VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gracias Amigo! I like the idea of hard boiled eggs at the bar. It's old school! If anyone remembers the Jimmy Stewart film Anatomy of a Murder there is a scene when Jimmy Stewart ( he plays a lawyer) is at a bar with his private investigator and there is a bowl of hard boiled eggs on the bar for the patrons to eat for free! So eggs are definitely relevant today! Also goes in with the chicken themes we've had so far!! LOL!
I love that the juror said she'd brought in a dozen eggs for jurors, judge said ok then you want to leave the eggs? No, you're sending me home, I want my eggs back.

Aw, today Griffin is all nicey nice.

Uncle Griffin.

Yes, agreed, Alec was innocent until proven guilty in the court of law, but the sides have rested. The evidence stands.

i wonder where he's headed with this.

What is their defense in chief? Alec was at the house, not the kennels, when the ninjas swept in, found the weapons Alec said he didn't see, and shot Paul in the chest, then the back of his head. Ninjas can do that. While another ninja executed Maggie while still another wrapped up the hose. Ninjas are nothing if not tidy.

Alec looks catatonic.

JMO

its interesting the judge said he received a complaint a few days ago from a member of the public about this juror, but yet they went out anyway for a jury viewing...guess it took time to investigate?

I guess so and I wonder if the defense has been dragging their feet because they wanted her to stay.

We're back. Judge Clifton Newman is addressing an allegation that a juror had improper discussions about the case. Judge says he met with the juror on the record, and the juror denied discussing the case with anyone.

Newman: Two other people were interviewed in an in-chambers, on-the-record hearing about their contact with that juror. "Both of those individuals waffled on the nature and the extent of the contact.”

Newman: "The juror has had contact or discussions concerning the case with at least three individuals, though it does not appear the discussion was that extensive." But it did involve the juror offering her opinion on evidence presented at trial.

Newman is removing that juror and replacing her with an alternate. We are down to one alternate now.

Defense attorney Dick Harpootlian isn’t happy about this juror issue and how the matter was investigated. He says SLED handled the juror investigation. One agent handling it was a witness in this case. Another was an investigator in the Murdaugh murders investigation.

Harpootlian: “It is muddled. But we would defer to your judgment. … “SLED has made another bad judgment in this case. This is just a continuum of a calamity of errors.”

Judge Newman brings out the juror by herself. “It’s going to require me to remove you from the jury. You have been, by all accounts, a great juror.” You’ve been attentive to the case and performed well.

Judge Newman: “With all the time you’ve invested in the case, you probably hate not to continue, or maybe you want to go. … I’m not suggesting you intentionally did anything wrong.”

Judge Newman asks the juror if she left anything in the jury room that she needs to retrieve before she goes. The juror says she left a dozen eggs.

Judge orders the bailiff to retrieve the woman's eggs, and her purse, from the jury room. Her identity will remain confidential. Judge Newman orders her to wait until after the case to speak publicly about it.

So that is that. The woman doesn't seem to be in any real trouble, and she will get her eggs back.
The 12 eggs representing each juror on the panel...

Have the bailiffs examined the eggs to make sure there are not listening devices in them?

Why is one juror allowed to bring in items that other jurors may use or consume? Did someone else bring bread or peanut butter? Do they cook in their juror's room?

They made a freaking blowup of the bodies. How disrespectful.

Now Griffin is kissing up to the jurors. Not sure I can bear this closing argument.
Agree, I think he’s going to say that no way that Alex the loving father and husband could cause that much damage to Paul and Maggie, well he did moo

Flower Pot w/Buster Name = Sympathy for the only remaining son
Maggies Bike = Couldn't kill the Murdaugh matriarch
Bubba's Stuffed Chicken = Humanizes Alex and his affection for his family

JMO
MOO: Between these three items and the shirt in the window (and maybe the roadkill pig), I felt this act of staging was meant to intimidate jurors. It may not be as creepy as a horse's head in the bed, but this felt like the family is trying to frighten the jurors with these obviously staged items, letting jurors think the family could find each of them if they don't render the family's preferred verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284