SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Palmbach formed his opinion while out of state based on information provided by the defense and only visited the scene a few days before testifying, at which visit he noticed the pellet indents and the pellet embedded in the upper frame of the door.

So, I ask you: how likely is it that this witness considered that new evidence (new to him) without bias toward the opinion he had formed and communicated prior to seeing those pellet indents and the pellet embedded in the doorframe, knowing he was to testify on behalf the defense today?

DH wants the jury to visit Moselle so each can form (and include in consideration of guilt) their own impressions. But, their own witness merely rolled his own on-scene impressions into whatever preformed opinion he already had. (ETA: IMO).

Last edited:
So if they are visiting Moselle tomorrow does that mean no court tomorrow?

I think they said 3 hours for the field trip, so if the prosecution completes their rebuttal today, I could see the field trip and then the charge conference in the afternoon. Jurors won't be present for the charge conference, only the attorneys, but generally cameras are allowed for it.

If I were on the jury I would be offended that they think I was stupid enough to believe this hogwash. Time to end the madness.
I know right? But then (I try and stop myself but I can't) I think of the OJ and Anthony trials and just how bizarre, how ridiculous juries can be. It's like a haunting.

I think they said 3 hours for the field trip, so if the prosecution completes their rebuttal today, I could see the field trip and then the charge conference in the afternoon. Jurors won't be present for the charge conference, only the attorneys, but generally cameras are allowed for it.
But am I understanding the defense has 2 more witnesses today and then state's rebuttal and witnesses? I doubt they will finish today based on how it has gone thus far.

You nailed it! It sure seems that none of the animals reacted to any strangers and therefor Paul had no idea anyone suspicious was there.
Someone help me out. On Friday AM was asked if any dog was alerted to any strangers while he was at the kennel. He said no. There is more to this part. I can't find it in my notes.

My point? No dogs alerted to a stranger... And didn't he say he didn't think a stranger was around?
Help me find this....

DH told the judge as the first witness was coming up to testify that the exhibits today would be graphic and therefore the majority of them would be sealed. In that commentary, he also stated that if the family opted to leave during the testimony and evidence, that was the explanation. In other words, they aren't leaving or not here because they aren't on AM's side, they are not here because of the graphic exhibits. At least that was the explanation he managed to squeeze in while discussing sealed exhibits. IMO MOO
That is a common and respectful thing to do.

Friends,
I am so ready for this trial to be over.

Well it didn't seem to bother Buster when he went to recover guns from Moselle and then stood and played with the dog on almost the exact spot that his brother died. (This photo really bugs me!!)

I know Buster isn't on trial so we aren't really able to dig into his life but the guy stumps me in trying to read him. He has such a flat demeanor most of the time in court, yet he saunters in and out lots of days smiling and chatting with family/gf. His interaction with Alex on jail calls doesn't feel engaged. He really comes off as a strange duck to me.

AM said he checked both pulses and turned Paul over. I assumed too he checked their pulse on the wrist, maybe he checked the neck on Maggie?
I don't think AM ever touched Maggie or Paul except to try and retrieve their phones. Paul's because it was getting calls/texts from RoRo but Alex didn't know Paul's passcode. Maggie's just to throw it out for appearances sake IMO.

When does Prosecution call their rebuttal witnesses?

I know right? But then (I try and stop myself but I can't) I think of the OJ and Anthony trials and just how bizarre, how ridiculous juries can be. It's like a haunting.
I was at work when CA verdict came down standing in a conference room. I literally almost fainted and had to sit myself into a chair. Dumbfounded.

Someone help me out. On Friday AM was asked if any dog was alerted to any strangers while he was at the kennel. He said no. There is more to this part. I can't find it in my notes.

My point? No dogs alerted to a stranger... And didn't he say he didn't think a stranger was around?
Help me find this....
You are correct AM did testify that the dogs acted normal and did not behave as if anyone they didn’t know was around

He is still setting up RoRo (Rogan Gipson) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member