down there. Maybe she left her phone in the golf cart and when Alex hopped in it to jet back to the house, there it was.. he had to think quick and he rode down the driveway and tossed it.

Y’all I’m kinda worried. I watched both CNN and Fox after testimony ended today and every single legal expert said they thought AM nailed his testimony. One former judge said she thought he was “the best witness she’s ever seen”. They all think he’s guilty, but they also all think it will be a hung jury or not guilty verdict because of how well he did.
Obviously that’s not what most of us saw (we saw a lying narcissist just trying to further control the narrative), but this makes me think AM might have gotten to one juror.
I wish CW had asked Alec why he didn’t call Buster first. How he knew when to lie about the timing of when he last saw them. Why he texted and called Maggie to tell her he was off to Almeda when supposedly there was no service at the kennels.
Just random thoughts. My husband is getting tired of hearing me talk about this case so I have to vent somewhere

Would Maggie have needed to okay the $600,000 extension on Moselle if she owned it?

If so, did she refuse?

Did he ask her and that sparked her to reach out to an accountant to examine what was going on with their finances?
The timing was not right for MM to take any action-- she was dead 48 hours after the extension was requested. This -- notwithstanding that MM understood why AM made the fraudulent property transfer to her. And I don't doubt MM signed anything AM requested of her. The woman died with $56 to her name! MOO

Or did he take them from PM after he shot him? Was this a dispute over his pill stash where MM and PM had confiscated them. What if PM had kept them in that feed room?

Just spit-balling here, going with AM's claim that his addiction was driving him.
Bbm.
Straight from the horses' mouth ... well, AM's anyway !
Not an excuse for murder, mister.

Y’all I’m kinda worried. I watched both CNN and Fox after testimony ended today and every single legal expert said they thought AM nailed his testimony. One former judge said she thought he was “the best witness she’s ever seen”. They all think he’s guilty, but they also all think it will be a hung jury or not guilty verdict because of how well he did.
Obviously that’s not what most of us saw (we saw a lying narcissist just trying to further control the narrative), but this makes me think AM might have gotten to one juror.
I wish CW had asked Alec why he didn’t call Buster first. How he knew when to lie about the timing of when he last saw them. Why he texted and called Maggie to tell her he was off to Almeda when supposedly there was no service at the kennels.
Just random thoughts. My husband is getting tired of hearing me talk about this case so I have to vent somewhere
Yes, Judge Jeanine , and she thinks he’s guilty. Ugh.

Good questions, and I hope the juror's aren't swayed in the least.

This family seems so dysfunctional, filled with lies and coverups, and Paul was no law-abiding angel in reference to the boat accident & being absolved of responsibility.
But there needs to be justice for the two lives that AM allegedly took !
Imo.

What happened at Moselle IMO happened fast. I think that Alec was hosing himself down within minutes. Likely stripped down. Washed the weapons just like he said he did (whoops), wrapped them in the blue tarp, covered himself in the poncho, returned to the house to shower again and dress in shorts and a clean t-shirt.

Phones: IMO he wanted only to confirm that it was locked. Took Maggie's intending to delete the corresponding texts and calls but Maggie must have changed her access - seems he tried to open her phone by using the camera shortcut (unless that was a failed face recognition). Realized the phone might be his downfall and hot potatoed it out the window.

Drove himself to Almeda at a nice, LE friendly pace, stowed his weapons and clothes at Almeda, to be further disposed of later.

Jmo

He just testified that he had a bag of pills in his pocket when he spoke to investigators after the murders.

I'm relistening to the part where he is describing how he used his grandfather's sheriff's/LE badge and papers to trick/endear himself to LE by having them think he was in LE. He says "LE treats you better if they think you are LE." (!) As if this is a good thing to say.

Then he's asked, "ARE you in LE?"

He actually has to pause and think (the look on his face! he looks so cunning and proud). "No, sir. I am not in LE."

Oof.

Those two things together, plus his words about being paranoid that they'd catch the pills. Wow. Wanted to be Solicitor.

The timing was not right for MM to take any action-- she was dead 48 hours after the extension was requested. This -- notwithstanding that MM understood why AM made the fraudulent property transfer to her. And I don't doubt MM signed anything AM requested of her. The woman died with $56 to her name! MOO
AM said that his dad would sign for the loan so I'm not sure that MM's name would have been on the loan.
I read that in order to pay his attorneys that he cashed in his 401K taking penalties to obtain $600,000.

I recall a lot of the same talk in George Wagner's trial. People said he did good on the stand. I saw a lying narcissist who cared about nobody but himself. People said the jury will be out for a week.. it was 7 hours guilty on all including the specifications. I think those experts talk to talk sometimes. They might think his avoiding questions and all that garbage made him look good.. maybe to a legal person, but not to us. Same way politicans dance around topics and questions and spout out talking points and everyone says how great they sound. It also sounds like hogwash to me (both sides.. all politicians. lol)

I didn't realize the prosecution had "rested their case" today (live court streaming went out), is that right? Or will the prosecution have another opportunity to present their case against AM? On Monday or in closing arguments? TIA
Prosecution ended their questioning of this witness AM.
Starting Monday the Defense say they have 4 more witnesses to call.
Prosecution says they have at least 2 Rebuttal witnesses to call after the Defense rests.
From there both sides get to present closing arguments.
Judge Newman said he’s not going to impose a time limit on closing arguments.

How do you think he got all the blood off of him so quickly? The fact he lied and the time window for him to clean up shortens.
Alex travelled the same distance (283 steps) as Paul when Paul first arrived at the kennels. Roughly 9 minutes after Maggie was shot, Alex walked 283 steps.

Did Paul walk 283 steps running the hose to the kennel next to the shed, and Alex walked 283 steps putting the hose away? Did Alex wash off (changing clothes?) next to the shed, leaving an unusual and unexpected puddle of water near Paul's body?

1677279859699.png

I recall a lot of the same talk in George Wagner's trial. People said he did good on the stand. I saw a lying narcissist who cared about nobody but himself. People said the jury will be out for a week.. it was 7 hours guilty on all including the specifications. I think those experts talk to talk sometimes. They might think his avoiding questions and all that garbage made him look good.. maybe to a legal person, but not to us. Same way politicans dance around topics and questions and spout out talking points and everyone says how great they sound. It also sounds like hogwash to me (both sides.. all politicians. lol)
Agreed.

And the poor jury will have had to see evidence we've been shielded from.
The few photos shown thus far have been horrific and revolting.
:(
That can go a long way in determining the verdict !
M00.

I'm relistening to the part where he is describing how he used his grandfather's sheriff's/LE badge and papers to trick/endear himself to LE by having them think he was in LE. He says "LE treats you better if they think you are LE." (!) As if this is a good thing to say.

Then he's asked, "ARE you in LE?"

He actually has to pause and think (the look on his face! he looks so cunning and proud). "No, sir. I am not in LE."

Oof.

Those two things together, plus his words about being paranoid that they'd catch the pills. Wow. Wanted to be Solicitor.
Bolded to highlight.. he just saw his sons brain outside his skull and his wife with bullet holes and he is thinking oh they might find my pills. I doubt LE would be overly focused on and concerned with his baggie of pills (I mean how many can really fit in a pocket). Being who he is, he could have said it was his prescription for pain for all that LE knew it was true. He sure didn't mind lying about everything else IM sure he could have mustered up an explanation for some pills in his pocket. Not like he had 1000s pills in there.

What happened at Moselle IMO happened fast. I think that Alec was hosing himself down within minutes. Likely stripped down. Washed the weapons just like he said he did (whoops), wrapped them in the blue tarp, covered himself in the poncho, returned to the house to shower again and dress in shorts and a clean t-shirt.

Phones: IMO he wanted only to confirm that it was locked. Took Maggie's intending to delete the corresponding texts and calls but Maggie must have changed her access - seems he tried to open her phone by using the camera shortcut (unless that was a failed face recognition). Realized the phone might be his downfall and hot potatoed it out the window.

Drove himself to Almeda at a nice, LE friendly pace, stowed his weapons and clothes at Almeda, to be further disposed of later.

Jmo
Exactly, also because the blood would not be out of place there. Found in the traps at home would be harder to explain.

When AM said "I would never hurt Maggie." and "I would never hurt Paul." AM never said 'kill'.

Sad as it is, now we know why Paul died. The killer hated him, had anger in his heart.

I wonder where Alec had Paul's gun hidden.

Can we guess? I think the two guns were in some kind of duffle in the golf cart (a typical item to be on a golf cart on a rural property).

Just a guess. Pure speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member