VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from photos and video of the Moselle property.... the "kennel" area is horribly depressing, it's rundown, nasty-looking. I hate to think about any animal living like that. So glad there are no more dogs living in that disgusting place.

Do you really think so? I would think that nearly everyone within three counties has either seen the Netflix documentary or had conversations with others who have.

Since the law firm has been destroyed, Moselle will be sold to pay off AM's misdeeds, I wonder what this remaining power will be based on. I think there surely must be a large number of people who are relieved to see this corrupt family fall.

IMO.
Takes a lot to kill tradition and family reputation in the south. Some will survive this.

Judging from photos and video of the Moselle property.... the "kennel" area is horribly depressing, it's rundown, nasty-looking. I hate to think about any animal living like that. So glad there are no more dogs living in that disgusting place.
Am I seeing a chicken dog toy in one of the dog kennels ? Not cute IMO.
Scroll down. Second set of photos .

My ex was in a family business that the siblings all worked in and while they all received the same salary, it was modest compared to the year-end bonuses. He literally put all his expenses on credit cards all year knowing he would pay it off in December. All the siblings did and non had much financial discipline because there as always "money on the way." I think Alex lived like this and Maggie didn't ask questions as long as the credit card worked. Her sister testified she was more of a free spirirt and not about the details.

Alec would never file for bankruptcy.

1. Murdaughs don't do bankruptcy.
2. Bankruptcy would expose his financials which would impact him professionally and criminally.
3. Alec didn't intend to be broke ever. He expected IMO to crawl out of this moneywormhole. The murders changed the landscape. He'd be the victim, the boat lawsuit would ease up, he'd move money around as he had always done, pay back CW, satisfy the firm and carry on.
4. He wasn't interested in losing Moselle.
5. He'd lose Maggie before he'd lose Moselle.

Maggie who he couldn't personalize, couldn't recall their last conversations, couldn't recall the nature of her health concerns, never once indicated he should've been there to protect her, had no regrets....

Business as usual. Make and take advantage of whatever is at hand.

Today at the defense table, that arrogance? That's who he is. It's game day. Closing arguments, probably his favorite day, if he ever had a case go to trial. Play to the jury. Which is exactly what he's doing.

Jury didn’t come to play.

I have faith in them.

May they see Alec for what he is and find him guilty as charged.

JMO

Last edited:
I agree with the Judge not putting time limits on the closings. I do not think he will go along with the jury coming in and saying they are hung either if that is what happens. I think he would tell them to go back and keep working. There is no hurry for them to find a verdict. Was it not reported they can stay as long as they want and can go through the weekend? No rush, take as long as needed. I pray they see through the crap and are not afraid to find him guilty.

My ex was in a family business that the siblings all worked in and while they all received the same salary, it was modest compared to the year-end bonuses. He literally put all his expenses on credit cards all year knowing he would pay it off in December. All the siblings did and non had much financial discipline because there as always "money on the way." I think Alex lived like this and Maggie didn't ask questions as long as the credit card worked. Her sister testified she was more of a free spirirt and not about the details.
Yes and Blanca testified that Maggie confided in her that Alex didn’t tell her everything about $$$

Steps were Gloria fell
They are not as tall or steep as I imagined for a fatal fall. I know, I know. But I am clumsy as all get out, I fall all the time, I have hurt myself badly but never, ever close to serious. I want a definitive answer on cause of death from the exhumation. I believe once this trial is over, regardless of verdict, we will find out so much more: Gloria, Stephen, the drugs, the money. And it may all be nothing, but no reason to release anything until this is over because everyone is so busy with the trial.

I hope the defense brings in a drug counseling person to attest to the high amount of oxy he claims..I bet they will say they have have seen this before..a doctor may say that this dose is poison..but that would be if you hadn't built an extreme tolerance...mOO
It's a little bit too late to bring in anyone to attest to anything. The defense had plenty of opportunity to bring in a drug counselor and a doctor but they chose not to. IMO, they didn't because they knew it's a lie and if they really call attention to the abnormally high usage, it could be interpreted that AM killed them in his drug induced state of being. moo

Bankruptcy is a big deal for a licensed attorney and can sometimes mean disciplinary actions from the state bar.

In any case, it was never an option for Alex. He was stealing from clients and his partners. Any bankruptcy filing is going to cause a lot of unwanted scrutiny from the US trustee and unravel all his schemes.

Edit - As an aside, There are a lot of cases with dead spouses where you could similarly ask the question, "Why not just get a divorce?" Murder is not a rational crime.

Yep. People may forget that while most victims of murder are men, when a woman is murdered, the most likely person to do it is her husband, followed by some other intimate romantic partner or an ex-partner. It happens every day.

It's actual a significant cause of death for women, worldwide. If one includes ex-partners in the stats, half of women murdered are murdered by a spouse or former spouse or intimate partner (in the US):

Indeed, the 1.2 out of 100,000 women's deaths being homicide is equal to the total homicide rate for many nations (not the US - our total homicide rate is just under 5.0 per 100,000 in 2022. By comparison, it's 2.0 for Ghana, 1.3 for Algeria; 1.2 for France; about 1.0 for the Scandinavian nations; 0.74 for New Zealand and 0.26 for Japan.

Naturally, these figures do not include the missing and apparently dead. The US has a lot of missing women (missing men too of course), but we did better last year (only half a million missing persons at end of 2022).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member